+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving License Extract - Problems with Indian RTO

SIDDHARTH769

Sep 23, 2019
You can apply on Saarthi website online for DL extract print. Then you can print the acknowledgement generated online, sign, scan and send it to someone in India. Also send an authority letter to let the person collect DL extract on your behalf. RTO generally accepts such request and issues the DL extract. Make sure it's signed and stamped in ink by RTO office.
By submitting this DL extract in original to DriveTest will enable you to appear for G2/G road test directly after passing G1 knowledge test. Note - you'll only have one attempt to appear for G road test if you choose to book it right after getting your G1. If you pass, you get full G license. If you fail that attempt, you'll have to appear for G2 road test which will give you G2 license. Most popular choice is to appear for G2 road test after G1 knowledge test because it's easier to pass.
You also have the option of accepting one year of experience credit based on your chip-based Indian license. It enables you to appear for G2 road test right
Thank you for your swift response.
Really Appreciate it!! :)

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hello guys,
So I have landed in Ontario, Canada 2 months back; I did not get my DL Extract with me but I have a valid chip-based Indian license from Mumbai RTO from 10 years. can I ask my family to apply from India while I am here? is it accepted? if so what documents are needed? also, if I clear g1 written test how soon can I give g2 test?
You can give your g1 right now and apply for g2 right away with your license and self declared experience of one year.

You need extract only if you want to give g right away.

Verin

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Doed DL extracts have photo? I have recently got mine from Delhi RTO but that doesn't have my photo.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Doed DL extracts have photo? I have recently got mine from Delhi RTO but that doesn't have my photo.
No they don't have one. But please take care to ensure it has wet signature, license issue and expiry date, issue date for extract, your name and name of issuing authority

@luckydodo

Oct 9, 2019
Ontario MTO will only accept DL-Extract. So dont even waste your time looking for any other document to supplement it.
Without the DL-Extract you can go straight upto G2. At G2 level, there's hardly any meaningful restriction compared to G. I have seen people owning/driving cars with G2 for many years without any issues.
Hi
I just got the extract of my license from RTO. Can you tell me that what process do I have to follow when I go to Canada and apply for the license. And what all documents do they ask us to submit except than this letter

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi
I just got the extract of my license from RTO. Can you tell me that what process do I have to follow when I go to Canada and apply for the license. And what all documents do they ask us to submit except than this letter
Start with drivetest website for general info. If you have something specific, do ask

@luckydodo

Oct 9, 2019
Start with drivetest website for general info. If you have something specific, do ask
I’m asking about other documents because my surname is different in licence and passport. If they see my passport than I should change my surname in the license .

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
I’m asking about other documents because my surname is different in licence and passport. If they see my passport than I should change my surname in the license .
There is no standard documentation for that unfortunately. Folks have reported mixed success. If it is a simple expansion of an initial or typo, chances are higher. You can get an official name change document done and hope it convinced officer at drivetest

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
There is no standard documentation for that unfortunately. Folks have reported mixed success. If it is a simple expansion of an initial or typo, chances are higher. You can get an official name change document done and hope it convinced officer at drivetest
Sorry for being vague but really there are no published guidelines on these to go by, just random incidents as reported on these forums.

Pkotakon

Nov 9, 2019
Guys, I have a driving license, which is without chip. I got my DL extract (print out stamped by authority) with my driving license details from Delhi RTO. The DL extract does not have my photo.

I am landing in Toronto. Do you think any of the below can cause a problem for me-

1. A driving license without chip
2. DL Extract without my photo
Hey, what did you do?? I am currently with this scenario

Pkotakon

Nov 9, 2019
So today I went to give my Knowledge Test to apply for G1 and the officer over there rejected my Indian Driving License (Hyderabad). I had my original Indian license, license extract and my International Driving License with me. What steps do I have to do now to skip the G2 and obtain G. Please help!!! My DL is a non chip based model

P.S. - I have cleared the G1 and I was charged $156.
Location of the Drive test - Lawrence Ave. East

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
So today I went to give my Knowledge Test to apply for G1 and the officer over there rejected my Indian Driving License (Hyderabad). I had my original Indian license, license extract and my International Driving License with me. What steps do I have to do now to skip the G2 and obtain G. Please help!!! My DL is a non chip based model

P.S. - I have cleared the G1 and I was charged $156.
Location of the Drive test - Lawrence Ave. East
On what basis did they reject your extract

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
The officer didn't tell anything, he just told this is not acceptable.
It is unfortunate to hear of such incidents but without knowing exactly what was wrong I am not sure how you are going to address the issue.

Without an extract you cannot get to g without a wait, you can instead go for g2
Did you anticipate any issues with your extract yourself?