22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Hi all,

I have a question for those who got their ECA from CES University of Toronto: On Jan 25th I submitted my profile and on February 7th I received confirmation that my transcripts were received (my profile now show "Transcripts Received - Complete"). However, since Feb 7, I have no other updates.. :(
I saw other experiences shared on this forum for people who submitted their profile after I did, and almost all either received updates, either got their decision dispatched, which doesn't make sense for me as according to their website (CES), they are processing the applications on "first come, first serve" rule..

Can I please ask for any feedback / guidance on this please?

I'm a bit stressed about my timeline because I already work in Canada on work permit due to an internal job transfer from Romania to Canada, but I'm looking to submit my application for PR and I cannot do it without ECA.. (and my work permit will expire in 2020)

My CES profile:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 25th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - FEB 7th
  • Not Complete 3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete 4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete 6. Decision Dispatched

Reactions: mayjuly

youngman

Mar 4, 2019
Did you hear back? Mine are stuck at the same stage for 3 weeks, which is normal tho but I'm curious to know yours

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Nope, unfortunately not.. I sent them 3 e-mails already but every time I received the same response: “my file is in queue for review. Current processing times for Immigration is 12 weeks” :(

Last edited:

mayjuly

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
I'm in pretty much the same situation; "Transcript(s) Received" on Feb 8th, and "Initial Review Complete" is still incomplete.

However, from the acknowledgement email from CES:

If there is any issue regarding your file or your official academic record(s), you will be notified via email. Otherwise, it will be deemed complete and placed in queue for assessment.

The estimated processing time for applications begins on the date that the application and all required official documents from the awarding bodies are received and accepted by our office, rather than the date(s) CES reviews your documents. These processing time frames do not include delivery.​

This seems to imply that the 12-week processing time begins on Feb 8th.

Reactions: Mada

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
It is good to read your messages and see that my situation is not different from you.

My CES profile:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 20th

And here is the answer to the email I sent regarding my concerns about timelines:
Your documents has been received on January 31, 2019 and is in queue for review. Once it gets reviewed and if there is any issue regarding your file or your official academic record(s), you will be notified via email. Otherwise, it will be deemed complete and placed in queue for assessment.
What I understand is that the processing time starts when initial review (status nb 3) is complete (and it is clearly stated like this on their website): https://learn.utoronto.ca/notices/ces-processing-time
I want to believe it is a misunderstanding, I can't believe there's an additional 12 weeks between step 2 and step 3 they would not have mentioned.

I will read this thread with attention and hope one of us will have an updated status soon and share with everyone :) I think it is useless to contact CES since they give generic answers (and I want them 100% focus on assessing our diploma ! ahah)

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
It is good to read your messages and see that my situation is not different from you.

My CES profile:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 20th
And here is the answer to the email I sent regarding my concerns about timelines:

What I understand is that the processing time starts when initial review (status nb 3) is complete (and it is clearly stated like this on their website): https://learn.utoronto.ca/notices/ces-processing-time
I want to believe it is a misunderstanding, I can't believe there's an additional 12 weeks between step 2 and step 3 they would not have mentioned.

I will read this thread with attention and hope one of us will have an updated status soon and share with everyone :) I think it is useless to contact CES since they give generic answers (and I want them 100% focus on assessing our diploma ! ahah)
Hi! I think that the processing time begins on Feb 7 (in your case, which is similar with mine), not when Status 3 it's complete.. my understanding from the reply I received "The estimated processing time for applications begins on the date that the application and all required official documents from the awarding bodies are received and accepted by our office, rather than the date(s) CES reviews your documents", is that the 12-week processing time begins when Step 2 is marked as Complete..

MayJuly seems to have the same understanding, so Finger Crossed :);)

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hopefully, you are both right! I honestly thought that Step 3 was the step where they checked that all documents are there and valid (and therefore accepted).
Anyway, 3 more weeks to wait quietly and hope that nothing unplanned will occur. The 3 of us should have our assessments around the same time !

That's the only remaining thing I need to apply for EE!

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Hopefully, you are both right! I honestly thought that Step 3 was the step where they checked that all documents are there and valid (and therefore accepted).
Anyway, 3 more weeks to wait quietly and hope that nothing unplanned will occur. The 3 of us should have our assessments around the same time !

That's the only remaining thing I need to apply for EE!
Haha, yes, same here :) As soon as I'll have my ECA no, I will be able to submit my EE application. Are you already in Canada?

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Haha, yes, same here :) As soon as I'll have my ECA no, I will be able to submit my EE application. Are you already in Canada?
Yes indeed on a 2-year working holiday visa. I moved in toronto in 2017 and in montreal last year. My actual visa is ending on July 20th so chances to have the PR before decrease with the infamous processing time of CES. But if they validate my master I calculated that I will have enough points in the CRS to get an ITA directly at the next draw.
Since I can't live in Québec anymore I am thinking of going back in Toronto or maybe Vancouver.
What about you? What are your plans?

