AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
There is gonna be a stunning 23rd draw on 18th December. Cic is going to make last draw on 18th December . Chrismas present for the most eligible people on express entry . 448 onwards. Good luck . Merry chrismas and a happy new year 2016.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
They will always find enough skilled people above 450. Plus they are taking in large number of refugees, so it is highly unlikely for them to go below 450.

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
Cic are loosing out great skilled class workers by not picking up people 444 onwards. I can't believe people who strived in this country has to beg for pr after years of work and hardwork..

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
SecularFirst said:
They are getting enough people they need above 450. Why are they losing out.
they are loosing out because there are many skilled class workers in canada that are on pgwp and don't have enough score to get the invitation . Not Everyone On PGWP Holds A Good Score but are talented enough to contribute to the society . I myself is a skilled class worker holds a red seal canadian cert of qualification . Eligible to apply for pr oct 2014. But still waiting.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
I do believe that there should be a separate category for international students, and Canadian education and work experience should be given more points, but let's face it, visa is a privilege, not a right. They can issue visa to anyone they like, they can make any rules they like, they have the freedom to take any number of refugees they like. We should feel lucky that they even gave us an opportunity to file PR.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baljas said:
There is gonna be a stunning 23rd draw on 18th December. Cic is going to make last draw on 18th December . Chrismas present for the most eligible people on express entry . 448 onwards. Good luck . Merry chrismas and a happy new year 2016.
I hope you're right in your prediction and I hope I'm wrong when I say that I can't see it happening. Can see a draw, can't see them going below the 450 mark (this year).

JJ777

Nov 13, 2015
SecularFirst said:
I do believe that there should be a separate category for international students, and Canadian education and work experience should be given more points, but let's face it, visa is a privilege, not a right. They can issue visa to anyone they like, they can make any rules they like, they have the freedom to take any number of refugees they like. We should feel lucky that they even gave us an opportunity to file PR.
I have read quite a few people saying that they should receive extra points / separate categories for international students and canadian education etc. But many forget that the reason they should chose to obtain a degree/qualification in another country and institution is because that very program will give you better standing in your own countries. As with many countries with international students, you pay for the privilege to study in that country and are given a limited work permit with clear understanding that this is not an immigration pathway.
Also to say that the people who studied in Canada and gained work experience there are more valuable then anyone outside the country is wrong. The top 10 universities are either in England or America, with English being their first language and work experience in those countries highly sort after. You must realise that these candidates who have scored highly are more likely to have a positive effect on Canada than those scoring lower points with a canadian education and work experience.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
No one asking for more points for education. There should be more points for adaptability, as many provinces give points for amount of time spent legally in a province, either on study permit or work permit. These people are already here and they have adapted to the society. There should be more points for all the time spent in this freezing world away from their families. Plus person in Canada can be easily verified for their work and other records, rather than someone living in a country where ones connections and money can help you obtain any credentials.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
. As with many countries with international students, you pay for the privilege to study in that country and are given a limited work permit with clear understanding that this is not an immigration pathway.

Work permit is a pathway to immigration, if it wasn't, cic would have banned anyone with work permit to apply for PR.

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
SecularFirst said:
. As with many countries with international students, you pay for the privilege to study in that country and are given a limited work permit with clear understanding that this is not an immigration pathway.

Work permit is a pathway to immigration, if it wasn't, cic would have banned anyone with work permit to apply for PR.
I totally agree with you. Over here, Canadian companies value Canadian education and experience much more as compared to other foreign experience. So, there is not point in not selecting those deserving candidates below 450. By the way, I have received my PR via EE system but still believe it is skewed a lot.

I believe pretty soon the new Liberal government would realize that the job bank system is not working for EE. The previous government relied on that a lot and hoped that deserving people would get job and the valued 600 points. I am seeing a revival of CEC and also a NOC list coming in future. Again, that's my personal guesses.

JJ777

Nov 13, 2015
SecularFirst said:

If that is the case, why is everyone with a work permit and experience applying under the same stream as those that do not?

To my previous point, I only mentioned England and America where their first language is English (same as Canada) and their work experience is either equivalent or higher than Canada's. So their adaptability is of equal value.

Again, to spend time in a freezing country away from your family is you choice. You did what you thought was best for yourself, to better yourself.

I don't have an issue with people studying and working in Canada, but I feel everyone should be given equal standing when applying for immigration. Otherwise I should start demanding extra points because I went to a top 10 global university so my education is far superior to anyone that has got a degree from a Canadian university.

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
JJ777 said:
If that is the case, why is everyone with a work permit and experience applying under the same stream as those that do not?

To my previous point, I only mentioned England and America where there first language is English (same as Canada) and their work experience is either equivalent or higher than Canada's. So there adaptability is of equal value.

Again, to spend time in a freezing country away from your family is you choice. You did what you thought was best for yourself, to better yourself.

I don't have an issue with people studying and working in Canada, but I feel everyone should be given equal standing when applying for immigration. Otherwise I should start demanding extra points because I went to a top 10 global university so my education is far superior to anyone that has got a degree from a Canadian university.
you does seems like to have some ego issues I guess. U can't withstand people who are given credits for staying in canada.your superior educations will earn u no dollars in canada.

hero87

Sep 14, 2015
JJ777 said:

To my previous point, I only mentioned England and America where their first language is English (same as Canada) and their work experience is either equivalent or higher than Canada's. So their adaptability is of equal value.

I don't know which school you went to, but based on your words I don't think it taught you how to behave.