+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discuss Alternative routes for CSQ inland applicants.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hello all,

By this time, you might have all understood that CSQ inland applications from March 2017 have no movement and the CIC Federal process have screwed CSQ applicants by delaying the process by 14 months. So for a CSQ Quebec inland applicant, going by these current uncertainties and timelines there is no PR in the near future. This is in addition to the ironic fact that we are currently working in Quebec and contributing to the economy already.

It seems like neither Quebec immigration nor the Federal CIC looks like they care about CSQ applicants though both sides are boasting about increasing their immigration levels.

So I am opening this thread for alternative route for PR via the Express Entry stream. Main points are,

1. Can we apply Express Entry while CSQ application is in progress ?

I have read from this forum that many have applied successfully and got PR via Express Entry while residing in Quebec. The intention not to reside in Quebec have to be made clear and ideally should move out of Quebec once the PR is issued.

Can anyone throw more light on this ?
If there is a successful applicant like that, can you share your experience ?

2. Find a job outside Quebec, move, and apply Express Entry.

This step is a sure shot one. But the new employer will have to process LMIA and new work permit.

3. Move out of Canada and apply Express Entry through the CEC class.

This is the most preferable method with the only inconvenience that you have to resign your job and move out of the country. A little logistical discomfort.

Reactions: skye and Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello all,

By this time, you might have all understood that CSQ inland applications from March 2017 have no movement and the CIC Federal process have screwed CSQ applicants by delaying the process by 14 months. So for a CSQ Quebec inland applicant, going by these current uncertainties and timelines there is no PR in the near future. This is in addition to the ironic fact that we are currently working in Quebec and contributing to the economy already.

It seems like neither Quebec immigration nor the Federal CIC looks like they care about CSQ applicants though both sides are boasting about increasing their immigration levels.

So I am opening this thread for alternative route for PR via the Express Entry stream. Main points are,

1. Can we apply Express Entry while CSQ application is in progress ?

I have read from this forum that many have applied successfully and got PR via Express Entry while residing in Quebec. The intention not to reside in Quebec have to be made clear and ideally should move out of Quebec once the PR is issued.

Can anyone throw more light on this ?
If there is a successful applicant like that, can you share your experience ?

2. Find a job outside Quebec, move, and apply Express Entry.

This step is a sure shot one. But the new employer will have to process LMIA and new work permit.

3. Move out of Canada and apply Express Entry through the CEC class.

This is the most preferable method with the only inconvenience that you have to resign your job and move out of the country. A little logistical discomfort.
Sorry I may not be able to help you with your points but I am curious as to this statement of yours "from March 2017 have no movement and the CIC Federal process have screwed CSQ applicants by delaying the process by 14 months" Is this total processing time for csq applicants? Also your second statement "going by these current uncertainties and timelines there is no PR in the near future." I guess your PR application will be delayed by a few months but that doesn't mean there's no PR.

Wish you luck with other options.

All the best.

Reactions: boblast

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Sorry I may not be able to help you with your points but I am curious as to this statement of yours "from March 2017 have no movement and the CIC Federal process have screwed CSQ applicants by delaying the process by 14 months" Is this total processing time for csq applicants? Also your second statement "going by these current uncertainties and timelines there is no PR in the near future." I guess your PR application will be delayed by a few months but that doesn't mean there's no PR.

Wish you luck with other options.

All the best.

Thank you replying.

Its not the total processing time for CSQ applicant. 14 months is the processing time for Federal Stage. Already CSQ applicants are delayed by Quebec. So anyone applying for CSQ in Regular Skilled Worker Category can expect a minimum delay of 14 (Federal)+ 6 (Quebec) = 20 months.

Quebec has almost stopped processing CSQ application from March 2017. No one has got any document checklist yet.

So thats why I am enquiring if we can go thru the Federal Express Entry route.
As far as my points are concerned, its way over the roof (10+ years exp + Bach. Comp Science + 1 year exp in Canada).

Its just bad luck that I am working in Quebec and have to wait 20 months for my PR.
If I was in any other province, I could have applied for Express Entry.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you replying.

