+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

dharweshm

Aug 23, 2019
Im confused on whether to do ECA through IQAS or CES...my post graduate course ECA through WES might get rejected as my college s nt mentioned n list of colleges by WES..which of t two is Faster??

Rohanisha

May 2, 2019
Hi All,

Anybody who got Masters equivalency by CES for 3 years B.Sc. + 2 Years M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry) done from India?

I already did my ECA from WES and they recognized my Masters degree as bachelors 4 years; 1-year post-graduate diploma. :( I really need to have masters equivalency to gain 7 points.

Need your help. I am super tensed.

Thanks in advance.

Jatinder_singh

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hi All,

Anybody who got Masters equivalency by CES for 3 years B.Sc. + 2 Years M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry) done from India?

I already did my ECA from WES and they recognized my Masters degree as bachelors 4 years; 1-year post-graduate diploma. :( I really need to have masters equivalency to gain 7 points.

Need your help. I am super tensed.

Thanks in advance.
Try to ask if you can assess from other authorized body. If yes, go for ICES, they might consider it master

Reactions: Rohanisha

how.are.you

Sep 4, 2019
Hello all,

I am wondering whether I should apply for three separate ECAs or just for the highest degree is enough. I have two master's degrees - one from the U.S. and one from China, and a bachelor from South Korea. Should I apply for ALL THREE ECAs or just for the highest/latest degree (e.g., master's from the U.S. university)? I am planning to create the Express Entry profile as soon as I obtain the ECA but suddenly wondered whether three different ECAs are necessary or not. Hope to hear back from any of you who had a similar experience.

Thank you in advance!

Aug 18, 2019
DATE
  • Started May 8, 2019
  • Submitted May 18, 2019
FOLLOW YOUR APPLICATION STATUS
  • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received May 21
  • Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched
No email for was sent to me to check for data error.
Have u got your hard copy ?
I am curious to in how many days have you got your copy?
Because today my status changed to decision dispatched.
so i want to estimate my delivery time.
I am from india.

Aug 18, 2019
Just to clear the air.

I had raised a ticket and they have replied. It seems they have stopped sending any copies (official or unofficial) over mail. Reason given was that it violates their university/govt. regulations.

However, there is an option to get the electronic copy but for that you have to pay additional 32.77 CAD. This is absolutely bizzare! I waited patiently for 12 weeks and now i have to wait again for the hardcopy to reach my address.
Hope You would get your hard copy..
I am waiting for my hard copy as today status changed to decision dispatched.
may i know roughly how many days it will take to reach my indian address..

HimanshuS712

Jul 6, 2019
Dear All,

My Status changed to
  • Complete4. Assessment In Progress
Yesterday. Could you please inform in how many days can i expect my decision to be made?

Regards

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Your Timeline please??
Hi Harish, here's my complete timeline, if it can be of any help:

• Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress
• Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received.............on July 2nd
• Complete 3. Initial Review Complete...........on September 23rd
• Complete 4. Assessment In Progress..........on September 23rd
• Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made.....on September 25th
• Complete 6. Decision Dispatched.................on September 27th

(check the current CES time frames from UToronto own website here)

Last edited:
Reactions: harish010188

harish010188

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi Harish, here's my complete timeline, if it can be of any help:

• Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress
• Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received.............on July 2nd
• Complete 3. Initial Review Complete...........on September 23rd
• Complete 4. Assessment In Progress..........on September 23rd
• Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made.....on September 25th
• Complete 6. Decision Dispatched.................on September 27th

(check the current CES time frames from UToronto own website here)
Thanks for your reply Tapioca... i'm planning to start my process with CES, just wanted to know the timelines. i applied for IQAS and waited/wasted 5 months and now its on hold saying PG university is not in their list..... So looking for other options.

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Thanks for your reply Tapioca... i'm planning to start my process with CES, just wanted to know the timelines. i applied for IQAS and waited/wasted 5 months and now its on hold saying PG university is not in their list..... So looking for other options.
Sorry to hear you’ll have to do it all over again.

I’d have advised you to try WES because they used to send a copy by email right after writing the report, as did CES up until August of this year who then stopped due to it being against IRCC’s policies.
That might save you some time after all this waiting. But I don’t know if WES still does it.

In any case, better ask WES first if they still do send reports by email before making your decision.

FWIW: Reports from CES sent lately took about 12 weeks to be processed (as did mine and others, and as they list on their website). Maybe WES is a safer bet, go check their time frames.

harish010188

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Sorry to hear you’ll have to do it all over again.

I’d have advised you to try WES because they used to send a copy by email right after writing the report, as did CES up until August of this year who then stopped due to it being against IRCC’s policies.
That might save you some time after all this waiting. But I don’t know if WES still does it.

In any case, better ask WES first if they still do send reports by email before making your decision.

FWIW: Reports from CES sent lately took about 12 weeks to be processed (as did mine and others, and as they list on their website). Maybe WES is a safer bet, go check their time frames.
WES is also taking almost 4 months and will get two degrees for Degree (3 years) + PG (2 years). I wanted to give a try in CES and heard i'll get PG equivalency. Is it true?

harish010188

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hello All - Planning to get my ECA through CES and have below queries. Please help with your thoughts/experiences:

- Is it mandatory to scan both sides of certificates while uploading in CES application?
- Can i send both degree+PG transcripts in single cover while sending courier to CES? (Degree + PG two covers kept in a single envelope while sending courier.... just to save courier charges ;))
- Can i send my transcripts on behalf of my university?
- Last but not least will i get PG equivalency for my B.com + MBA (3+2 years)??

Note: IQAS kept my application on hold saying my university is not in their approved list. Did MBA from "Badruka Institute of Foreign Trade" Hyderabad.

I wasted almost 6 months choosing IQAS, so please refrain IQAS and choose other options for ECA.

Thanks
Harish