Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
All things considered, I think we should all be grateful that we can be part of the new express entry system, which has a million advantages over the old system of applying for PR.

I know that some are unhappy when their cases take more than 6 months to process, but all in all, that is still a pretty good timeframe for being able to immigrate to another country.

Despite all the glitches and the problems with my cic, I think they have managed to build a straight-forward system that is probably one of the better ones around and gives people a clear path to PR

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andre_Smol said:
All things considered, I think we should all be grateful that we can be part of the new express entry system, which has a million advantages over the old system of applying for PR.

I know that some are unhappy when their cases take more than 6 months to process, but all in all, that is still a pretty good timeframe for being able to immigrate to another country.

Despite all the glitches and the problems with my cic, I think they have managed to build a straight-forward system that is probably one of the better ones around and gives people a clear path to PR
Agree with you for the most part. I still think the EE system has its flaws eg not allowing user to enter dates started and finished work (by days). But on the whole its a better system than its predecessor.

One of the things that convinced me of this was speaking to a work colleague who got Canadian PR under the old FSW. She applied and was on an 'Implied status' for over 8 months. She said from the date she mailed in her documents (because in those days) there was no Electronic uploading and submission, to the time she next heard from CIC was over 16 months. I've seen people on this forum complain after a month or 2, bit just imagine not getting correspondence for 16 months.

For allowing all potential applicants to migrate through an organized and 'evolvingly' complex system we can thank Me Harper. Of all the promises over the years by politician to reform the immigration system he actually reformed an outdated system into one of that has 21st century relevance.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
JoacRy said:
Agree with you for the most part. I still think the EE system has its flaws eg not allowing user to enter dates started and finished work (by days). But on the whole its a better system than its predecessor.

One of the things that convinced me of this was speaking to a work colleague who got Canadian PR under the old FSW. She applied and was on an 'Implied status' for over 8 months. She said from the date she mailed in her documents (because in those days) there was no Electronic uploading and submission, to the time she next heard from CIC was over 16 months. I've seen people on this forum complain after a month or 2, bit just imagine not getting correspondence for 16 months.

For allowing all potential applicants to migrate through an organized and 'evolvingly' complex system we can thank Me Harper. Of all the promises over the years by politician to reform the immigration system he actually reformed an outdated system into one of that has 21st century relevance.

Sure, there is definitely room for improvement. Some rules are unclear and should be clarified over the coming year. Thats particularly obvious with some of the issues that come up over and over again on the forum here as well, because cic is simply too vague in some of their requirements.

But like you said yourself, just getting away from the paper-based offline approach and having everything digitalized and clearly accessible online with your current status is a huge benefit and a 6 month timeline that work for the majority of applicants is a great step in the right direction.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Andre_Smol said:

You like it because you got in and got advantage of it. For those who were eligible before EE and not anymore (low points) will say the opposite.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mf4361 said:
You like it because you got in and got advantage of it. For those who were eligible before EE and not anymore (low points) will say the opposite.
Whether or not the system favours you is a separate matter from whether it's a good system.

I was here as a student when the new changes came down - when I initially arrived, students had a much easier time getting Permanent Residency. I could get a job on the NOC list (programmer), but the cap was hit - my wife could have gotten Permanent Residency through a different approach. Express Entry closed all those doors.

It was still a good system, and a great improvement over an 8+ year wait.

We adapted, and moved on - I found an employer who was able to get a LMIA, and she had enough points with her school. We valued coming to Canada, and learned from the system what it took to be worthy of applying to Canada.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kateg said:
Whether or not the system favours you is a separate matter from whether it's a good system.

I was here as a student when the new changes came down - when I initially arrived, students had a much easier time getting Permanent Residency. I could get a job on the NOC list (programmer), but the cap was hit - my wife could have gotten Permanent Residency through a different approach. Express Entry closed all those doors.

We adapted, and moved on - I found an employer who was able to get a LMIA, and she had enough points with her school. We valued coming to Canada, and learned from the system what it took to be worthy of applying to Canada.
It has good intent, but badly executed. A badly executed plan is still a bad plan.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mf4361 said:
It has good intent, but badly executed. A badly executed plan is still a bad plan.
For the time being, it is important seeing their economic situation to only give PRs (at least priority) to people with jobs - and only with jobs that do not hurt chances of other Canadians getting jobs.

It is very hard to come up with a system which validates a job except LMIA. Otherwise just allowing every one with a job offer extra merit is recipe for disaster and prone to a lot of abuse.

I am not saying its the right thing. But treating people educated in Canada fairly or not (as opposed to previous system), is not CIC's preference.

Their preference is to align immigration with the current state of economy, which is not in good shape right now. Bringing more qualified people without jobs or with jobs that in their view - existing Canadians can do is not in the best interest of Economy.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Given the application fee, the people waiting 5 years are having it done on their dime.
well people are waiting in line and will wait for 5 years or more with express entry too so there is no benefit. Express entry only moved waiting time from their pile to waiting time in queue for ITA so no difference there between new and old system(CEC). I hope ur getting the point . They just moved the waiting time bucket from their end to our(applicant) end.

Getting permanent residency is faster, and easier for qualified applicants. The sooner we get Permanent Residency, the sooner Citizenship becomes an option.
its faster for a select few who may or may not be qualified applicants. Its debatable who is qualified and who is not. Just cause someone got ITA doesnt make them more qualified. Thats the flaw in the system. well yes faster PR = faster citizenship but what if one doesnt get PR and that too because system was designed wrong.

