+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto Comparative Education Service (CES) - My Experience

Jun 9, 2019
anyone else who applied b/w (july end - aug start) facing the same issue?
mine is similar.....my receiving date is 26th August and 11th week is on....not sure when this entire stress thing going to get over....after contacting them they advised to contact them post 22 nd November 2019 in case there is no update from them.....

Only trouble is post 22nd November, not sure what they will do....

• Not Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched

Jun 9, 2019
  • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress (status updated on 11 Sep 2019)
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received (status updated on 15 Aug 2019)
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched

Still waiting.. :(

Hi, I am sure, your evaluation has been done by now...is all good??

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Hi

Has anybody submitted the e-copy of the evaluation (received on email after requesting a duplicate electronic copy) while submitting the profile? Does it contain the reference number that IRCC requires?

CES received my documents on 20th September 2019 but I'm afraid the actual physical report may take a while to reach and it may be too late to enter the draw in 2019. In that case, should I request for an electronic copy? Since my 12th week ends on 18th December.

CLAIRE87

Dec 3, 2019
I submitted on 20th Sep and all docs were accepted and the 12 weeks started on 26 Sep. My 12 weeks with be 19 Dec but annoyingly, they've upped the wait time to 14 weeks. That doesn't include the 2 weeks they are closed over Xmas which is incredibly annoying!

Anyway 27 Nov I got to Step 4 'Assessment in Progress' as complete. People who I have seen write their with a complete timeline on here have their CES ECA application jump to Step 5 on the same day or no more than two days later.

I am wondering if I am still waiting a week later because I have two documents for them to review? Hoping it doesn't sit on Step 4 right up til Xmas and into the new year...

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I submitted on 20th Sep and all docs were accepted and the 12 weeks started on 26 Sep. My 12 weeks with be 19 Dec but annoyingly, they've upped the wait time to 14 weeks. That doesn't include the 2 weeks they are closed over Xmas which is incredibly annoying!

Anyway 27 Nov I got to Step 4 'Assessment in Progress' as complete. People who I have seen write their with a complete timeline on here have their CES ECA application jump to Step 5 on the same day or no more than two days later.

I am wondering if I am still waiting a week later because I have two documents for them to review? Hoping it doesn't sit on Step 4 right up til Xmas and into the new year...
Hopefully you'll get those updated soon, at least you have some steps marked as Completed. In my case, CES received my transcripts on September 19th and I have not heard back from them since then. The holiday break starts on December 21st and lasts until January 5th. I called them today and they just said it should be under review but Step 1 is still listed as Not Completed. Fingers crossed!

CLAIRE87

Dec 3, 2019
Hopefully you'll get those updated soon, at least you have some steps marked as Completed. In my case, CES received my transcripts on September 19th and I have not heard back from them since then. The holiday break starts on December 21st and lasts until January 5th. I called them today and they just said it should be under review but Step 1 is still listed as Not Completed. Fingers crossed!
Oh man, you haven't heard anything from them!? That's crazy. I would email them and ask them to check off the steps in your account if it's under review. I always get a reply within 24 hours (but I have emailed them a fair bit and don't want to get kicked to the bottom of the line for annoying them lol). Sorry to hear about the delay!

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
T
They received mine on 20th Sept and I got an update on 25th which stated they received the transcript.

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
hello. i need some help and would appreciate if someone could hit back on urgent basis.
I have applied for ECA from CES. I have done MBA from Iqra University Islamabad Pakistan. i have done BBA hons before MBA as well but since CES was charging 210$ for each credential, i opted for MBA assessment only. MBA was of 48 Credit hours. now i have following questions.
1) I have made the profile on CES website and uploaded the documents as required by them ( ID card front and back and MBA degree and transcript front and back) i have completed the rest of application as well and payment has been made as well via Visa credit card. now do i need to send documents in a sealed envelope to them or will they first check the uploaded documents and check if they fulfill their requirements.
2) what documents do i need to send to CES?? i already have copy of my MBA degree and transcript verified from HEC and same have been placed in a sealed envelope by HEC carrying their date and stamp+sign. what other documents do i need to send with the package?
3) what is current assessment time of CES. As per their website, its 14 weeks but are they actually following this time frame?

