+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

hellogarg

May 28, 2019
Hello @mayjuly

I just want to check whether CES is accepting the transcripts forwarded by us because Indian universities is not sending the sealed envelop ditectly to CES..either me or my family member need to courier it to CES.

WES has changed the rule on december 2018 and now they are only accepting the courier actually sent directly by Universities.Will it be true for CES as well or still they are accepting the transcripts send by the individual (or by mailtranscripts agencies)?

Please help me.I am bit stressed here.

Regards

juli.m

May 14, 2019
Belgium
Hello @mayjuly

I just want to check whether CES is accepting the transcripts forwarded by us because Indian universities is not sending the sealed envelop ditectly to CES..either me or my family member need to courier it to CES.

WES has changed the rule on december 2018 and now they are only accepting the courier actually sent directly by Universities.Will it be true for CES as well or still they are accepting the transcripts send by the individual (or by mailtranscripts agencies)?

Please help me.I am bit stressed here.

Regards
Hi!
My university (from Chile) wouldn't send the sealed envelope either. What I did was to make sure the envelope fulfilled all of CES requests and then send it myself. I did put it in other envelope (so that the original one wouldn't suffer any problems. I also payed extra for it to arrive faster. They received it and the process its on its way.

I hope my experience helps you.

Regards

nwo4lyf

May 29, 2019
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2022
LANDED..........
17-01-2023
Just wanted to say that this thread has been really useful in easing my anxiety with CES' application process. I had doubts similar to what a lot of you have expressed on here. Today, finally, I got the notification about the application being "accepted".
My timeline:
  • Initial Review In Progress - 13 March, 2019
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - 13 March, 2019
  • Complete 3. Initial Review Complete - 29 May, 2019
  • Not Complete 4. Assessment In Progress
  • Not Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made
  • Not Complete 6. Decision Dispatched
Application was submitted on 10 March, 2019. Sent transcripts electronically -- my ECA is for a Master's degree from an American university (I'm Indian).

I hope to receive the completed assessment in ~10 days.

juli.m

May 14, 2019
Belgium
Just wanted to say that this thread has been really useful in easing my anxiety with CES' application process. I had doubts similar to what a lot of you have expressed on here. Today, finally, I got the notification about the application being "accepted".
My timeline:
  • Initial Review In Progress - 13 March, 2019
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - 13 March, 2019
  • Complete 3. Initial Review Complete - 29 May, 2019
Application was submitted on 10 March, 2019. Sent transcripts electronically -- my ECA is for a Master's degree from an American university (I'm Indian).

I hope to receive the completed assessment in ~10 days.
That's great news! I hope you get it as soon as possible!

juli.m

May 14, 2019
Belgium
Dear all,

Just to let you know that today I finally received an update. “Initial review” was marked as completed today. I also received an e-mail from School of Continuing Studies telling me that “Your application is accepted as of 2019-03-14 and is currently in queue for assessment. The estimated processing time is based upon this acceptance date.”

This is my time line:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - March 11th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - March 22nd
  • Complete 3. Initial Review Complete - June 4th

juli.m

May 14, 2019
Belgium
Was not expecting this to happen today.

I just received the email with the report. Good news!

This is my time line:
  • Complete 4. Assessment In Progress - June 5th
  • Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made - June 5th

singh-avi

Jan 21, 2019

This is my time line:

Congratulations Juli.m. So Did you get the expected result for Masters degree?

youngman

Mar 4, 2019
Hello all,

I just received an update the other day. Problem is that I sent them an email to which they replied that they never received my Bachelor credentials; I had however sent them both Bachelor and Master in one envelope (told them the same). The moment I sent that email, my initial review was marked completed but I'm still waiting for their confirmation on my bachelor receipt. I hope they don't delay it any further.
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - March 12th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - March 15th
  • Complete 3. Initial Review Complete - June 6th

usaid75

Apr 4, 2016

This is my time line:
hi juli.m,

did you receive the electronic copy of the report on the same day when the status changed to assessment decision made?

usaid75

Apr 4, 2016
Finally some good news! The status changed to "Decision made" last Friday afternoon and I received the temporary assessment by email today. They validated my Master which was really great news.
I completed my Express Entry profile this afternoon, and with a CRS=491, I expect to receive an ITA at the next draw (this Wednesday hopefully). I am excited and really happy that this ECA part is over!

I think the assessment process is carefully done by CES and fair, but it takes really long. I would recommend them only if time does not matter with your application.
Here is the final breakdown of the dates for the CES report:
  • Complete 1. Initial Review In Progress - JAN 20th
  • Complete 2. Transcript(s) Received - FEB 7th
  • Complete 3. Initial Review Complete - APRIL 22nd
  • Complete 4. Assessment In Progress - APRIL 23rd
  • Complete 5. Assessment Decision Made - May 10th
  • Complete 6. Decision Dispatched - May 14th
Good luck to everyone waiting. Just be patient and don't start worrying before 12 weeks after your transcripts are received :)
hi Bloum,

when did you receive the electronic report in the email when the status changed to assessment decision made on May 10?? on the same day or after 1,2 days??

raj_tan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi guys,
Asking on behalf of a friend.He has already got his bachelor's evaluated by Wes last year and has now completed an one year PG diploma from Annamalai University.. since Wes requires University to directly send the transcripts and then does a secondary verification, which is painfully slow with Annamalai.. hence he is planning to go ahead with CES for his PG diploma..
So the question is can he just send only the PG diploma credentials to CES or he has to send both?
Secondly, can eca from two different organization be used to claim points for two or more degrees?
Your valuable suggestions would be very helpful..

juli.m

May 14, 2019
Belgium
hi juli.m,

did you receive the electronic copy of the report on the same day when the status changed to assessment decision made?
Hello usaid,
Yes, I received the electronic copy on the same day. They attach a PDF with the scan copy of the ECA they will deliver to you. You can find the reference number that you need to complete the EE profile there.

usaid75

Apr 4, 2016
Hello usaid,
Yes, I received the electronic copy on the same day. They attach a PDF with the scan copy of the ECA they will deliver to you. You can find the reference number that you need to complete the EE profile there.
hi juli.m

Thanks for the information. My status no 5 "assessment decision made" changed to complete on Friday, but I did not receive the email with the soft copy.

juli.m

May 14, 2019
Belgium
hi juli.m

Thanks for the information. My status no 5 "assessment decision made" changed to complete on Friday, but I did not receive the email with the soft copy.
Oh, that's weird. I think that everyone who has been posting here received the email the same day we got "assessment decision made" checekd from the list.
Try checking if your contact details are correct. If so, check the spam folders.
In any case, I would try to contact them as soon as possible.

Hope you receive it as soon as possible! (Maybe they "forgot" to send before leaving on Friday...?)