Its not the total processing time for CSQ applicant. 14 months is the processing time for Federal Stage. Already CSQ applicants are delayed by Quebec. So anyone applying for CSQ in Regular Skilled Worker Category can expect a minimum delay of 14 (Federal)+ 6 (Quebec) = 20 months.

Quebec has almost stopped processing CSQ application from March 2017. No one has got any document checklist yet.

So thats why I am enquiring if we can go thru the Federal Express Entry route.
As far as my points are concerned, its way over the roof (10+ years exp + Bach. Comp Science + 1 year exp in Canada).

Its just bad luck that I am working in Quebec and have to wait 20 months for my PR.
If I was in any other province, I could have applied for Express Entry.
Ohhh....Now I understand the situation much better. Thanks for that.

Its better you apply to other province as Quebec immigration system is quite archaic and you never know
there might be more delay after these 20 months. Blokes here in govt. are like third world countries,

All the best

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
after several months delaying in my application, I even do not prospecting any processing of the application. Now, I find career development is much much more important than only applying of immigration, so focus on your daily job and looking for other good opportunities in your career might be better. As for the immigration application, well, who knows, I will not withdraw my submitted application, but I won't expect it as before. EE will be definitely a good way to go, if you could find a employer and the job fit you. Wish the best:)

haw23

Oct 16, 2017
Hi,
here is my very recent experience, maybe you will find it helpful. I became a temporary worker in Quebec in 2015. Decided I want to apply for PR not too long ago (end of year 2016.) I did not apply for CSQ, decided to go through express entry and move out of Quebec if required. I got selected and applied under the CEC class for PR in April 2017. The application went smoothly and I did my landing in Toronto few weeks ago. During all this time I was and I am still employed in Quebec. The officer in Toronto did not seem to care about my address being in Quebec.

So in short, you can get the federal PR even while still being in Quebec.

There is a downside, that I don't have the CSQ. So far I run into issue with RAMQ, that I am not eligible to get public health insurance in Quebec. You can pay for private health insurance though. Living and working here seems to be OK. There are probably other benefits I can not get, but as a short term solution I am fine with that.

If anyone has this experience - I don't know and would like to know, if there is any option to obtain CSQ after you became PR through other than Quebec classes?

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi,
here is my very recent experience, maybe you will find it helpful. I became a temporary worker in Quebec in 2015. Decided I want to apply for PR not too long ago (end of year 2016.) I did not apply for CSQ, decided to go through express entry and move out of Quebec if required. I got selected and applied under the CEC class for PR in April 2017. The application went smoothly and I did my landing in Toronto few weeks ago. During all this time I was and I am still employed in Quebec. The officer in Toronto did not seem to care about my address being in Quebec.

So in short, you can get the federal PR even while still being in Quebec.

There is a downside, that I don't have the CSQ. So far I run into issue with RAMQ, that I am not eligible to get public health insurance in Quebec. You can pay for private health insurance though. Living and working here seems to be OK. There are probably other benefits I can not get, but as a short term solution I am fine with that.

If anyone has this experience - I don't know and would like to know, if there is any option to obtain CSQ after you became PR through other than Quebec classes?
Thank you for the information. Its good to know there are success cases.

Were you asked your intentions to move out of Quebec ? Any letter or declaration that you had to make to the CIC ?

haw23

Oct 16, 2017
Thank you for the information. Its good to know there are success cases.

Were you asked your intentions to move out of Quebec ? Any letter or declaration that you had to make to the CIC ?
Yes, at the end of the process of my PR application, they asked for a notary verified letter of intention not to reside in Quebec. I provided a photocopy of the letter and very soon after my application was approved. (The letter was verified by a notary in Quebec.)

As for the content of the letter. I just wrote a few reasons why I don't plan to stay in Quebec, like me not speaking French, which kind of implies better quality of life in another province. I did not provide any proof of having friends or looking for a job in another province. The letter itself was sufficient.

On a side note, I really do intend to move out of Quebec, but I have a job here and more importantly apartment lease for a few more months. So ideally I want to stay here for that period of time. I was worried about not being able to stay longer than my work permit allows, but so far it seems to be fine.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Yes, at the end of the process of my PR application, they asked for a notary verified letter of intention not to reside in Quebec. I provided a photocopy of the letter and very soon after my application was approved. (The letter was verified by a notary in Quebec.)

