14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kateg said:
The effects are not adverse, they are by design. They wanted an immigration system that was brought the best and the brightest, not simply those that could pass a few classes to get a degree in a field with high unemployment. Express Entry does that.

Canada is looking to expand the number of study permits they do. They want to stop the abuse, and they see people being students for immigration as abuse.

http://canadaboundimmigrant.com/education/article.php?id=621
If that is their honest intend, they are missing out big big time.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
kateg said:
The effects are not adverse, they are by design. They wanted an immigration system that was brought the best and the brightest, not simply those that could pass a few classes to get a degree in a field with high unemployment. Express Entry does that.

Canada is looking to expand the number of study permits they do. They want to stop the abuse, and they see people being students for immigration as abuse.

http://canadaboundimmigrant.com/education/article.php?id=621
Like I said rules should be looked at if having adverse effects I see qualified people are not getting in so its an adverse effect. R the rules good or bad has yet to be seen . Just because someones score is above 450 doesnt mean they r best and brightest . When scoring is flawed system does not ensure best and brightest are getting in. if passing few classes meaning getting masters degree from canadian university does not mean ur good enough then what does having masters from an unknown university in other country(online university)?its not an abuse its a catch 22 which canadian immigration has introduced with creating CEC and canadian colleges giving admission to any one. That doesnt make it students fault and its good for canada to have canadian educated professionals. people who get LMIA by hook or crook doesnt mean they r best and brightest. Getting canadian education / training does make one good in ones profession. well then they should stop study permit if they dont want to get young immigrants with canadian training. But they want to make money of of these poor students so they create CEC to lure them in and now try to kick them out with express entry. use them and throw them.
So dont blame us and dont gloat that u got ITA so u should be best and brightest thats ur misconception or arrogance. This is our life which is being uprooted and we are complaining about it.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
My 2 cents; some of us like the system and others don't.
ur absolutely right

The reality: Unless we are the Prime Minister, Immigration Minister, or senior officers within CIC we cannot change it. We have to adapt.
yes thats true too its just our bad luck

The only thing we can control is ourselves so we can only do things like improve language scores, accumulate work experience in our field etc. We can communicate our opinions and blame the system, the government and any number of other 3rd parties.
language score is maxed out.

However at the end of the day if we don't do the things we have 100% control over we have no one to blame but ourselves. I say this as someone who declined an ITA, and will probably decline the 2nd one until I get my work experience accumulated to match the Canadian criteria of 365 days.
we have done all the things over which we have control other than turning back clock/age nothing is going to change score. ur a luck fellow u atleast got a chance and I like that ur not blaming us who didnt get ITA for being us.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
liamE said:
Most of the cec people complaining that they don't have enough points could get enough points if they improved their language scores. If you were a skilled enough worker to be given a job for 1 year or 2 years, if you have a masters or 3+ years if you did a bachelors and had your full pgwp allowance you will have enough points. If you are under 30 you can easily get over 450 points if you improve your english. Express entry selection works just fine, it is doing what canadian government wants, picking people with work experience, qualifications and good enough language skills to hold down a job and fit in to canadian societuy. Stop moaning and take some ESL classes or wait another few months until your work experience hits 2 years.
Max point for people who previously qualifies CEC (1 year canadian work, Bachelor degree) is 444.

liamE

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2015
Then wait until you have 2 years + if you did your degree in canada you should have a 3 year pgwp. The whole point is to get the best candidates instead of everyone who meets minimum requirements. if you have a top score in each language test your points will increase a lot as you acquire more work experience. This process is competitive so make yourself a better competitor.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
However at the end of the day if we don't do the things we have 100% control over we have no one to blame but ourselves. I say this as someone who declined an ITA, and will probably decline the 2nd one until I get my work experience accumulated to match the Canadian criteria of 365 days.
we have done all the things over which we have control other than turning back clock/age nothing is going to change score. ur a luck fellow u atleast got a chance and I like that ur not blaming us who didnt get ITA for being us.
I feel that it's pointless blaming anyone. Blaming anyone won't enable me to increase my CRS points and/or get an ITA.

The only person who can have any control over how many points I get is me by doing the things that I feel that the current system (as it is working at the moment) demand in order for me to get CRS points and/or an ITA.

Anyone who blames anyone else for their current position is really doing themselves a disservice as they will not receive any benefits from blaming others. The only thing they will have is frustration which may not help them think clearly when doing the things they need to do to get either increased CRS points and/or an ITA.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
A little more on CRS point grid.

There is no question that a ranking system is more preferable to first come first serve. For those candidate who come with LMIA or PNP it does make lots of sense to let them jump the line. This is a clear indication that Canada needs these people.

The problem is those with high score but without a job gets in before those with a job, just not LMIA. A large part of score is attributed to higher education. But most Canadian jobs doesn't require Master or up. A master degree, in large, does not increase the chance of landing a job. It might, in fact, narrows the kind of jobs one can get (overqualification). Ask many immigrants from late 80s and 90s and they will tell you how impossible to find a job of their own profession when they first land. Chances are doctors immigrants came here and ended up being a taxi driver (No offense, I apologize if it does), and not by choice. (Doctors and nurses are one of the most demanded occupation in Canada) Most professional and technical jobs are selected for their Canadian work experiences (Basic qualification has to met of course) And yet, Canadian work experiences attributes the least in CRS grid.

