+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

Faisal667

Feb 6, 2019
It is good to read your messages and see that my situation is not different from you.

My CES profile:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 20th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - FEB 7th
  • Not Complete 3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete 4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete 6. Decision Dispatched
And here is the answer to the email I sent regarding my concerns about timelines:

What I understand is that the processing time starts when initial review (status nb 3) is complete (and it is clearly stated like this on their website): https://learn.utoronto.ca/notices/ces-processing-time
I want to believe it is a misunderstanding, I can't believe there's an additional 12 weeks between step 2 and step 3 they would not have mentioned.

I will read this thread with attention and hope one of us will have an updated status soon and share with everyone :) I think it is useless to contact CES since they give generic answers (and I want them 100% focus on assessing our diploma ! ahah)

Hi could you please share the steps to do while filing uo the form for CES.
Do we need to create the profile first.

Many Thanks.

Faisal667

Feb 6, 2019
Hi, yes, everything turned out as expected – they’ve assessed my 1st credential (University Degree) as “3 yrs Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university” and my 2nd one (Master Degree) as “Master’s degree from a recognized university”. :):)
Hi ,
Could you please share the process step by step please .
I am an MBA from Pune University . Do we need to create the profile first and pay fees and then apply for the transcript from the university .
I have my degree and marksheet with me , but i need to request for the Trasncipt , which takes 2 months to get.

Kindly advise what have you done .

usaid75

Apr 4, 2016
Oh, that's weird. I think that everyone who has been posting here received the email the same day we got "assessment decision made" checekd from the list.
Try checking if your contact details are correct. If so, check the spam folders.
In any case, I would try to contact them as soon as possible.

Hope you receive it as soon as possible! (Maybe they "forgot" to send before leaving on Friday...?)
I got the previous status updates regarding documents receipt and initial review complete on the same email id, however, will contact them to see the actual status. Thanks for the info

usaid75

Apr 4, 2016
Hi! Have you gotten any news?
hi juli.m,
when I contacted them, they replied that they are still working on the file, however, I received the email with an unofficial copy of the report yesterday.
Thanks for your guidance.

youngman

Mar 4, 2019
Hi all, I've finally received the soft copy of my assessment; MBA recognized as MBA. There was a complication with one of my transcripts and the assessor was lenient with handling my case once I gave proper explanation (this took an extra week).
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - March 12th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - March 15th
  • Complete 3. Initial Review Complete - June 6th
  • Complete 4. Assessment In Progress - June 7th
  • Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made - June 13th (Soft copy received)
  • Not Complete 6. Decision Dispatched

Wishing you all best of luck!

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Hi ,
Could you please share the process step by step please .
I am an MBA from Pune University . Do we need to create the profile first and pay fees and then apply for the transcript from the university .
I have my degree and marksheet with me , but i need to request for the Trasncipt , which takes 2 months to get.

Kindly advise what have you done .
Hi Faisal,

Please read all the posts from this topic, all of us shared the process step by step. That's depending on whatever you decide is best for you. In my case, I initiated the discussions with my 2 universities from my country through my family (because I'm already in Canada), then I created the online profile and payed the required fees. After that, as soon as I obtained the transcripts from my universities, I forwarded them to U of T/ECA.
If you know that the process of obtaining your transcripts from your University takes 2m, then you should start with this (that's only a sugestion).

Good luck,
Mada

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Thank you! I did, yes. It says: "Master's degree from a recognized university"
Hi congratulations for masters ECA.
I have bachelor ECA from Wes.
Need masters ECA
Do I need to send both bachelor and master transcript or only masters is sufficient.
TIA

juli.m

May 14, 2019
Belgium
Hi congratulations for masters ECA.
I have bachelor ECA from Wes.
Need masters ECA
Do I need to send both bachelor and master transcript or only masters is sufficient.
TIA
Only Masters transcripts. Make sure to follow all the indications carefully. The process is pretty straight-forward.

Good luck!

Reactions: Sandhusarwar

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Only Masters transcripts. Make sure to follow all the indications carefully. The process is pretty straight-forward.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot for information.

jorida

Star Member
May 4, 2010
Hi, yes, everything turned out as expected – they’ve assessed my 1st credential (University Degree) as “3 yrs Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university” and my 2nd one (Master Degree) as “Master’s degree from a recognized university”. :):)
Hello Mada,
Did you pay for each of the assessments or you payed only the 220$?I have a master and university .Do I apply for each of them separately or not?

Taman

Jun 29, 2019
Thank you! I did, yes. It says: "Master's degree from a recognized university"
Hi, I have already done ECA from WES that recognized both my BA and MA degree as Bachelor. I am thinking of doing my ECA again from CES to get the MA equivalency. I would like to mention, I have done MA in English (36 credits including 6 credits thesis) from North South University, Bangladesh. I would like to have your suggestion on this. Thanks.

Taman

Jun 29, 2019
Congrats!!!!!!! :)
Hi, I have already done ECA from WES that recognized both my BA and MA degree as Bachelor. I am thinking of doing my ECA again from CES to get the MA equivalency. I would like to mention, I have done MA in English (36 credits including 6 credits thesis) from North South University, Bangladesh. I would like to have your suggestion on this. Thanks.