+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discuss Alternative routes for CSQ inland applicants.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Thanks.

So if I understand correctly I'll have the same 14 month wait time for the PR once I get my CSQ regardless of whether I got the CSQ through the PEQ program or the Regular CSQ path, right?
14 months is avg processing time CIC claims for 80% of applications ....again it depends from case to case !!! Regarding PEQ thing yes couple of shady institution's are under radar for violating rules....

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks.

So if I understand correctly I'll have the same 14 month wait time for the PR once I get my CSQ regardless of whether I got the CSQ through the PEQ program or the Regular CSQ path, right?
I guess so. PEQ is only for csq, rest timelines are same for inland applicants

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
The wait is longer now for PEQ too. The website says 7 weeks average, and we applied on October 2nd and are still waiting.

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Oh wow, you are right. Well we did apply Oct 2nd and got a letter today about an interview in January. Even my # matched the list on this website. It definitely is taking more than 20 days, but I have heard most people receive an answer or an interview date within two months.

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Oh wow, you are right. Well we did apply Oct 2nd and got a letter today about an interview in January. Even my # matched the list on this website. It definitely is taking more than 20 days, but I have heard most people receive an answer or an interview date within two months.
I’m sorry to hear that you’re going to have an interview. Do you mind letting me know what you’re using as attestation for having a B2 level of French? Did you take a certified course (and if so which one) or one of the tests?

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
You and me both. It's actually just my husband who has to attend the interview. He took four courses at Concordia, but only the last one matters, as far as B2 French level. It was CEFR 625. He took all the French classes he needed for a certificate actually, CEFR 325, 425, 525 and 625, and passed them all.

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
You and me both. It's actually just my husband who has to attend the interview. He took four courses at Concordia, but only the last one matters, as far as B2 French level. It was CEFR 625. He took all the French classes he needed for a certificate actually, CEFR 325, 425, 525 and 625, and passed them all.
Ah keep me posted about how his interview goes. I’m wrapping up a McGill B2 French course and am hoping there’s no interview at the end of th tunnel.

Did you take the same course as him? Do you mind telling me his final letter or percent grade?

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Ah keep me posted about how his interview goes. I’m wrapping up a McGill B2 French course and am hoping there’s no interview at the end of th tunnel.

Did you take the same course as him? Do you mind telling me his final letter or percent grade?

I did not take the same courses as him. I took some non credited courses at a community center, since whatever my French level is, it doesn't matter for our application.

Here are his grades:
CEFR 325 87% A
CEFR 425 76% B
CEFR 525 80% A-
CEFR 625 78% B+

Reactions: s4bs94

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I did not take the same courses as him. I took some non credited courses at a community center, since whatever my French level is, it doesn't matter for our application.

Here are his grades:
CEFR 325 87% A
CEFR 425 76% B
CEFR 525 80% A-
CEFR 625 78% B+
Wow, shocking they called him in with those grades.
Sorry for bombarding you with questions but what’s his current citizenship and is he doing the PEQ skilled worker or Quebec graduate route?

Reactions: skye

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Wow, shocking they called him in with those grades.
Sorry for bombarding you with questions but what’s his current citizenship and is he doing the PEQ skilled worker or Quebec graduate route?
No problem for the questions. I know the grades are really good. He worked very hard for those, taking classes on top of full-time work. He is doing PEQ skilled worker, and we are currently US citizens,here on temp. work permit.

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
I thought we have to establish residence in Quebec and then RAMQ will issue healthcard. They denied health card just because you did not come thru CSQ route ?
Hello, @cherti,

I am new in this thread, and I saw your post. Currently in Quebec and have already been issued CSQ and SIN (OWP Holder). However, RAMQ seems to be giving us a hard time-- that we need to wait for the actual PR Card. How did you go about this and have them issue?

Thanks.