+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
For IRCC purposes, my understanding is that you only need an electronic version of the ECA. If your country's postal services are underperforming, I'd advise paying for a soft copy.

CES stopped sending unofficial copies since August 2019 (see email below)
OK. Thank you for your response.
Please do you know the cost of an electronic copy and the process to get one?

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
OK. Thank you for your response.
Please do you know the cost of an electronic copy and the process to get one?
You can get an Official electronic ECA Report for $32.77 CAD. I do not know the process to get one.

Current plan: Canadian Posts estimated time for international postage is about two weeks. Leaving one more week of margin, I might have to request a soft copy by then if local postal services fail to deliver. Let's hope not.

Last edited:

infectious

Mar 5, 2019
Could anyone tell me if there are any issues with the documents, does CES notify you immediately? My status shows "Transcript received" since start of Sep.

TIA

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Hi.
Just about to start the process.
What documents do I need for a successful assessment. I am assessing my master's degree alone which is from India.
I have passport as id proof.
Change of name affidavit for different name on credentials and passport.
Photocopies of all mark sheets and degree.
Have requested the university for transcripts.

Do I need anything else?
Do the photocopies need to be attested by self or by a notary service?
Please reply soon.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
You can get an Official electronic ECA Report for $32.77 CAD. I do not know the process to get one.

Current plan: Canadian Posts estimated time for international postage is about two weeks. Leaving one more week of margin, I might have to request a soft copy by then if local postal services fail to deliver. Let's hope not.
Thank you so much. I'll consider the electronic copy. However I applied for the Canada COURIER option not the regular postal service. Do you think the courier option will make any difference?
Thanks

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi.
Just about to start the process.
What documents do I need for a successful assessment. I am assessing my master's degree alone which is from India.
I have passport as id proof.
Change of name affidavit for different name on credentials and passport.
Photocopies of all mark sheets and degree.
Have requested the university for transcripts.

Do I need anything else?
Do the photocopies need to be attested by self or by a notary service?
Please reply soon.
I think you're fine. All I did was to attach a copy of my final award to my profile and then have my Uni send my official Transcripts.

Reactions: rajapanesar
Sep 30, 2019
Hi All,

My transcripts were received on 4th Sep, as per confirmation from CES over the email. However , its been 3 weeks now , initial review is not even started. Status for step 1 - " Initial Review In Progress" is still in complete. Can anyone suggest how much time CES takes to start the review.

Below is the status of my application.
  • Not Complete1. Initial Review In Progress
  • Complete2. Transcript(s) Received (updated on 17th Sep , in mail CES mentioned that docs were received on 4th Sep)
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched
Thanks.

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Thank you so much. I'll consider the electronic copy. However I applied for the Canada COURIER option not the regular postal service. Do you think the courier option will make any difference?
Thanks
Yes, I do. About the same kind of difference the performance private mail services show compared to government-run posts.

Reactions: Fantastica

tapioca

Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-02-2020
Passport Req..
13-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
Hi All,

My transcripts were received on 4th Sep, as per confirmation from CES over the email. However , its been 3 weeks now , initial review is not even started. Status for step 1 - " Initial Review In Progress" is still in complete. Can anyone suggest how much time CES takes to start the review.

• Complete2. Transcript(s) Received (updated on 17th Sep , in mail CES mentioned that docs were received on 4th Sep)
Thanks.
Here are the current CES time frames from University of Toronto own website (12 weeks as it reads now).
If history is any guide, your report will probably be written by the end of November, assuming that your documentation checks and they recognize your university.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
My Transcripts were received on July 22 as per CES email.

Only steps 1 and 2 are ticked complete as at date.

Anyone else with similar timeline?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Thanks.
I have a similar timeline to you. CES received my transcripts on Sept 19th. I believe that they will have the ECA completed by the beginning of December. So yours probably will be done sooner, if all your documents are accepted.

Good luck!

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
Hello guys, If you know anyone doing ECA report, I have a very cheap way to send credentials to WES , ICES or any other ECA oraganisation in Canada, instead of using DHL and others to send it. contact me email : cosond200@caledonian.ac.uk

TIRATH RAYAT

Oct 3, 2019
My Transcripts were received on July 22 as per CES email.

Only steps 1 and 2 are ticked complete as at date.

Anyone else with similar timeline?
I have the same time line ......my transcripts were recieved on july 22...please let me know as soon as u get to knw anything..will update you about my process..if any further happens

TIRATH RAYAT

Oct 3, 2019
I have the same time line ......my transcripts were recieved on july 22...please let me know as soon as u get to knw anything..will update you about my process..if any further happens