+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving License Extract - Problems with Indian RTO

Oct 9, 2020
Guys, I have a driving license, which is without chip. I got my DL extract (print out stamped by authority) with my driving license details from Delhi RTO. The DL extract does not have my photo.

I am landing in Toronto. Do you think any of the below can cause a problem for me-

1. A driving license without chip
2. DL Extract without my photo
So brother, have you facing any problem ? Or your job done.

Gur91

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Hello
I have DL extract from india but i lost my original license. And brampton drive center is not accepting the extract. Is there any way??

Hardy123

Jan 28, 2020
Hi! I am new to Canada and curious to know that adding Indian driving experience to G license will help in any way to reduce car insurance or its just to get G license earlier...?

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Thank you. Finally, I got mine done in Etobicoke without a manual signature.
Please share the address and contact details of the DriveTest center in Etobicoke. Does it matter if I don't live in Etobicoke? My extract is dated 31/12/2019. It looks like a printout from the Sarathi website but my brother got it from a guy in India. It has an original blue stamp on it which is half cut off. There is a signature but its not original. Also my original license is not a chip license. Do you think that matters? What should I go and say to the center in Etobicoke? Should I also take my road test there or I can do this later?

I spoke with DriveTest on the phone and they said if extract expire after March 2020 , then the old one can be accepted. I'm hoping there is some relief due to Covid.

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Happy to report that I too got my G1 from Etobicoke and printout of DL extract was accepted without any questions. Got 14 years of Indian DL experience transferred over with an old non chip license. I also carried and showed my expired US license. Not sure if that helped build any trust. Thanks Sivarajan Kaliappan for sharing your experience with Etobicoke DriveTest center. It helped a lot.

Next step is to book and prep for my G road test. Going to follow this very useful post by @subodhp - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dl-extract-to-on-g-license-complete-experience.643599/

gursewak singh

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
SANGRUR,PUNJAB,INDIA
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-11-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
25-09-2013
i am having signed and stamped DL extract but don't have original DL as it got damaged and i didn't bring it with me to Canada as it was a chip based DL but damaged and with missing chip.
will they accept DL extract without DL or will they accept damaged DL without chip. i can get my damaged DL couriered if neeeded.
RTO doesn't issue new one as they need me to be physically present there and i gave G1 in Kitchener and they didn't accepted DL extract as they asked for original DL too?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
i am having signed and stamped DL extract but don't have original DL as it got damaged and i didn't bring it with me to Canada as it was a chip based DL but damaged and with missing chip.
will they accept DL extract without DL or will they accept damaged DL without chip. i can get my damaged DL couriered if neeeded.
RTO doesn't issue new one as they need me to be physically present there and i gave G1 in Kitchener and they didn't accepted DL extract as they asked for original DL too?
Dl extract is not a substitute for dl. Without original dl, you will have zero chance of getting your driving experience transferred.

I don't know what the chances are going to be with a damaged dl either. Depends on how damaged it is and discretion of drivetest officer

yvv

Feb 6, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2019
Nomination.....
August 2019
AOR Received.
02 10 2019
Med's Done....
22 10 2019
Hey Guys a quick question.
I am still in India but have gotten PPR. I have a chip based license issued in 2014. Now my address has changed since then and my passport and DL show different address. I read that we will need DL Extract for Canada to skip G2.

Will this difference in address have any impact?
If I change the address, will the date of issue change on my new DL which would mean that it would say 2020which would be too little time to skip over G2?

Any help is much appreciated...

red_rom

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Hey Guys a quick question.
I am still in India but have gotten PPR. I have a chip based license issued in 2014. Now my address has changed since then and my passport and DL show different address. I read that we will need DL Extract for Canada to skip G2.

Will this difference in address have any impact?
If I change the address, will the date of issue change on my new DL which would mean that it would say 2020which would be too little time to skip over G2?

Any help is much appreciated...
Don't bother about the address change, I had moved from Hyderabad to Bangalore and asked one of the agents in the Hyderabad RTO to get my DL extract and mail me (hard copy).

Besides, keep in mind two things, one is to have the chip based License and the other is get the hard copy of your extract, the MTO here doesn't accept soft copies of extracts.

From my experience I got my G2 in a month using my extract and the full G in 2 months. I could have gone for a direct G post my G1, but it was a good choice to drive in G2 for a while and get some experience.

Hope it helps.

yvv

Feb 6, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2019
Nomination.....
August 2019
AOR Received.
02 10 2019
Med's Done....
22 10 2019
Don't bother about the address change, I had moved from Hyderabad to Bangalore and asked one of the agents in the Hyderabad RTO to get my DL extract and mail me (hard copy).

Besides, keep in mind two things, one is to have the chip based License and the other is get the hard copy of your extract, the MTO here doesn't accept soft copies of extracts.

From my experience I got my G2 in a month using my extract and the full G in 2 months. I could have gone for a direct G post my G1, but it was a good choice to drive in G2 for a while and get some experience.

Hope it helps.
I see. Thanks very much for your reply. Does it matter when i get my extract? For example, i may not be flying anytime soon because of travel ban, so can i get the extract now while I'm waiting or does it have to be within a month or two old before i land in Canada?

red_rom

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
I see. Thanks very much for your reply. Does it matter when i get my extract? For example, i may not be flying anytime soon because of travel ban, so can i get the extract now while I'm waiting or does it have to be within a month or two old before i land in Canada?
I would suggest if you get it 1-2 months before travel, that should do. Besides, there is a date of issue that comes up on your extract, so anything older than 6 months may give a chance for the MTO to not consider. Make sure your drivers license details matches the one on the extract.

Reactions: yvv

deeprrp

Jan 28, 2020
Happy to report that I too got my G1 from Etobicoke and printout of DL extract was accepted without any questions. Got 14 years of Indian DL experience transferred over with an old non chip license. I also carried and showed my expired US license. Not sure if that helped build any trust. Thanks Sivarajan Kaliappan for sharing your experience with Etobicoke DriveTest center. It helped a lot.

Next step is to book and prep for my G road test. Going to follow this very useful post by @subodhp - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dl-extract-to-on-g-license-complete-experience.643599/
I was denied to get my 2 months old DL Extract accepted at st. catharines despite having stamp and sign. Should I try with some other drivetest center?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
I was denied to get my 2 months old DL Extract accepted at st. catharines despite having stamp and sign. Should I try with some other drivetest center?
What did they say?
Yes, if your extract is valid and within 6 months, try at other centers. Mileage may vary.

deeprrp

Jan 28, 2020
What did they say?
Yes, if your extract is valid and within 6 months, try at other centers. Mileage may vary.
They told me that your extract doesn't meet MTO standards and is not accepted by MTO. You can get 1 year on DL and give G2. What is mileage?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
They told me that your extract doesn't meet MTO standards and is not accepted by MTO. You can get 1 year on DL and give G2. What is mileage?
Mileage may vary is an idiom which means the presented advice may not always yield same results. The whole extract situation is very fragmented and as a result folks have reported mixed results with trying to get their extracts accepted at various places. Trying another drivetest would not hurt. Else you could settle for getting a g2 license by send declaring an year of experience