+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discuss Alternative routes for CSQ inland applicants.

jerrynomenon

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Hello y'all,

I am considering applying for CEC and I need a year of Canadian experience (am a new grad). I got this offer today from a startup that does pretty exciting stuff, but they would only offer a 4-month internship, with a possibility of going permanent after. CEC mentions that Co-ops or internship experiences acquired during one's education does not count, but does an internship acquired after graduation (i.e. with a PGWP) count?

Also, if I were to get a different job after, can I still count the 4 months towards one year, given that they are of same type of jobs (i.e. 4 months as an intern and 8 months as a full time employee at a different firm)?

Thanks!

btw, @cherti, I noticed that you chanced your profile picture...

Aug 6, 2018
Category........
QSW
Thats really motivating. My problem is, I applied CSQ in Quebec, and as with everything wrong with Quebec, MIDI has stopped processing CSQ applications from March 2017. So I am stuck. I am starting to hate this province with its absurd language policies and racist attitudes towards immigrants.

Do you think my EE application will get rejected because I have applied for CSQ ? It was an unlucky move from my side.
we are on same boat :D

NewMember57

May 31, 2018
Hello people

I am also in same situation.
Applied CSQ- FEB 2017. Sent doc DEC 2017. No update after that.

I am applying for federal now as my wp going to expire soon.

Not sure though what should i answer for below one from EE form-
"have you applied to ircc before"

Please share if anyone has any idea about it.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hello people

I am also in same situation.
Applied CSQ- FEB 2017. Sent doc DEC 2017. No update after that.

I am applying for federal now as my wp going to expire soon.

Not sure though what should i answer for below one from EE form-
"have you applied to ircc before"

Please share if anyone has any idea about it.
You should say yes, because your work permit was issued by IRCC and you have a UCI client number.

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
You should say yes, because your work permit was issued by IRCC and you have a UCI client number.
Hi Cherti, Can I ask you a question about the document to show the intent to reside outside Quebec? I plan to submit the EE application this week. Initially I planed to use job offer and lease contract as the proof to show my intent to reside ourside Quebec, but I got no offer until now and haven't singed any lease contract. What kind of document did you use to show your intent? Is it possible to submit additional document in the process of the application (I mean after submitting my files).

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi Cherti, Can I ask you a question about the document to show the intent to reside outside Quebec? I plan to submit the EE application this week. Initially I planed to use job offer and lease contract as the proof to show my intent to reside ourside Quebec, but I got no offer until now and haven't singed any lease contract. What kind of document did you use to show your intent? Is it possible to submit additional document in the process of the application (I mean after submitting my files).
I wrote a letter in plain paper and got it notarized, said many reasons like French etc and told I can't move with a closed permit. Uploaded that letter along with other docs in the LOE section. I didn't submit additional docs. I can't provide additional proofs because no one is willing to hire on work permit as its expensive. Can't quit and move to Ontario as I am on closed work permit, so I don't want to lose my job on a thing which has less chances of being approved. Basically coming to work in Québec is a huge mistake for skilled workers.

Can't say for sure that the letter worked because it's been 4 months since AOR. My gcms notes says "Québec residency concerns found, review required" This was 2 months back. No updates after that.

Last edited:

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
I wrote a letter in plain paper and got it notarized, said many reasons like French etc and told I can't move with a closed permit. Uploaded that letter along with other docs in the LOE section. I didn't submit additional docs. I can't provide additional proofs because no one is willing to hire on work permit as its expensive. Can't quit and move to Ontario as I am on closed work permit, so I don't want to lose my job on a thing which has less chances of being approved. Basically coming to work in Québec is a huge mistake for skilled workers.

Can't say for sure that the letter worked because it's been 4 months since AOR. My gcms notes says "Québec residency concerns found, review required" This was 2 months back. No updates after that.
Thank you for your information! My situtation is a little better than you because I have a post graduation work permit. However I can' t move for now either because I am still in contract. Have you passed the ip2 stage yet? If you have passed ip2,I think it will be fine.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Thank you for your information! My situtation is a little better than you because I have a post graduation work permit. However I can' t move for now either because I am still in contract. Have you passed the ip2 stage yet? If you have passed ip2,I think it will be fine.
IP2 immediately after MEP. In IP2 for almost 3.5 months. I know IP2, IP1 are just terms invented by the people and has no bearing. With the elections coming in Québec and their new gimmicks with the supposedly new system, applying for CSQ is a lost cause and Québec immigrantion shouldn't be trusted to do anything of value. Its a dysfunctional system.

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
IP2 immediately after MEP. In IP2 for almost 3.5 months. I know IP2, IP1 are just terms invented by the people and has no bearing. With the elections coming in Québec and their new gimmicks with the supposedly new system, applying for CSQ is a lost cause and Québec immigrantion shouldn't be trusted to do anything of value. Its a dysfunctional system.[/QUOTE
I asked my friend who has the experience in EE application about your case. He said you are in scecurity screening stage, which takes a couple of months. Hope you get ppr very soon!

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I asked my friend who has the experience in EE application about your case. He said you are in scecurity screening stage, which takes a couple of months. Hope you get ppr very soon!
I don't think its under security screening stage. A CEC application takes an average of 4 months. Like I said, IP1,IP2 has no bearings and is a myth spread thru forums & rumors.

I just completed 4 months yesterday. As per open data portal of Canada govt, 4 months is the avg processing time of CEC applicants in 2016.
6 months is the max processing time. I would be concerned only about security screening if it has exceeded 6 months. In addition to that, nothing in my gcms notes suggests security screening other than the Quebec residency concerns.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Thanks cherti. .
This CSQ has put my career and life on halt.
Dont know if EE will work.
There are many people like you and me whose future & careers are at stake because of this dysfunctional immigration department of Quebec. Have to bring this to media attention. The problem is, since this issue is about non citizens, no one really cares except us. No politicians or media will gain any mileage by bringing out the operational failures of MIDI.

But instead if it was a refugee or asylum case, politicians and media will flock like flies on shit :)

mrlook

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
quebec immigration is so slow and outdated they cant even announce a mew system in a short amount of time.
The reason companies and people are moving to ontario is obvious.

mrlook

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018

Please update us on the result when you get it.

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
There are many people like you and me whose future & careers are at stake because of this dysfunctional immigration department of Quebec. Have to bring this to media attention. The problem is, since this issue is about non citizens, no one really cares except us. No politicians or media will gain any mileage by bringing out the operational failures of MIDI.

But instead if it was a refugee or asylum case, politicians and media will flock like flies on shit :)
Hi Cherti, do you have any updates? It seems very slow recently.