+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

syedmujeeb01

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Hi All,

My transcripts were received on 4th Sep, as per confirmation from CES over the email. However , its been 3 weeks now , initial review is not even started. Status for step 1 - " Initial Review In Progress" is still in complete. Can anyone suggest how much time CES takes to start the review.

Below is the status of my application.
  • Not Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received (updated on 17th Sep , in mail CES mentioned that docs were received on 4th Sep)
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched
Thanks.
Hi,

My transcripts were received on 25th August still the my status is transcripts received only. I called them to check and they said the best and better to check about your assessment is on or after 25th November. Because, they start the timelines from the date they received the transcripts.

So in your case, you can expect your assessment on or after 18th or 19th December more or less, could be subject to change due to X mas holidays,.

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
My Wife's ECA finally got to Approved stage and all steps including Decision Dispatched step are completed.
I also received a tracking Update email from FedEx for my ECA.

My question is don't they provide any soft copy of the ECA result apart from the mailed hard copy ?

ECA status Dates:
  • Started Jun 28, 2019
  • Submitted Jul 3, 2019
  • Approved Oct 9, 2019

Reactions: Great God

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
My Wife's ECA finally got to Approved stage and all steps including Decision Dispatched step are completed.

My question is don't they provide any soft copy of the ECA result apart from the mailed hard copy ?

ECA status Dates:
  • Started Jun 28, 2019
  • Submitted Jul 3, 2019
  • Approved Oct 9, 2019
They no longer provide soft copies.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019

ECA status Dates:
  • Started Jun 28, 2019
  • Submitted Jul 3, 2019
  • Approved Oct 9, 2019
Hi, please are you already post ITA? Will you be adding your spouse ECA post ITA? I want to know because I'm considering doing that.

Last edited:

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Hi, please are you already post ITA? Will you be adding your spouse ECA post ITA? I want to know because I'm considering doing that.
I have thought of not adding it now, unless they ask for it. I think adding it now might add unnecessary distraction/deviations for them, may be resulting in delay in process.

Thats my understanding, so not sure what actually should be done.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
I have thought of not adding it now, unless they ask for it. I think adding it now might add unnecessary distraction/deviations for them, may be resulting in delay in process.

Thats my understanding, so not sure what actually should be done.
I was told that I could change spouse to accompanying post ITA and add spouse new ECA as long as it's before submitting my application and my recalculated score is still above the minimum for the draw I received ITA.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
I was told that I could change spouse to accompanying post ITA and add spouse new ECA as long as it's before submitting my application and my recalculated score is still above the minimum for the draw I received ITA.
If your spouse's new ECA date is after ITA date, you'll be rejected.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
If your spouse's new ECA date is after ITA date, you'll be rejected.
Really? Any first hand experience regarding this?
What I mean is getting ITA as unaccompanied and changing to accompanying before e-Apr when spouse ECA is ready. IRCC said spouse ECA date could be after ITA when I'm changing to accompanying as long as it's before E-Apr.

Please let me know if you have any first hand experience of rejection as a result of this.. I'll appreciate your response

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Really? Any first hand experience regarding this?
What I mean is getting ITA as unaccompanied and changing to accompanying before e-Apr when spouse ECA is ready. IRCC said spouse ECA date could be after ITA when I'm changing to accompanying as long as it's before E-Apr.

Please let me know if you have any first hand experience of rejection as a result of this.. I'll appreciate your response
No first hand experience, but IRCC check that when changing from non accompanying to accompanying, the scores remain above the cutoff, and if scores are same, they are within tie breaker.
As per what I said, if the cutoff date is before the ECA date, there was no valid ECA for your spouse on the draw day, so any increase in points now was void at the draw. Could lead to a misrepresentation and rejection.
Play with the rules cautiously.

Here is where you can put your question again and get more people to answer it.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
No first hand experience, but IRCC check that when changing from non accompanying to accompanying, the scores remain above the cutoff, and if scores are same, they are within tie breaker.
As per what I said, if the cutoff date is before the ECA date, there was no valid ECA for your spouse on the draw day, so any increase in points now was void at the draw. Could lead to a misrepresentation and rejection.
Play with the rules cautiously.

Here is where you can put your question again and get more people to answer it.
OK thanks. I'll seek further clarification

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Do we need to send any photocopies of the credentials that we are looking to assess, or is the uploaded PDF enough?

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
OK thanks. I'll seek further clarification
You’ll prolly have your ECA report ready by this week, given your transcripts were received on July 22nd. CES still lists 12 weeks on their site.

By the way, I just received mine today by regular mail service. It nearly took 3 weeks to arrive in Brazil since the assessment was made.

Last edited: