+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discuss Alternative routes for CSQ inland applicants.

haw23

Oct 16, 2017
Wondering if sending "notary verified letter of intention not to reside in Quebec" in advance with initial application will reduce chances of rejection of EE applications sent by Quebec residents.
I don't think including the letter changes your chances of successful application. But including that letter could make your application faster. If during your application you are being asked for additional documents, the further processing always takes extra time.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Not sure I understand what exactly AOR status is. Does that mean you are still waiting for CSQ? Or do you already have it and have applied for PR?
We already have a CSQ and filed for Federal application under QSW catagory

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hello all,

By this time, you might have all understood that CSQ inland applications from March 2017 have no movement and the CIC Federal process have screwed CSQ applicants by delaying the process by 14 months. So for a CSQ Quebec inland applicant, going by these current uncertainties and timelines there is no PR in the near future. This is in addition to the ironic fact that we are currently working in Quebec and contributing to the economy already.

It seems like neither Quebec immigration nor the Federal CIC looks like they care about CSQ applicants though both sides are boasting about increasing their immigration levels.

So I am opening this thread for alternative route for PR via the Express Entry stream. Main points are,

1. Can we apply Express Entry while CSQ application is in progress ?

I have read from this forum that many have applied successfully and got PR via Express Entry while residing in Quebec. The intention not to reside in Quebec have to be made clear and ideally should move out of Quebec once the PR is issued.

Can anyone throw more light on this ?
If there is a successful applicant like that, can you share your experience ?

2. Find a job outside Quebec, move, and apply Express Entry.

This step is a sure shot one. But the new employer will have to process LMIA and new work permit.

3. Move out of Canada and apply Express Entry through the CEC class.

This is the most preferable method with the only inconvenience that you have to resign your job and move out of the country. A little logistical discomfort.
I know couple of cases where folks have applied to EE ,while working and residing in quebec and it's kind of mixed results .. what i understood it totally depends on officer who is handling case and merit of the case as it's on their discretion( In one case couple work and reside in quebec and their application was rejected without even asking them of intention to proof that they will move outside ,usually before rejecting they usually ask applicant to show their intention of moving out of Quebec but in this case officer simply rejected , in another case i saw 2 of my colleagues got approved after showing their intention and steps they have taken to meet the intention and they got approved..

Reactions: skye and haw23

haw23

Oct 16, 2017
I see, since you already applied for PR through the QSW program, then making another application if you get selected through EE can raise some questions.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
You have to withdraw your federal application , you cannot have 2 applications at federal stage ..

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
2 applications in Federal Stage of the "same type/class"
2 applications in Federal Stage of the "same type/class"
its independent of type and class you cannot even have one application at federal stage as economic immigrant and other as sponsored family class ...

RK2017

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Calgary
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,
here is my very recent experience, maybe you will find it helpful. I became a temporary worker in Quebec in 2015. Decided I want to apply for PR not too long ago (end of year 2016.) I did not apply for CSQ, decided to go through express entry and move out of Quebec if required. I got selected and applied under the CEC class for PR in April 2017. The application went smoothly and I did my landing in Toronto few weeks ago. During all this time I was and I am still employed in Quebec. The officer in Toronto did not seem to care about my address being in Quebec.

So in short, you can get the federal PR even while still being in Quebec.

There is a downside, that I don't have the CSQ. So far I run into issue with RAMQ, that I am not eligible to get public health insurance in Quebec. You can pay for private health insurance though. Living and working here seems to be OK. There are probably other benefits I can not get, but as a short term solution I am fine with that.

If anyone has this experience - I don't know and would like to know, if there is any option to obtain CSQ after you became PR through other than Quebec classes?
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I am currently in Montreal( from Nov 2016) with work permit and now planning to apply for Federal PR. If my application is selected and granted PR can i still continue working in Montreal ? i understand that, RAMQ facility wont be available. are there any other services or benefits which i will not be eligible(bcoz of being Federal PR and working in Montreal). Kindly reply.

haw23

Oct 16, 2017
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I am currently in Montreal( from Nov 2016) with work permit and now planning to apply for Federal PR. If my application is selected and granted PR can i still continue working in Montreal ? i understand that, RAMQ facility wont be available. are there any other services or benefits which i will not be eligible(bcoz of being Federal PR and working in Montreal). Kindly reply.
There may be more. So far I only know of RAMQ. There are also some free French classes which you can not take without CSQ.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
There may be more. So far I only know of RAMQ. There are also some free French classes which you can not take without CSQ.
I thought we have to establish residence in Quebec and then RAMQ will issue healthcard. They denied health card just because you did not come thru CSQ route ?

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I don’t believe people applying for the CSQ through the PEQ program have to wait more than 20 days, correct me if I’m wrong?

Furthermore, where are you getting the 14 months wait time for the PR information from? I am getting my CSQ through the PEQ program and am now a little concerned that I’m going to have to wait forever to get my final PR.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I don’t believe people applying for the CSQ through the PEQ program have to wait more than 20 days, correct me if I’m wrong?

Furthermore, where are you getting the 14 months wait time for the PR information from? I am getting my CSQ through the PEQ program and am now a little concerned that I’m going to have to wait forever to get my final PR.
go here and punch in your details and it will show 14 months. Its CIC website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/times/index.asp

For PEQ category, it's fasttrack for CSQ, but many candidates are being cherry picked( systematic racism? ) for french language tests and rejected.

But Federal stage for Quebec applicants is now 14 months per CIC.

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
go here and punch in your details and it will show 14 months. Its CIC website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/times/index.asp

For PEQ category, it's fasttrack for CSQ, but many candidates are being cherry picked( systematic racism? ) for french language tests and rejected.

But Federal stage for Quebec applicants is now 14 months per CIC.
Thanks for the link.

I heard about the random interviews but from my understanding that’s mostly for students who did a shady French program and received mediocre marks. I am completing my French requirement at an accredited university (McGill) as an extension of my bachelor’s and am hoping I’ll be fine. If you have any advice that would be much appreciated!

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Thanks for the link.

I heard about the random interviews but from my understanding that’s mostly for students who did a shady French program and received mediocre marks. I am completing my French requirement at an accredited university (McGill) as an extension of my bachelor’s and am hoping I’ll be fine. If you have any advice that would be much appreciated!
nothing much, be wary of the federal timelines though. This thread is actually meant for Regular Inland CSQ applicants.

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
nothing much, be wary of the federal timelines though. This thread is actually meant for Regular Inland CSQ applicants.
Thanks.

So if I understand correctly I'll have the same 14 month wait time for the PR once I get my CSQ regardless of whether I got the CSQ through the PEQ program or the Regular CSQ path, right?