Why is it better to wait in limbo with no application, than to wait a shorter time to apply?
If someone cannot get an ITA they r just waiting in queue to receive ITA thats a wait which wont be counted towards CIC hence its just on paper to show CIC reduced processing time. if u reduce the number of applicant then yes its going to be faster doesnt mean the system is working or improved. Its like a company is saying we are fulfilling all our orders but we do not take 80% of the orders. whats the point

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
its one and the same thing. Earlier system used to favor everyone under CEC. Who ever was qualified was accepted. And yes it was and is still the need. Canada needs population

whats the point of this statement? Gloating?

thats completely wrong. once express entry system turns 8 years old then we can say if no one is waiting for 8 years is left in the system. so lets say I opened EE profile in 2015 and kept of opening profile every year and its been 8 years then I would say system ha failed. Wait is still there of 8 years its just that ur ignoring it.

again gloating i guess?

mankene

Jun 13, 2014
Please, this is too much talk, Canada is their country and it took them ages to put it together so if you want to be part of it, you have to fall in line, wait and hope for your turn and go by their rules. If not, you just simply fall out of the line, go somewhere else or go home to your own country.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
mankene said:
Please, this is too much talk, Canada is their country and it took them ages to put it together so if you want to be part of it, you have to fall in line, wait and hope for your turn and go by their rules. If not, you just simply fall out of the line, go somewhere else or go home to your own country.
what do u mean by too much talk? what do u mean fall in line where is anyone out of line? well immigrations rules changed and hence the speculations if the new rules are good enough. we who came here before the new rules are suffering. rules are made by people and they should be looked at if doing adverse effects. We have freedom of speech in canada which is one of the things that makes canada great. its stupid to follow rules blindly there should always be a check. You should understand why ur following the rules not just blindly follow them.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mead said:
its one and the same thing. Earlier system used to favor everyone under CEC. Who ever was qualified was accepted. And yes it was and is still the need. Canada needs population
Canada needs population growth. It doesn't need immigrants, and that does not mean that all immigrants are good.

Even if express entry is bad for you, it doesn't mean it's bad for Canada.

whats the point of this statement? Gloating?
Not gloating. Being consistent. I liked the changes under Express Entry, even if they had resulted in keeping me out, because I strongly believe that Canada's immigration system should focus on what's good for Canada, not what helps me.

thats completely wrong. once express entry system turns 8 years old then we can say if no one is waiting for 8 years is left in the system. so lets say I opened EE profile in 2015 and kept of opening profile every year and its been 8 years then I would say system ha failed. Wait is still there of 8 years its just that ur ignoring it.
The people Canada wants come quickly. The people Canada doesn't want don't. That's an effective system. There are many people who shouldn't come to Canada as Permanent Residents, as they lack the factors that correlate well with success. Even if Express Entry means that you never make it to Canada, that does not make Express Entry a bad system. Express Entry is about the needs of Canada, not your needs.

again gloating i guess?
No. No need. I'm pointing out that the system works as designed. Canada sets acceptance criteria, and you can either meet them and come ... or not.

When they changed the rules, my family was excluded from Canada. We adapted, moved on, and now we have Permanent Residency.

People who want to come to Canada should focus on meeting the requirements to come as a Permanent Resident. They should work on their language proficiency, on their work history, on their education. They should work to develop skills in high enough demand that employers are willing to do a LMIA, or to develop the skills/ties that Provinces need for their Provincial Nominee system. Sitting around and waiting won't do it anymore.

Once upon a time, being a student was enough to get Permanent Residence, even though it wasn't promised. Being a student had no real criteria, which meant that anyone could immigrate to Canada. They don't want that, so they changed the system to require actual work experience after school to be eligible for CEC. This lets them continue offering education to people who want it, and to maintain the integrity of their immigration system. There is little point in making FSW difficult to qualify for, then making education trivial and simply a function of time.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mead said:
what do u mean by too much talk? what do u mean fall in line where is anyone out of line? well immigrations rules changed and hence the speculations if the new rules are good enough. we who came here before the new rules are suffering. rules are made by people and they should be looked at if doing adverse effects.
The effects are not adverse, they are by design. They wanted an immigration system that was brought the best and the brightest, not simply those that could pass a few classes to get a degree in a field with high unemployment. Express Entry does that.

Canada is looking to expand the number of study permits they do. They want to stop the abuse, and they see people being students for immigration as abuse.

http://canadaboundimmigrant.com/education/article.php?id=621

The proposal has two very clear areas of focus. First, to make Canada increasingly attractive to students with a sincere intention to study at a reputable Canadian educational institution. And secondly, the plan is also intended to make Canada a less attractive country for those who intend to use the study permit system to get into Canada without a sincere intention to study.

liamE

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2015
Most of the cec people complaining that they don't have enough points could get enough points if they improved their language scores. If you were a skilled enough worker to be given a job for 1 year or 2 years, if you have a masters or 3+ years if you did a bachelors and had your full pgwp allowance you will have enough points. If you are under 30 you can easily get over 450 points if you improve your english. Express entry selection works just fine, it is doing what canadian government wants, picking people with work experience, qualifications and good enough language skills to hold down a job and fit in to canadian societuy. Stop moaning and take some ESL classes or wait another few months until your work experience hits 2 years.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My 2 cents; some of us like the system and others don't.

The reality: Unless we are the Prime Minister, Immigration Minister, or senior officers within CIC we cannot change it. We have to adapt.

The only thing we can control is ourselves so we can only do things like improve language scores, accumulate work experience in our field etc. We can communicate our opinions and blame the system, the government and any number of other 3rd parties.

However at the end of the day if we don't do the things we have 100% control over we have no one to blame but ourselves. I say this as someone who declined an ITA, and will probably decline the 2nd one until I get my work experience accumulated to match the Canadian criteria of 365 days.