Putting those without a job, in front of those who already are is against EE's original intention.

And yes people will argue without scrutiny of LMIA, employers and employees can fake work experiences. But this usually happens in lower skilled jobs, who doesn't even qualify CEC.

One more thing, CEC never met its quota except for 2014 so including it EE [to reduce backlog] is a bit disingenuous.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
liamE said:
Then wait until you have 2 years + if you did your degree in canada you should have a 3 year pgwp. The whole point is to get the best candidates instead of everyone who meets minimum requirements. if you have a top score in each language test your points will increase a lot as you acquire more work experience. This process is competitive so make yourself a better competitor.
1. Not everyone gets a job right out of school
2. those who changed NOC are screwed

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mf4361 said:
If that is their honest intend, they are missing out big big time.
On what? More foreigners with useless degrees competing with Canadians for jobs?

Most of the international students at the school I'm at have horrible english skills, and graduate with a 2 or 3 year degree. The programs are not competitive, and the quality of the education is hardly stellar.

Canada treats all degrees equally - a degree from Harvard is the same as a degree from a community college, and a degree from the US is treated the same as a degree from a country with large amounts of academic dishonesty. They should differentiate, but the charter prevents discrimination on the basis of national origin.

So, they focus on work, which is harder to fake.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mead said:
if passing few classes meaning getting masters degree from canadian university does not mean ur good enough then what does having masters from an unknown university in other country(online university)?
Exactly. That's why they want both work experience and educational experience.

Before the changes last April, people could sign up to take English as a Second Language from a non-accredited school, then use that "degree" to qualify for CEC and Permanent Residency.

There was a lot of abuse.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
mead said:
Use the clock to move forward, don't whine about it not moving back. Do you have a Ph.D? If no, you can still improve your score that way. Do you have a LMIA? If not, then you can still improve your score that way.

If you want something, work for it - don't just wait for it to happen. It might never happen if you do.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
mead said:
Like I said rules should be looked at if having adverse effects I see qualified people are not getting in so its an adverse effect. R the rules good or bad has yet to be seen . Just because someones score is above 450 doesnt mean they r best and brightest . When scoring is flawed system does not ensure best and brightest are getting in. if passing few classes meaning getting masters degree from canadian university does not mean ur good enough then what does having masters from an unknown university in other country(online university)?its not an abuse its a catch 22 which canadian immigration has introduced with creating CEC and canadian colleges giving admission to any one. That doesnt make it students fault and its good for canada to have canadian educated professionals. people who get LMIA by hook or crook doesnt mean they r best and brightest. Getting canadian education / training does make one good in ones profession. well then they should stop study permit if they dont want to get young immigrants with canadian training. But they want to make money of of these poor students so they create CEC to lure them in and now try to kick them out with express entry. use them and throw them.
So dont blame us and dont gloat that u got ITA so u should be best and brightest thats ur misconception or arrogance. This is our life which is being uprooted and we are complaining about it.
+1 to you and -1 to kateg

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
bestofluck said:
+1 to you and -1 to kateg
So, how is that false hope working out for you?

What was it you said? Oh yes,

Now see my other predictions and logics. Once in 2015 they have to go near 400.
I see.

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
It would be interesting to see the year end statistics from CIC.

From the draw scores it is pretty obvious that Canadian Residents (PGWP, TFW) got lion shares of ITAs.

For non residents without PNP or LMIA, it is almost impossible to cross 450 CRS.

I am saying this because with CLB 9 in IELTS and Masters Education, my CRS was 434( I m married). I withdrew my profile from EE pool because it doesn't make sense for me to stay put.

I know, I could have tried to boost my scores by getting my spouse ECA and learning French. But hey, does it make sense? How many would be able to do it? Current EE system is flawed, because the point system puts non residents at severe disadvantage.

If that's what Canada wants, let them have it. There will always be other options open for immigration aspirants

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
desertfox said:
It would be interesting to see the year end statistics from CIC.

From the draw scores it is pretty obvious that Canadian Residents (PGWP, TFW) got lion shares of ITAs.

For non residents without PNP or LMIA, it is almost impossible to cross 450 CRS.

I am saying this because with CLB 9 in IELTS and Masters Education, my CRS was 434( I m married). I withdrew my profile from EE pool because it doesn't make sense for me to stay put.

I know, I could have tried to boost my scores by getting my spouse ECA and learning French. But hey, does it make sense? How many would be able to do it? Current EE system is flawed, because the point system puts non residents at severe disadvantage.

If that's what Canada wants, let them have it. There will always be other options open for immigration aspirants
The irony of this is --in spite of the point system skewed to favor inlanders, they still whine and kick that EE do not favor them. And I ask myself, do these set of people expect CIC to drop their PR cards right on their laps.

Pure FSW guys represents quite a minute percent of those who have received ITA so far.