+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

juli.m

May 14, 2019
Belgium
Thank you all for posting this! Now I don't feel alone in the wait.

This is my time line:

• Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - March 11th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - March 22nd
  • Not Complete 3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete 4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete 6. Decision Dispatched

youngman

Mar 4, 2019
Finally some good news! The status changed to "Decision made" last Friday afternoon and I received the temporary assessment by email today. They validated my Master which was really great news.
I completed my Express Entry profile this afternoon, and with a CRS=491, I expect to receive an ITA at the next draw (this Wednesday hopefully). I am excited and really happy that this ECA part is over!

I think the assessment process is carefully done by CES and fair, but it takes really long. I would recommend them only if time does not matter with your application.
Here is the final breakdown of the dates for the CES report:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 20th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - FEB 7th
  • Complete 3. Initial Review Complete - APRIL 22nd
  • Complete 4. Assessment In Progress - APRIL 23rd
  • Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made - May 10th
  • Complete 6. Decision Dispatched - May 14th
Good luck to everyone waiting. Just be patient and don't start worrying before 12 weeks after your transcripts are received :)
Many Congratulations Bloum! Goodluck with your Application. Unlike the two of you, I'm at 447 once I get the ECA so no hope for the ITA. One quick question, while creating the EE Profile they ask for ECA number. Does the copy on the email has that?

Reactions: Mada and Bloum

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Many Congratulations Bloum! Goodluck with your Application. Unlike the two of you, I'm at 447 once I get the ECA so no hope for the ITA. One quick question, while creating the EE Profile they ask for ECA number. Does the copy on the email has that?
Thank you!
To answer your question the ECA number of the report is indeed in the document shared by email.
Regarding your score, there were draws few weeks ago where the cut-off was 443 or 438, so it is not impossible that the cut-off comes back to that level. Is there any change to increase your score (new language test? a job offer?)

Reactions: youngman

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Finally some good news! The status changed to "Decision made" last Friday afternoon and I received the temporary assessment by email today. They validated my Master which was really great news.
I completed my Express Entry profile this afternoon, and with a CRS=491, I expect to receive an ITA at the next draw (this Wednesday hopefully). I am excited and really happy that this ECA part is over!

I think the assessment process is carefully done by CES and fair, but it takes really long. I would recommend them only if time does not matter with your application.
Here is the final breakdown of the dates for the CES report:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 20th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - FEB 7th
  • Complete 3. Initial Review Complete - APRIL 22nd
  • Complete 4. Assessment In Progress - APRIL 23rd
  • Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made - May 10th
  • Complete 6. Decision Dispatched - May 14th
Good luck to everyone waiting. Just be patient and don't start worrying before 12 weeks after your transcripts are received :)
Congrats!!!!!!! :)

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
My time line:

CES Immigration
  • Started Mar 11, 2019
  • Submitted Mar 11, 2019
FOLLOW YOUR APPLICATION STATUS
  • Completed. Initial Review In Progress
  • Completed. Transcript(s) Received on 08th April
  • Not Complete3. Initial Review Complete
  • Not Complete4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete6. Decision Dispatched

Still awaiting for further updates.
Hi there,

Yes, we all received responses from CES, please review our posts for a full overview on our timelines :).
They will revert with updates in around 11 weeks from the date when your transcripts were received (standard response time if no issues is 12 weeks). So if your transcripts were received on April 8th, you should expect for a reply by end of June (week of 24th I would say).
Good luck!

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Hey Youngman,

just saw your post - not sure about your English test results, but maybe you should try to improve your results? I know that this can help you significantly.. CELPIP is pretty easy I would say (I heard that IELTS it's a bit more difficult).

Also, the cut-offs should decrease during the summer, so I hope that they will go back under 447, finger crossed!
if I can help with details about CELPIP, let me know ;)
...and keep us posted! :)

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019

This is my time line:

Hey Juli,

Don't worry, you will get a reply from CES, but you have to wait patiently around 11 weeks (standard response time is 12, but they might reply prior if no issues). So finger crossed for you, you should have their feedback by the second week of June :)

juli.m

May 14, 2019
Belgium
Hey Juli,

Don't worry, you will get a reply from CES, but you have to wait patiently around 11 weeks (standard response time is 12, but they might reply prior if no issues). So finger crossed for you, you should have their feedback by the second week of June :)
Thank you Mada! Let's hope you are right!

singh-avi

Jan 21, 2019

This is my time line:

I am in the same situation right now. By reading all the comments I am hoping for the best.

• Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - April 26
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - May 14 (Transcripts reached there on 29 April, they updated me on 14 May)

youngman

Mar 4, 2019
Hey Youngman,

just saw your post - not sure about your English test results, but maybe you should try to improve your results? I know that this can help you significantly.. CELPIP is pretty easy I would say (I heard that IELTS it's a bit more difficult).

Also, the cut-offs should decrease during the summer, so I hope that they will go back under 447, finger crossed!
if I can help with details about CELPIP, let me know ;)
...and keep us posted! :)
Hey Mada. I have maxed out on Speaking but can still obtain points on other modules (already on clb 9 on the rest). Retaking ielts is an option but I'm considering on waiting for the next two draws, the score might just drop to 447. I'm in Pakistan and CELPIP isn't available here, I'm going Dubai next month so might as well attempt it. Thank you for offering up the help, I'd definitely like to hear how CELPIP works, IELTS scoring is tough with writing.

youngman

Mar 4, 2019
Thank you!
To answer your question the ECA number of the report is indeed in the document shared by email.
Regarding your score, there were draws few weeks ago where the cut-off was 443 or 438, so it is not impossible that the cut-off comes back to that level. Is there any change to increase your score (new language test? a job offer?)
That is good to know. 438 appeared in January due to back to back draws in December as CIC was short on their target, which actually messed up my chances (and several other candidates'). Since then the score is above 450 and would most likely stay there, I'm seriously considering retaking the language test but on CLB 9 in 3 modules and CLB 10 in one. It's going to be challenging :)

Feb 21, 2019
Hello Folks,
Need your advice! Kindly suggest from your experience.
Did you guys send only your highest degree for ECA? I am planning to send only my MBA degree to CES in order to get Masters evaluation.

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Hello Folks,
Did you guys send only your highest degree for ECA? I am planning to send only my MBA degree to CES in order to get Masters evaluation.
That's depending on your CRS points.. if you are sure that evaluating only your highest degree will help you to achieve the required CRS points, then go ahead :) In my personal case even if I knew that I'm ~500 points, I wanted to be on a safe side, hence I evaluated both, Bachelor and Masters.

Good luck!

youngman

Mar 4, 2019
Hello Folks,
To be on the safe side, I also sent both Bachelors and Masters (In case they evaluate Masters as Bachelors, you won't be able to claim 2 or more degrees if you only opted for Masters)

juli.m

May 14, 2019
Belgium
Hello Folks,
I only sent my highest degree as you only get points for your highest one (not all of them).

If you have two bachelors, then you can claim points for both of them.

Here's the info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1068&top=29

Good luck!