19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
hero87 said:
I don't know which school you went to, but based on your words I don't think it taught you how to behave.
haha

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
SecularFirst said:
I do believe that there should be a separate category for international students, and Canadian education and work experience should be given more points, but let's face it, visa is a privilege, not a right. They can issue visa to anyone they like, they can make any rules they like, they have the freedom to take any number of refugees they like. We should feel lucky that they even gave us an opportunity to file PR.
There is!!! Have you considered trying to get nominated by a Province? At the time of me writing this, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick, Manitoba and Ontario have OPENED pnp streams accepting applications, explore your options! I don't believe Canada owes us anything. Infact, it's one of the most welcoming countries by far in terms of economy immigration.

sensay

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
There's no point on fighting about if international students should be favored or not. To certain extent it is true that Canadian Employers wishes that the applicant has some canadian education or experience. But then if you are really talented/skilled then you can manage a job by applying from another country (just think about people who got ITA at 750 points). Canada is cold and white but that's why so less people here and hence thousands of people want to immigrate here plus its gateway to US and medical benefits(i have no idea about other reasons to immigrate here.)

So if you are well settled at your place and still want to gamble then come here and enjoy or else its better to drop the idea. I dont think the employers over here gives much importance if you are educated from a top ranking college...if you want that advantage then try to grab a job here sitting at the cafeteria of that college. Dont come here personally and get disheartened (Unless you are extremely lucky).Bunch of educated immigrants here struggle to find a job and then do survival jobs. Eventually they go to Canadian Colleges to get some canadian education.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
sensay said:
There's no point on fighting about if international students should be favored or not. To certain extent it is true that Canadian Employers wishes that the applicant has some canadian education or experience. But then if you are really talented/skilled then you can manage a job by applying from another country (just think about people who got ITA at 750 points). Canada is cold and white but that's why so less people here and hence thousands of people want to immigrate here plus its gateway to US and medical benefits(i have no idea about other reasons to immigrate here.)

So if you are well settled at your place and still want to gamble then come here and enjoy or else its better to drop the idea. I dont think the employers over here gives much importance if you are educated from a top ranking college...if you want that advantage then try to grab a job here sitting at the cafeteria of that college. Dont come here personally and get disheartened (Unless you are extremely lucky).Bunch of educated immigrants here struggle to find a job and then do survival jobs. Eventually they go to Canadian Colleges to get some canadian education.
What about those who got a job without Canadian education and those who can't find a job with Canadian diploma?

Following your logic, software engineers should get a separate stream or additional points, since they're able to get a job in Canada in very short time with education from any country of the world.

twisted_jack

Oct 11, 2015
JJ777 said:
Also to say that the people who studied in Canada and gained work experience there are more valuable then anyone outside the country is wrong. The top 10 universities are either in England or America, with English being their first language and work experience in those countries highly sort after. You must realise that these candidates who have scored highly are more likely to have a positive effect on Canada than those scoring lower points with a canadian education and work experience.
Not quite. See the reason International students are having so much difficulty with the Express Entry system is related to having an "approved job offer", and you should know that having the approved job offer gives you an additional 600 points.

When an international student graduates he/she gets a PGWP (LMIA exempt work permit). The PGWP falls under the International Mobility Program (IMP). ESDC states that:IMP aims to provide competitive advantages to Canada and reciprocal benefits to Canadians. So there is no denying that international students have a positive impact on the Canadian economy.

Basically ESDC is saying, since international students bring a positive effect to the Canadian Economy they will not need any LMIA to work in Canada. But to get the additional 600 points for an approved job offer, regardless of whether it is a NOC A, B or 0 type job, an international student will need the LMIA. See the contradictory there? Now, you could say that "well, getting a job is different from getting points for immigration". But, the whole point of LMIA is to see if hiring someone international has a negative effect of the Canadian Economy. So, if you have already gotten a work permit based on the fact that you bring a positive effect to the Canadian economy then why would you have to prove the same fact again when you are applying for immigration. And trust me, the way the system works right now, it is very difficult to get a positive LMIA if you are working in the NOC A, B or 0 type job.

Secondly, the graduates from the top 10 universities that you talk about can be in 2 different situations:
a) They don't currently have a job in Canada, therefore not eligible for getting any points for jobs in Canada.
b) Currently working in Canada: in that case he/she could easily get the additional 600 points based on the fact that he/she will bring significant benefit to Canada (since he/she have graduated from one of the top 10 universities in the world)

Anyhow, this post is getting way too long now. Hopefully, now you understand why international students are so frustrated with the Express Entry system ATM. The easiest way to fix this IMO would be to give the additional 600 points to anyone who has got a PGWP and is working in a NOC A, B or 0 type job.

