+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

different stages in background check

sysadmin141

Jul 18, 2017
NOC Code......
Eligibilty
Ok and this comes before, during or after background check? I'm currently on IP2 and an agent has informed me that I've passed the first part of background checks and second part will commence shortly. Does that mean Eligibility has also been passed?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Ok and this comes before, during or after background check? I'm currently on IP2 and an agent has informed me that I've passed the first part of background checks and second part will commence shortly. Does that mean Eligibility has also been passed?
Its usually Eligibility and Criminality first and then BGC. As you would have read above BGC is of 2 parts, Criminality and Security Check...

IP2 are user generated terms, these are not official IRCC chronology. You cannot decipher anything from the status messages of MyCIC login.
I know a forum member with an AoR from March 2018, who was in IP1 since Mid March went to IP2 2-3 weeks ago, but still has not received the PPR.
But then there are others who never saw IP2 even on the MyCIC login and go straightaway PPR.

If your Eligibility and Criminality is Passed (not recommended passed, or Met), then the Background Check/Security Check process starts. For most candidates Eligibility and Criminality is completed and the BGC does not take a lot of time, but then there are other who require extended background checks because of the nature of their travel history, country of origin, religion etc. comes in to play.

Reactions: lileka and Grechy7

sysadmin141

Jul 18, 2017
NOC Code......
Its usually Eligibility and Criminality first and then BGC. As you would have read above BGC is of 2 parts, Criminality and Security Check...

IP2 are user generated terms, these are not official IRCC chronology. You cannot decipher anything from the status messages of MyCIC login.
I know a forum member with an AoR from March 2018, who was in IP1 since Mid March went to IP2 2-3 weeks ago, but still has not received the PPR.
But then there are others who never saw IP2 even on the MyCIC login and go straightaway PPR.

If your Eligibility and Criminality is Passed (not recommended passed, or Met), then the Background Check/Security Check process starts. For most candidates Eligibility and Criminality is completed and the BGC does not take a lot of time, but then there are other who require extended background checks because of the nature of their travel history, country of origin, religion etc. comes in to play.
Elaborate stuff. Thanks for this. I'm only surprised that my file is still at CIO, Sydney at this point.

Ahmedhany84

May 8, 2018
Hi

BG and medical status and its meaning post-AOR Generally, your application will follow the below path after the submission. BG: Not Applicable (NA1) Medical passed – (MEP) BG: In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here. BG: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here. BG: In Progress (IP2) – BG: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come PPR: Passport Request CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence So it is in below order AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application. NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status. MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally. IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office). NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks. IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. These things will be done at CPC office. NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible is many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2. PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this. ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.
Dear

I need ur help here. I had submitted my application Nov17 and they requested more docs on Dec 17. Since then I have been waiting my status shows that my BG is being processed with no updates till now. Im applying under Ontario PNP and am not inland.
Any idea how long it takes or what can be done to expedite.

Also what is the probability for my application to be rejected?
Am really lost and need help. Appreciate it

Seem

Oct 22, 2015
Toronto
background check consists of two stages:
1. criminality - they check your police certificates, check with RCMP and FBI if you have any records.
2. security - other security agencies such as CBSA, CSIS, Interpol conduct this check, they check you in regards to your travels, work history, country of origin to make sure you are not a threat to Canadian security.

Work experience and education are checked in the eligibility stage which usually happens in parallel with criminality.
Hello,
Its regarding my Brother n sister in law immigration case. The status shows BGC is in process .What it means ? Are they close to PPR ?

martin89

Feb 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello,
Its regarding my Brother n sister in law immigration case. The status shows BGC is in process .What it means ? Are they close to PPR ?
Hello no one can predict how close they are. Some people get PPR within 2 weeks from IP2, some like me waiting for months its all depends on each cases My IP2 was on January but still in process. Tell them to be patient PPR is around corner. Cheers

Reactions: Grechy7

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello no one can predict how close they are. Some people get PPR within 2 weeks from IP2, some like me waiting for months its all depends on each cases My IP2 was on January but still in process. Tell them to be patient PPR is around corner. Cheers
Did you order CBSA notes ?

Johnexpressentrypnp

Aug 9, 2018
Hello experts,
I am a express entry pnp candidate.Here is my status now: could you guys tell me how close am I?

AOR: 23 August.
Medical passed: 18 September.
Background status: we are processing your background check. (18 September)
Thanks

aaquarius

May 23, 2018
Hello Guys,

I have got strange update in my status as below. Medical has not been passed yet, but my BG has changed to "We are processing your background check". Is it normal?

Thank you

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

babyteddybear

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hello Guys,

I have got strange update in my status as below. Medical has not been passed yet, but my BG has changed to "We are processing your background check". Is it normal?

Thank you

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Yes. everyone is the same.

Reactions: aaquarius