+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving License Extract (from India) Query?

vivsters

Nov 28, 2017
Yes true My name on Line 1 and Son of on Line 2. Is it ok to use this bro in Toronto ? The only difference is Middle name

Passport is - Kapish Vinodkumar Goyal
DL is - Kapish Goyal - 1st Line
Vinod Goyal - 2nd Line (Son of)

Thanks
I had a similar case, they accepted the DL Extract & added full experience.....

Kapish222

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
I had a similar case, they accepted the DL Extract & added full experience.....
Hi,

Also one more question I will go to the RTO Friday to collect it as i applied it on Tuesday. Is it ok ? Also how long is this DL extract valid in Canada ? I mean once i land in Canada how fast should i apply for DL ?

vivsters

Nov 28, 2017
Hi,

Also one more question I will go to the RTO Friday to collect it as i applied it on Tuesday. Is it ok ? Also how long is this DL extract valid in Canada ? I mean once i land in Canada how fast should i apply for DL ?
It should be okay to go on Friday, don't know how fast your RTO provides. My RTO did give in 3 days to my authorized person..... There is no validity per say, When u come to Canada, you can apply immediately. Keep in mind that you would need to provide address though where you will have the licence delivered.

Kapish222

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
It should be okay to go on Friday, don't know how fast your RTO provides. My RTO did give in 3 days to my authorized person..... There is no validity per say, When u come to Canada, you can apply immediately. Keep in mind that you would need to provide address though where you will have the licence delivered.
Hi Bro,

Just collected my DL extract from RTO today. I will carry it along with me when i land in CAD with my Original DL, Any other document required ?

Also please tell me what will be the benefit that i will get if i have DL extract in CAD. Some one told me you will be able to skip 1 exam for CAD license.

vivsters

Nov 28, 2017
Hi Bro,

Just collected my DL extract from RTO today. I will carry it along with me when i land in CAD with my Original DL, Any other document required ?

Also please tell me what will be the benefit that i will get if i have DL extract in CAD. Some one told me you will be able to skip 1 exam for CAD license.
Other documents as in you need your, PR Card/ COPR, passport... you will have to give the G1 written exam (no escape there). you will get an experience added depending upon the years you have the Indian permanent licence, so you can go for G directly and skip G2.... however you only have one attempt (not completely sure though) for the G using this route.... else you can get G2 (the only difference with G is alcohol limit... and insurance :) ) with every attempt you give for G it is $90 so it helps to practice properly before u give the G test.

Kapish222

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Other documents as in you need your, PR Card/ COPR, passport... you will have to give the G1 written exam (no escape there). you will get an experience added depending upon the years you have the Indian permanent licence, so you can go for G directly and skip G2.... however you only have one attempt (not completely sure though) for the G using this route.... else you can get G2 (the only difference with G is alcohol limit... and insurance :) ) with every attempt you give for G it is $90 so it helps to practice properly before u give the G test.
Great thanks alot bro, appreciate ur help.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
So, with Indian DL, you get mahout 1 yr points. You have to appear for driving test in 1 year.

vivsters

Nov 28, 2017
So, with Indian DL, you get mahout 1 yr points. You have to appear for driving test in 1 year.
I dont get your question completely,
however with your Indian DL and DL extract, you typically get the full experience. You dont have to wait at all for the G road test. But you get 1 attempt(not completely sure) or else you have to go for G2.

May 14, 2017
Hi Bro,

Hi.... can u send me the link pls where u got the form to apply DL Extract? I cant find it anywhere.

May 14, 2017
Bro thanks for yr prompt reply... i tried it but when u request for the extract .. it asked me ALL STATE , when i clicked that it never showed me any state except ODISA... so i m stuck again... now i dont know how do i request it. Business Thanks Bro.

vivsters

Nov 28, 2017
Bro thanks for yr prompt reply... i tried it but when u request for the extract .. it asked me ALL STATE , when i clicked that it never showed me any state except ODISA... so i m stuck again... now i dont know how do i request it. Business Thanks Bro.
Choose Apply Online (On left hand side)------> Services on Driving Licence-------> Continue..... then fill in your Licence details and select your RTO in the "Submit request to" section...

May 14, 2017
Thanks bro i m getting a hold of it, my application is showing pending, now i dont know when will they accept the payment... as i try paying them but the fees is showing ZERO.

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
I have realised you do not need a DL Extract if you want just 12 months of Experience. If you can get an extract of more than 2 years, then you can directly go for your G (after G1). Insurance is the only real difference, but that depends on a lot of factors. Don't fret if your DL is in English and not expired.

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
I would be moving to Canada by 15th of Nov, '18. Do I need to get a DL extract now from India? I will not be driving in Canada for the next one year; will the extract taken now, remain valid after 12 months?