BTW, this whole system is also making the employers think twice about hiring an international student regardless of whether he or she is the best person for the job.

sensay

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
anarsoul said:
What about those who got a job without Canadian education and those who can't find a job with Canadian diploma?

Following your logic, software engineers should get a separate stream or additional points, since they're able to get a job in Canada in very short time with education from any country of the world.
Who says gaining a degree in Software Engineering will help to get a job easily? I know many who didnt end up getting jobs even after doing software development program. I have seen people getting jobs who scored low in those programs and higher scoring people struggling to get a job. There are private institutes who help non-IT people get QA jobs here after they pursue a 3 month program. You mean to say those people are more better than those IT diploma holders? I dont know what it is but this is the true picture. So if someone says I have a degree from a top notch institute and that will help me to get a job here..its better to wake him up.

I am not saying a particular stream should be awarded with additional points I am just trying to give an impression of the real picture. I might sound negative but believe me its better to get your dreams shattered before than after coming here in this cold.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
sensay said:
Who says gaining a degree in Software Engineering will help to get a job easily? I know many who didnt end up getting jobs even after doing software development program. I have seen people getting jobs who scored low in those programs and higher scoring people struggling to get a job. There are private institutes who help non-IT people get QA jobs here after they pursue a 3 month program. You mean to say those people are more better than those IT diploma holders? I dont know what it is but this is the true picture. So if someone says I have a degree from a top notch institute and that will help me to get a job here..its better to wake him up.

I am not saying a particular stream should be awarded with additional points I am just trying to give an impression of the real picture. I might sound negative but believe me its better to get your dreams shattered before than after coming here in this cold.
Honestly I don't know a single immigrant with SW Engineering experience who was struggling to find a job in Canada. You're right that education alone is not sufficient, experience is what counts, no matter whether it's Canadian or not.

JJ777

Nov 13, 2015
twisted_jack said:
Not quite. See the reason International students are having so much difficulty with the Express Entry system is related to having an "approved job offer", and you should know that having the approved job offer gives you an additional 600 points.

When an international student graduates he/she gets a PGWP (LMIA exempt work permit). The PGWP falls under the International Mobility Program (IMP). ESDC states that:IMP aims to provide competitive advantages to Canada and reciprocal benefits to Canadians. So there is no denying that international students have a positive impact on the Canadian economy.

Basically ESDC is saying, since international students bring a positive effect to the Canadian Economy they will not need any LMIA to work in Canada. But to get the additional 600 points for an approved job offer, regardless of whether it is a NOC A, B or 0 type job, an international student will need the LMIA. See the contradictory there? Now, you could say that "well, getting a job is different from getting points for immigration". But, the whole point of LMIA is to see if hiring someone international has a negative effect of the Canadian Economy. So, if you have already gotten a work permit based on the fact that you bring a positive effect to the Canadian economy then why would you have to prove the same fact again when you are applying for immigration. And trust me, the way the system works right now, it is very difficult to get a positive LMIA if you are working in the NOC A, B or 0 type job.

Secondly, the graduates from the top 10 universities that you talk about can be in 2 different situations:
a) They don't currently have a job in Canada, therefore not eligible for getting any points for jobs in Canada.
b) Currently working in Canada: in that case he/she could easily get the additional 600 points based on the fact that he/she will bring significant benefit to Canada (since he/she have graduated from one of the top 10 universities in the world)

Anyhow, this post is getting way too long now. Hopefully, now you understand why international students are so frustrated with the Express Entry system ATM. The easiest way to fix this IMO would be to give the additional 600 points to anyone who has got a PGWP and is working in a NOC A, B or 0 type job.

BTW, this whole system is also making the employers think twice about hiring an international student regardless of whether he or she is the best person for the job.
I can understand the frustration. We all have a situation finding a job to increase our points. But especially harder for us that are not present in Canada. Getting a LMIA is difficult, I assume this is why they have opened EE stream for the best candidates. The candidates that are already in Canada have a major advantage over the ones that are not and still get extra points (Canadian experience) could be seen as an unfair advantage. This way, at least everyone is on the same level and only the best are picked.

As for the top 10 university comment, I think some people have completely missed the point I was making (Balja, Hero87 - don't know which school you two went to but I was taught not to insult when trying to win a debate!!!).