I'd appreciate if someone could respond to the queries in length.

Arin1611

Dec 4, 2019
Hi

I have a pgdm from xlri. Wes considered it as 1 year diploma. Which org will give masters for the pgdm considering iqas has closed its services for now?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
T

They received mine on 20th Sept and I got an update on 25th which stated they received the transcript.
Looks like we are on the same boat. I sent them an email yesterday asking about the status of my application. I'll let you know if they say anything.

Reactions: kolkata2019

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
hello. i need some help and would appreciate if someone could hit back on urgent basis.
I have applied for ECA from CES. I have done MBA from Iqra University Islamabad Pakistan. i have done BBA hons before MBA as well but since CES was charging 210$ for each credential, i opted for MBA assessment only. MBA was of 48 Credit hours. now i have following questions.
1) I have made the profile on CES website and uploaded the documents as required by them ( ID card front and back and MBA degree and transcript front and back) i have completed the rest of application as well and payment has been made as well via Visa credit card. now do i need to send documents in a sealed envelope to them or will they first check the uploaded documents and check if they fulfill their requirements.
2) what documents do i need to send to CES?? i already have copy of my MBA degree and transcript verified from HEC and same have been placed in a sealed envelope by HEC carrying their date and stamp+sign. what other documents do i need to send with the package?
3) what is current assessment time of CES. As per their website, its 14 weeks but are they actually following this time frame?

I'd appreciate if someone could respond to the queries in length.
1) Yes, that is one of their requirements unless you graduated from a university they accept electronic transcripts from.

2) They only ask for transcripts. I don't know what HEC is. When CES receive them they will update your application (Step 2).

3) Currently it is 14 weeks. There will be a holiday break from December 21st to January 5th in which they will not be processing any application. In the past, they haven't been very reliable with their processing times.

Reactions: usmansharif

Lipika_08

Dec 9, 2019
Do CES considers BA LLB degree (integrated course of 5 years) from IP University, India as a Master's Degree or Professional degree?
WES evaluated it as Bachelors degree (Four Years).

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Do CES considers BA LLB degree (integrated course of 5 years) from IP University, India as a Master's Degree or Professional degree?
WES evaluated it as Bachelors degree (Four Years).
I don't think anybody here can give you a straight correct answer unless they had a similar degree evaluated by CES. As a rule of thumb, I believe they compare your degree to a what a Canadian degree would look like, and those are normally 4-year Bachelors and 2-year Masters. Anything under that I think they might not give Masters equivalency. But that's just my opinion.

Siraj1189

Dec 11, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
13-10-2021
AOR Received.
09-11-2021
Med's Done....
14-01-2022
Hello I submitted my application for CES ECA on 22nd November. I had a question on the documents sent to CES for evaluation, unfortunately my university made a clerical error and entered an incorrect reference number ( which is just ending digit actually 5 instead of 4) while couriering the documents. They have now been received by the university as per courier company's tracking number. I have sent the university an email informing about this issue , just wanted to ask if anyone faced similar issue or knows someone who did ? Will I have to ask university to send the documents again with correct reference number? Any help appreciated please

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
has any one, who has done FCPS from pakistan, got their documents assessed by CES? my wife has done FCPS in oral and maxillofacial surgery from Pakistan. Prior to that, she had done BDS that was of 04 years long. now since CES charges 210 CAD for each credential assessment, i have only opted for FCPS assessment. Now the thing is FCPS is just a degree with no transcript. I have arranged attestation of FCPS degree, along with BDS degree and transcript from HEC and those documents now rest in sealed envelope as per CES requirements. has anyone gone through the process having similar educational background as my wife's. I didnt opt WES as they require too much documents and arranging them is a pain in the behind.