+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

mrs.Saifee

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
For all those who are eagerly waiting for updates on their evaluations - This is what I found out from CES yesterday. My spouse documents had moved to Initial review in progress on Aug 2nd 2019. Till now, no further change. They said that they are currently experiencing a very heavy load of applications and hence the overall process is moving very slow. They said they do not have timelines as to when will the process complete. As far as my own documents go, they confirmed they received the documents 6th Aug. But my case is not even moved to Initial review. It lies there in transcripts received. I assume we wont get results before end of october at the earliest.
did you email them?

mrs.Saifee

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
From my experience, they will consider as "start date", July 20th (not July 9th, when you are saying that the transcripts were received).
So you should expect for all the steps to be completed in mid October (I would say Oct 14 - 18).

Good luck!
I just pray i get my report by oct 14

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
For all those who are eagerly waiting for updates on their evaluations - This is what I found out from CES yesterday. My spouse documents had moved to Initial review in progress on Aug 2nd 2019. Till now, no further change. They said that they are currently experiencing a very heavy load of applications and hence the overall process is moving very slow. They said they do not have timelines as to when will the process complete. As far as my own documents go, they confirmed they received the documents 6th Aug. But my case is not even moved to Initial review. It lies there in transcripts received. I assume we wont get results before end of october at the earliest.
This is exactly what they’ve told me back in in March, however the process was pretty straight forward. They’ve confirmed that the documents were received, then nothing else for ~1month when the “initial review” step was moved to Completed, and then no other update until the last week (prior to complete the 3month timeline) – all other steps were completed in 2 days, during the last week, so I wouldn’t worry too much, but again, this is just my experience. :)

Reactions: Fantastica

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Hi everyone!
Today, CES notified me that the assessment decision had been made.
All in all, it's been 12 weeks of processing time (matching the announced time frames).
Still, I didn't receive the e-mail with said assessment. Did any of you receive it w/o having to ask for it?

Aug 18, 2019
Hi everyone!
Today, CES notified me that the assessment decision had been made.
All in all, it's been 12 weeks of processing time (matching the announced time frames).
Still, I didn't receive the e-mail with said assessment. Did any of you receive it w/o having to ask for it?
They only send hard copy to your mailing address...
I am waiting for hard copy since 9th sept.

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
I see. Thank you for that enlightening comment.

This process feels like a friend telling you he has big news to share, so you both go get a coffee, talk at length, only to leave hours later and you yet have to hear this big news of his.
A lot of agitation, much time spent, and nothing learned.

HimanshuS712

Jul 6, 2019
Dear All,

For my application, the decision has been made and dispatched. However, I still do not have any clue regarding the assessment as I do not have access to their decision.
Please let me know where can i check the decision.

Regards

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Here’s what the notification I received:
We are delighted to notify you that we have completed work on your file.

Your ECA report has been made available for review by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) officials.
Beating a dead horse here, but they already share the report with IRCC. And IRCC asks for the same informations when applying for express entry. While I know they ask for $30 to send one report by email, they could just add a download link on the “My Applications” page. That would do the trick.

Last edited:
Reactions: harish010188

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Hello, Himanshu

Did they send the mail (step 6 completed)? If so, how long has it been?

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Hello, sugneykathrotia

Did you have it sent to North America?

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Please has anyone used courier within Canada as delivery option? If you have, please may I know the timeline between when your decision was made and when you received your original report?

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Last edited:

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Please has anyone used courier within Canada as delivery option? If you have, please may I know the timeline between when your decision was made and when you received your original report?
For IRCC purposes, my understanding is that you only need an electronic version of the ECA. If your country's postal services are underperforming, I'd advise paying for a soft copy.

CES stopped sending unofficial copies since August 2019 (see email below)

Please note that CES has ceased issuing and sending unofficial copies of ECA Reports to ensure our legal compliance and accountability vis-à-vis governmental and university regulations. The submission of an unofficial ECA Report is not in compliance with IRCC regulations and our service agreement with IRCC. CES ceased issuance of unofficial copies as of August 6, 2019 after we were notified that our applicants were uploading the unofficial copy and using for IRCC purposes. As per our service agreement, CES is only to issue official copies. Accordingly, CES issues official copies of ECA Reports in printed format (on security paper), and dispatches them according to the delivery method selected on your application.