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Guys, topic is guess on 23rd draw. leave rules and regulations to CIC and lets hope there is draw and deserving people get ITA.. :)

anurag85123

Jan 7, 2009
I agree with Cjs, everyone is hoping to get an ITA here so lets concentrate on what is more important.

Back to the topic. I have some made an observation on the pattern of rounds of Invitation. Please let me know what you guys think.

I have seen a pattern in score and number of invitations as some of the other people here. I don't want to disappoint someone but it looks like if a draw comes out tomorrow which is in 2 weeks from the previous draw then the Minimum score will be in the range of 465-475 and if the draw comes out in 3 weeks ( highly improbable due to Christmas eve, it can come on 23rd though), then the range will be between 475-490. If in 4 weeks then it will be in the range of 485 - 505 and so on.

The only way the score will go south is if the draw happens in a week's time. That makes sense since there are fewer candidates in the draw. I believe that is what CIC is trying to do. Every now and then they bring out a draw in a week to give a chance to lower score people. The one week trend can be seen in March, April, July and now December. It seems that the gap is increasing but I believe there is no set formula, as soon as they see the min score getting high then they do this. If you keep yourself in CIC's shoes then it makes perfect sense.

You can see the pattern below and let me know what you think.

January 31st, 2015 – 779 invitations – Minimum score of 886
February 7th, 2015 – 779 invitations – Minimum score of 818
February 20th, 2015 – 849 invitations – Minimum score of 808
February 27th, 2015 – 1187 invitations – Minimum score of 735
March 20th, 2015 – 1620 invitations – Minimum score of 481
March 27th, 2015 – 1637 invitation – Minimum score of 453
April 10th, 2015 – 925 invitations – Minimum score of 469
April 17th, 2015 – 715 invitations – Minimum score of 453
May 22nd, 2015 – 1361 invitations – Minimum score of 755
June 12th, 2015 – 1501 invitations – Minimum score of 482
June 26th, 2015 – 1575 invitations – Minimum score of 469
July 10th, 2015 – 1516 invitations – Minimum score of 463
July 17th, 2015 – 1581 invitations – Minimum score of 451
August 7th, 2015 – 1402 invitations – Minimum score of 471
August 21st, 2015 – 1523 invitations – Minimum score of 456
September 8th, 2015 – 1517 invitation – Minimum score of 459
September 18th, 2015 – 1545 invitation – Minimum score of 450
October 2nd, 2015 – 1530 invitations – Minimum score of 450
October 23rd, 2015 – 1502 invitations – Minimum score of 489
November 13, 2015 – 1506 invitations – Minimum score of 484
November 27th, 2015 – 1599 invitations – Minimum score of 472
December 4th, 2015 – 1,451 invitations – Minimum score of 461

However, I hope I am wrong and more deserving people get a chance.

All the best !!!

varun22

May 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016<br>Medicals Passed - 29-01-2016 <br>Ghost Mail - 31-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
If someone even after studying in Canada and having work experience in canada can not fetch more points than those who don't get points for canadian education/work experience, Then definitely persons sitting in other countries with high points are more deserving.
That is why Canadian government is giving them preference.

doravmon

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
just hope there is a draw on 18th!!!!!!

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Observe this fact:

According to the 2015 Express Entry Mid-year Report, 85.5% of applicants who received ITA listed Canada as their current country of residence. This means that a big majority of those who were invited to apply for Permanent Residence have Canadian experience (study or work, etc).

Now, if you have Canadian experience, but were not invited to apply, you need to think whose fault it is.

If you propose adding more points for Canadian study experience, adaptability etc, then due to the nature of the EE, it would mean further shrinking the percentage of applicants from outside Canada (currently only at 14.5%).

Why can't you do something to improve yourself so that you can make it to the 85.5%, a statistic that is ALREADY in your favor??

Talal Nasir

Dec 16, 2015
Hi Guys

I think the main purpose of EE is to stop people from immigrating to Ontario. Almost 80% of the people are below 400 points.

But if you look closely into the system. A person having 350 points is a no match for a person above 450 points. But

with a nomination from Saskatchewan or other province. The points increased drastically with additional 600 points. That is a real jump.

And then an applicant with a excellent CEC points of 450 or above becomes a no match for a person with a provincial nomination even if his original CEC score was higher before than the other applicant.

So, I think getting a nomination from a province (other than Ontario) increase your chances and is the only option to compete.

Looking forward to a ITA on 18th of December from CEC.