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Yes indeed on a 2-year working holiday visa. I moved in toronto in 2017 and in montreal last year. My actual visa is ending on July 20th so chances to have the PR before decrease with the infamous processing time of CES. But if they validate my master I calculated that I will have enough points in the CRS to get an ITA directly at the next draw.
Since I can't live in Québec anymore I am thinking of going back in Toronto or maybe Vancouver.
What about you? What are your plans?

I was relocated with my job back in Nov 2017 and I’m on a 3 yrs work permit (valid until Nov 2020). Similar with your situation, if they will validate my Master, I should have enough CRS points to get ITA at the first draw.. I heard that the entire process of getting your PR can take up to 1,5 years (not 100% sure) so I’m just trying to be sure that by Nov 2020 everything will be done, as in my case I would have to go back in my country if I will not get my PR.

I would recommend Toronto (because of the weather, activities and job opportunities, even if I think it’s pretty difficult to get a job everywhere :( - my husband had to wait more than one year for an opportunity in Toronto which is different compared with his background).

Good luck with your EE and definitely keep in touch about our ECA! Please share any update you will receive :)

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I was relocated with my job back in Nov 2017 and I’m on a 3 yrs work permit (valid until Nov 2020). Similar with your situation, if they will validate my Master, I should have enough CRS points to get ITA at the first draw.. I heard that the entire process of getting your PR can take up to 1,5 years (not 100% sure) so I’m just trying to be sure that by Nov 2020 everything will be done, as in my case I would have to go back in my country if I will not get my PR.

I would recommend Toronto (because of the weather, activities and job opportunities, even if I think it’s pretty difficult to get a job everywhere :( - my husband had to wait more than one year for an opportunity in Toronto which is different compared with his background).

Good luck with your EE and definitely keep in touch about our ECA! Please share any update you will receive :)
Toronto is definitely greater than Montréal on so many levels. But I am not sure compared to Vancouver (i already miss a milder winter ahah).
For job opportunities, I think it really depends on the field and on the qualifications. I did not have any trouble myself finding something right away.
I am not worried for you to have your PR in time! Indeed Express Entry is a way for skilled workers to have their PR in less than 6 months. It is longer if you use another way. Once you have your ITA, it is just a matter of paperwork and it will be not too long before you have your card.

But yes I will inform the thread as soon as I have something! good luck for you as well !!

Reactions: anmols52

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Toronto is definitely greater than Montréal on so many levels. But I am not sure compared to Vancouver (i already miss a milder winter ahah).
For job opportunities, I think it really depends on the field and on the qualifications. I did not have any trouble myself finding something right away.
I am not worried for you to have your PR in time! Indeed Express Entry is a way for skilled workers to have their PR in less than 6 months. It is longer if you use another way. Once you have your ITA, it is just a matter of paperwork and it will be not too long before you have your card.

But yes I will inform the thread as soon as I have something! good luck for you as well !!

Thank you!! Not pretty familiar with Vancouver but yeah, "warmer" Winter sounds definitely better!

It was nice catching up with someone sharing similar experiences as I do :) Keep in touch!

youngman

Mar 4, 2019
Unlike you two, I'm offshore and my transcripts were received on the 15th March although I was notified a week later. Not sure which day is applicable, but either way I'd need to have a month's more patience than both of you. Please do notify your statuses as soon as it updates :)

Reactions: sorb

mayjuly

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
I emailed CES about this last week, and I just received a reply:

Please be advised that the processing time starts from the date when your application is accepted by our office. According to our system, your file is still in queue for review.

Before we start the assessment process, our team checks if your application and all required documents are acceptable. The date that we determine your documents are acceptable for assessment becomes the official acceptance date of your application. The estimated processing times are based upon this start date.

Our system shows the document(s) pertaining to your program completed at XXXXX was received on February 6, 2019 Upon review, if there is not any issue with your application, you will receive a notification regarding your application accepted date, which would be February 6, 2019. The twelve-week processing time would start from this date. If there is any issue with your application, you will be notified by email and the accepted date will change accordingly.

I hope this explanation helps you better understand how the processing time works.​

So it looks like we're all going to get the ECA before the first week of May.

Reactions: Bloum

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Unlike you two, I'm offshore and my transcripts were received on the 15th March although I was notified a week later. Not sure which day is applicable, but either way I'd need to have a month's more patience than both of you. Please do notify your statuses as soon as it updates :)
I think CES consider as Start Date the date when they've confirmed the receipt (this is my understanding from the reply I got from them).
sure, we will keep you posted! :)