+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving License Extract - Problems with Indian RTO

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
i am out of india at the moment and I have applied for the DL extract online and paid the fees too and it says it is being processed at the RTO level. Would this be processed or is it mandatory for me or someone to go to the respective RTO to have it approved and issued? mine is a non chip DL but it has all the details in the sarathi website.
You need to go there physically

At least based on this link

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dl-extract-to-on-g-license-complete-experience.643599/page-2

GEN123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
thank you so much for the reply and i am sorry for not adding a follow up post. you can apply online, sign the forms, pay the fee and send a scanned copy of the forms with a letter of authorization to someone you know in India who can go on your behalf. RTO accepts the request if there is a letter of authorization and they will issue it within 5 minutes and then you can even download a copy of the extract online once the RTO approves the request. its very easy and simple.

Jun 13, 2019
thank you so much for the reply and i am sorry for not adding a follow up post. you can apply online, sign the forms, pay the fee and send a scanned copy of the forms with a letter of authorization to someone you know in India who can go on your behalf. RTO accepts the request if there is a letter of authorization and they will issue it within 5 minutes and then you can even download a copy of the extract online once the RTO approves the request. its very easy and simple.
Hi, Do you know which Drivetest Center accepts the Online extract in Ontario. I tried Ottawa Drivetest and they did not accept the online DL extract and requested for a manually signed one. But I have seen people discussing about few Drivetest centers accepting Online DL extract.

So could you please tell me if you have taken the road test with online DL and if so where did you take it?

I stay in Mississauga. Thank you!

GEN123

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
@Sivarajan Kaliappan i applied in the mississauga drivetest center and they were super cooperative and accepted my DL extract but however along with the online extract mine was also manually signed by the RTO. RTO office first told it was not required but my person insisted and got a sign and stamp of the RTO office. I applied online and gave an authorization letter for someone to go and process the request and collect it. After collection it was couriered to me. For mississauga drive test center go early in the morning at 7 am the moment they open cos it will be literally empty and you work will be done in less than 10 minutes.

ragad3

Mar 19, 2020
My RTO (Chennai) adamantly refused to sign or stamp on the DL Extract saying that they are not supposed to do so. Without that, my DriveTest center in Kingston is also adamantly refusing to accept it. I’m stuck and don’t know what to do. @GEN123 can you please send me a copy of your DL extract showing your RTO’s seal and signature (redacted or blacking out your personal information) so that I can use it as a precedent to argue further with my RTO? It would be a great help!

Jun 13, 2019
My RTO (Chennai) adamantly refused to sign or stamp on the DL Extract saying that they are not supposed to do so. Without that, my DriveTest center in Kingston is also adamantly refusing to accept it. I’m stuck and don’t know what to do. @GEN123 can you please send me a copy of your DL extract showing your RTO’s seal and signature (redacted or blacking out your personal information) so that I can use it as a precedent to argue further with my RTO? It would be a great help!
I got my experience added in Etobicoke with just Online Extract WITHOUT MANUAL SIGNATURE. I know Etobicoke is a little far for you from Kingston, but if you are desperate to add your driving experience, it will be worth a try.

Jun 13, 2019
@Sivarajan Kaliappan i applied in the mississauga drivetest center and they were super cooperative and accepted my DL extract but however along with the online extract mine was also manually signed by the RTO. RTO office first told it was not required but my person insisted and got a sign and stamp of the RTO office. I applied online and gave an authorization letter for someone to go and process the request and collect it. After collection it was couriered to me. For mississauga drive test center go early in the morning at 7 am the moment they open cos it will be literally empty and you work will be done in less than 10 minutes.
Thank you. Finally, I got mine done in Etobicoke without a manual signature.

pavipavi

Nov 2, 2017
chd
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
Guys, I have a driving license, which is without chip. I got my DL extract (print out stamped by authority) with my driving license details from Delhi RTO. The DL extract does not have my photo.

I am landing in Toronto. Do you think any of the below can cause a problem for me-

1. A driving license without chip
2. DL Extract without my photo
Me too same boat ..Did u git any success for endorsement

Rock999

Sep 14, 2019
I got my experience added in Etobicoke with just Online Extract WITHOUT MANUAL SIGNATURE. I know Etobicoke is a little far for you from Kingston, but if you are desperate to add your driving experience, it will be worth a try.
Hi Sivarajan, How and where can we download online Extract ? please advise. Thanks

Last edited:

pavipavi

Nov 2, 2017
chd
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
Me too same boat ..Did u git any success for endorsement
I can be acceptable only depends on uor luck...for me it works @ longside drive test

Apr 13, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a international driving permit but no DL-extract, does it help me in credits??
No it does not, u can drive using the international permit for a period of 6 months but post that when you apply for a license you need to have a DL extract to skip g1 level.