+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

Addysood

Aug 12, 2019
While sending academic transcripts directly from university to CES Canada, whether ces academic form is also to be submitted to university to be sent to ces in sealed transcript.
Is it compulsary ?
Please guide?
no physical form to be sent. only online application

jnicoles1

Oct 30, 2018
Hello All, Need help , I submitted my profile on - Submitted Aug 6, 2019 and sent docs through DHL from University .

But my status still showing like this:
  • Not Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Not Complete2. Transcript(s) Received
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched

Did i made any mistake , Because the first step should be completed on Aug 6th itself , Some one please clarify.

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Hello All, Need help , I submitted my profile on - Submitted Aug 6, 2019 and sent docs through DHL from University .

But my status still showing like this:
  • Not Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Not Complete2. Transcript(s) Received

Did i made any mistake , Because the first step should be completed on Aug 6th itself , Some one please clarify.
Step 2 is the first to complete. They have a weird flow.

Deep03

Sep 9, 2019
Hello All,

I have a query, furthermore I am looking forward to have inputs from the members on this group.

Being a primary candidate under the Express entry, my wife got her ECA done through WES and go the following result 2 yrs back:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY:
Two bachelor's degrees (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year).

She has done:

1. Bachelors of Arts degree ( B.A. 3 yrs) Regular from Guru Nanak Dev University (Amritsar), Punjab, India.
2. Masters of Arts degree (M.A. 2 yrs) Regular from Guru Nanak Dev University (Amritsar), Punjab, India.
3. Bachelor in Education degree (B. Ed 1 yr) Regular from Guru Nanak Dev University (Amritsar), Punjab India.

Kindly
suggest if under CES she will be able to get an evaluation for Masters?
Also
If we go in for evaluation (which we are planning to go for) should we only get her Masters of Arts degree (M.A. 3 yrs) Regular from Guru Nanak Dev University (Amritsar), India evaluated or do we need to get the B.A and B.Ed degrees also evaluated.

Help Solicited
Thank you

Last edited:

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Hi Mada urgent help needed :(
Do we need to upload color copy of our Mark sheet in CES portal or need to upload Transcripts copy which we have got from university along with degree ?
Apologies, I haven't checked this page in a while.. In my case, I uploaded color copy of my master degree (2 pages), and b;ack and white copies of the transcripts. They are asking for color copies and usually (ot at least this is in my country), you should hold your degree in original, hence you can take a color copy. in regards to the transcripts, in my case these are provided black and white only, hence I just scanned them.
not sure how is in your country, however if any of the original docs are color, then send color copied to CES. Good luck!

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Hi
Could you plz tell when the first status is shown as complete i.e. intlitial review in progress ?
Is it the day we submitted application after paying fees ?
They have a funny way of updating the steps so you have no reasons to worry. usually all the steps will be completed around 1 week prior to the 3months of waiting :)

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
By when did you get the ECA report? How long did the processing take?
my case - 2month and 3 weeks took the review process and another 2 days to receive the original in mail. Good luck!

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Hello All,

I have a query, furthermore I am looking forward to have inputs from the members on this group.

Being a primary candidate under the Express entry, my wife got her ECA done through WES and go the following result 2 yrs back:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY:
Two bachelor's degrees (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year).

She has done:

1. Bachelors of Arts degree ( B.A. 3 yrs) Regular from Guru Nanak Dev University (Amritsar), Punjab, India.
2. Masters of Arts degree (M.A. 2 yrs) Regular from Guru Nanak Dev University (Amritsar), Punjab, India.
3. Bachelor in Education degree (B. Ed 1 yr) Regular from Guru Nanak Dev University (Amritsar), Punjab India.

Kindly suggest if under CES she will be able to get an evaluation for Masters?
Also
If we go in for evaluation (which we are planning to go for) should we only get her Masters of Arts degree (M.A. 3 yrs) Regular from Guru Nanak Dev University (Amritsar), India evaluated or do we need to get the B.A and B.Ed degrees also evaluated.

Help Solicited
Thank you
Hi Deep,

Unfortunately no one from this group will be able to reply you on this question. If the result obtained from WES are not sufficient for your Express Entry profile, you may try for a second review with CES, but again, there is no 100% confirmation that they will evaluate your degrees as Master.

From what I heard and read in different other groups, WES and CES sometimes provide different evaluations on the same degrees (please bear in mind that WES evaluation is pretty fast compared with the CES one where the process takes 3months). Given the fact that WES evaluated your degrees 2yrs ago, I would suggest to apply for a re-evaluation with CES, pretty sure that in 2yrs a lot were changed.

Note that you will have to pay all the fees again with CES, wait for 3 month and this is not a confirmation that CES will provide you with better results - but again, if the CRS points you have based on your WES evaluation are not sufficient for your EE profile, then you should try with CES, maybe you will have more luck.

Good luck!

rooparani

Mar 11, 2019
my case - 2month and 3 weeks took the review process and another 2 days to receive the original in mail. Good luck!
Hi

Do you mind letting me know me know which course and from which university did you give docs for ECA? What was the ECA result? Thank you.

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Hi

Do you mind letting me know me know which course and from which university did you give docs for ECA? What was the ECA result? Thank you.
Hi!

Not sure if my experience will specifically help you, but sure: as I’m from Romania, I had a 2yrs Master degree from Academy of Economic Studies and a 3yrs Bachelor Degree from Romanian American University.

I do hold a second bachelor degree from an university in US, but I did not ask for assessment for this one, as I wanted to only include my Romanian related degrees (both myself and my husband holds similar degrees from the same universities in Romania so we wanted our process to be as smoothly as possible).

ECA assessed my degrees as per my above comments: 2yrs Master and 3yrs Bachelor.

Good luck!

mrs.Saifee

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Transcript received through courier 9th july
  • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress 20 july 2019
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received 25th july
When should i expect my report?anyone

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Transcript received through courier 9th july
  • Complete1. Initial Review In Progress 20 july 2019
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received 25th july
When should i expect my report?anyone
From my experience, they will consider as "start date", July 20th (not July 9th, when you are saying that the transcripts were received).
So you should expect for all the steps to be completed in mid October (I would say Oct 14 - 18).

Good luck!

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
For all those who are eagerly waiting for updates on their evaluations - This is what I found out from CES yesterday. My spouse documents had moved to Initial review in progress on Aug 2nd 2019. Till now, no further change. They said that they are currently experiencing a very heavy load of applications and hence the overall process is moving very slow. They said they do not have timelines as to when will the process complete. As far as my own documents go, they confirmed they received the documents 6th Aug. But my case is not even moved to Initial review. It lies there in transcripts received. I assume we wont get results before end of october at the earliest.