As for the content of the letter. I just wrote a few reasons why I don't plan to stay in Quebec, like me not speaking French, which kind of implies better quality of life in another province. I did not provide any proof of having friends or looking for a job in another province. The letter itself was sufficient.

On a side note, I really do intend to move out of Quebec, but I have a job here and more importantly apartment lease for a few more months. So ideally I want to stay here for that period of time. I was worried about not being able to stay longer than my work permit allows, but so far it seems to be fine.
Thats really motivating. My problem is, I applied CSQ in Quebec, and as with everything wrong with Quebec, MIDI has stopped processing CSQ applications from March 2017. So I am stuck. I am starting to hate this province with its absurd language policies and racist attitudes towards immigrants.

Do you think my EE application will get rejected because I have applied for CSQ ? It was an unlucky move from my side.

haw23

Oct 16, 2017
Thats really motivating. My problem is, I applied CSQ in Quebec, and as with everything wrong with Quebec, MIDI has stopped processing CSQ applications from March 2017. So I am stuck. I am starting to hate this province with its absurd language policies and racist attitudes towards immigrants.

Do you think my EE application will get rejected because I have applied for CSQ ? It was an unlucky move from my side.
I agree, the immigration and language policy is strict, regardless of how much you may have contributed to the Quebec society in the past years. Having second hand CSQ experience from my friends made me not to apply for it. So I don't really have experience with applying for both EE and CSQ at the same time, even though I considered it at some point, I decied against it. Also some of the document requirements (like proofs of university degrees) are a bit different, so keep that in mind.

That being said, I think creating the profile and applying for EE is safe. If you calculate your points and check what was the minimum points limit for being accepted in the last round, which happens every 2-3 weeks, you can know if you get selected in the next round. Especially at the end of the year the minimum points required is lower, so the chances to get selected increase. You can find all this information on the CIC website.

You can consider trying the EE application and if you get selected, look for a way to cancel the CSQ application and apply for PR through the EE. If you do get selected, part of the application for the PR is an application letter. You can explain your situation there in detail. The CIC officers are people like us, so they can understand specific conditions. Still, I do recommend to follow the rules of the applications and to be honest in the process.

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I agree, the immigration and language policy is strict, regardless of how much you may have contributed to the Quebec society in the past years. Having second hand CSQ experience from my friends made me not to apply for it. So I don't really have experience with applying for both EE and CSQ at the same time, even though I considered it at some point, I decied against it. Also some of the document requirements (like proofs of university degrees) are a bit different, so keep that in mind.

That being said, I think creating the profile and applying for EE is safe. If you calculate your points and check what was the minimum points limit for being accepted in the last round, which happens every 2-3 weeks, you can know if you get selected in the next round. Especially at the end of the year the minimum points required is lower, so the chances to get selected increase. You can find all this information on the CIC website.

You can consider trying the EE application and if you get selected, look for a way to cancel the CSQ application and apply for PR through the EE. If you do get selected, part of the application for the PR is an application letter. You can explain your situation there in detail. The CIC officers are people like us, so they can understand specific conditions. Still, I do recommend to follow the rules of the applications and to be honest in the process.
Thanks for the info. How did your EE application go? Have you faced any problems regarding residence in QC? Thanks

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
There were no problems with living in QC during the entire process starting from EE to the end of PR application.
Dear haw23, Any idea risk factor on applying EE from Quebec. I am also 2 cases where they got a PR by EE. When i consulted few of my friends and in this forum too that it is too risky to file for EE from Quebec.

We are quite challenging situation since we applied QSW and in AOR status and cannot apply for EE now.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Wondering if sending "notary verified letter of intention not to reside in Quebec" in advance with initial application will reduce chances of rejection of EE applications sent by Quebec residents.

haw23

Oct 16, 2017
Dear haw23, Any idea risk factor on applying EE from Quebec. I am also 2 cases where they got a PR by EE. When i consulted few of my friends and in this forum too that it is too risky to file for EE from Quebec.

We are quite challenging situation since we applied QSW and in AOR status and cannot apply for EE now.
Not sure I understand what exactly AOR status is. Does that mean you are still waiting for CSQ? Or do you already have it and have applied for PR?