+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving License Extract (from India) Query?

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Choose Apply Online (On left hand side)------> Services on Driving Licence-------> Continue..... then fill in your Licence details and select your RTO in the "Submit request to" section...
Hi @vivsters .. your posts are really helpful.. Can u clarify if Dlextract and DL Experience certificate (as some talk about) is same thing? Thanks.

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
I have realised you do not need a DL Extract if you want just 12 months of Experience. If you can get an extract of more than 2 years, then you can directly go for your G (after G1). Insurance is the only real difference, but that depends on a lot of factors. Don't fret if your DL is in English and not expired.
Hi @Prats6 .. It would be gret if u can expalin a bit more about that insurance difference between G and G1. Thanks.

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hi All,

I have couple of doubts/question regarding DL extract from India.

1. I have my license from Mumbai (currently staying in Pune). I came to know about parivahan.gov.in where we can apply for the DL extract online. Anybody with Mumbai RTO done this? In that case any idea how many days it takes and how to collect it, i.e. if I apply it now and can collect it later after 15-20 days or so?
    By any chance can I apply to Pune RTO i.e. collect from Pune RTO?

2. My Wife's license is from Vadodara. So her address on DL is of her vadodara place, whereas the Passport is updated with new name (post-marriage surname change) and my Mumbai address. So,
    • Is it compulsory to have new name and address (matching passport) for the DL extract?
    • If yes, is the procedure like apply for name change at Vadodara RTO with NOC to transfer the address change to Mumbai. Later apply for DL extract from Mumbai RTO? (or what should be the process)
Anyone experience similar situation (and/or location) please assist me. Thanks.
did u get through this?

Aug 3, 2018
Bro thanks for yr prompt reply... i tried it but when u request for the extract .. it asked me ALL STATE , when i clicked that it never showed me any state except ODISA... so i m stuck again... now i dont know how do i request it. Business Thanks Bro.
How did you resolve this, i am getting the same issue where as my DL is from maharashtra

Kapish222

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
How did you resolve this, i am getting the same issue where as my DL is from maharashtra
Lol i am in Canada and even got my licence haha, ok bro the issue is that u r in the wrong page, the option is on a different page . If u still don’t find it give me ur contact num. i will whatsapp u

Wanny

Mar 27, 2017
Hi. Does anyone know what happens in case of a maiden name on license. I am Canada now and want to get a DL extract through the online method. Do I need to get the name changed first or can I get it issued in maiden name and the authorities here would consider it? Please help!

Wanny

Mar 27, 2017
Lol i am in Canada and even got my licence haha, ok bro the issue is that u r in the wrong page, the option is on a different page . If u still don’t find it give me ur contact num. i will whatsapp u
Hi. How did you get an extract from Canada? I am also in Canada and have my maiden name on extract. Any idea how to go about this? Thanks

Kapish222

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hi. Does anyone know what happens in case of a maiden name on license. I am Canada now and want to get a DL extract through the online method. Do I need to get the name changed first or can I get it issued in maiden name and the authorities here would consider it? Please help!
Bro call me on 647-404-4555 , i can help u out

maddymaddy

Feb 23, 2017
Hi folks,

1 quick question regarding the DL extract. I was under the impression that we can get the copy downloaded from the parivahan website. I submitted the application and made the payment also. Does someone need to go physically to a RTO and get the extract?
I do not have anyone to go there and get it in India. Can someone please suggest?

Wanny

Mar 27, 2017
Hello.

I am facing the same problem that post marriage my wife’s name on passport has been changed , whereas on her license it is her maiden name.

On DL extract form we have her old name. How to deal with this situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi. How did you deal with this? I am in a similar situation. please help

rdsouza

Oct 14, 2016
Hi,

I am currently based in Toronto (Canada) and was planning on applying for a Canada Licence. I have heard that if you get a DL from India then you can directly apply for G instead of G2. I was using the link https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice9/sarathiHomePublic.do and went to Apply Online - > Services of Driving Licence. Filled in my details and then when I proceeded it asked me to add Adhar Card number and other details on confirming it. It just took me back to the starting page.

Can someone guide me how can I get a DL extract. Also how long will it take to get it. I can ask my parents to collect it from the RTO and then courier it to me if needed, but unsure how to even order it or apply for it.

Can someone please help me.

Thanks in advance.

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Hi,

I am currently based in Toronto (Canada) and was planning on applying for a Canada Licence. I have heard that if you get a DL from India then you can directly apply for G instead of G2. I was using the link https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice9/sarathiHomePublic.do and went to Apply Online - > Services of Driving Licence. Filled in my details and then when I proceeded it asked me to add Adhar Card number and other details on confirming it. It just took me back to the starting page.

Can someone guide me how can I get a DL extract. Also how long will it take to get it. I can ask my parents to collect it from the RTO and then courier it to me if needed, but unsure how to even order it or apply for it.

Can someone please help me.

Thanks in advance.
If website doesn't work then apply locally at the RTO and get it courier it here. Cant comment on how long it takes for local RTO to provide it..was half a day work at my RTO(pune).

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Hi folks,

1 quick question regarding the DL extract. I was under the impression that we can get the copy downloaded from the parivahan website. I submitted the application and made the payment also. Does someone need to go physically to a RTO and get the extract?
I do not have anyone to go there and get it in India. Can someone please suggest?
They send it to your DL license address.

heynow

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Hi. How did you get an extract from Canada? I am also in Canada and have my maiden name on extract. Any idea how to go about this? Thanks
Get hold of someone locally who can
1) change your name and get a duplicate DL and then
2) apply for extract
3) courier both to you here

I had the almost the same case.