+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

different stages in background check

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
I was apply on 11 April 2017 , additional document and RFPR requared on 13 January , Medical 14 March and passed on 4 April, how far away I am with my application?
Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress.
nobody knows, sorry

Yazan Othman

Jun 24, 2018
I was apply on 11 April 2017 , additional document and RFPR requared on 13 January , Medical 14 March and passed on 4 April, how far away I am with my application?
Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress.

Please let me know if u had any update I’ve the same on my file .

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
I don't know what they will do with my application at backgound check stage: criminal or work experience or education so on, and how can they do ?
thanks
background check consists of two stages:
1. criminality - they check your police certificates, check with RCMP and FBI if you have any records.
2. security - other security agencies such as CBSA, CSIS, Interpol conduct this check, they check you in regards to your travels, work history, country of origin to make sure you are not a threat to Canadian security.

Work experience and education are checked in the eligibility stage which usually happens in parallel with criminality.

Yellowcat

Jun 20, 2018
1. criminality - they check your police certificates, check with RCMP and FBI if you have any records.
2. security - other security agencies such as CBSA, CSIS, Interpol conduct this check, they check you in regards to your travels, work history, country of origin to make sure you are not a threat to Canadian security.

Work experience and education are checked in the eligibility stage which usually happens in parallel with criminality.
thanks a lot for your info lileka

jacob goods

Jul 8, 2018
submitted application on march 27th, CEC-EE. medical passed, BG- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. which stage I'm in? IP2? when will I get PPR??
Hey John, how soon after did you receive your PPR? I’ve got the same scenario here. Thanks)

Zhabizz

Nov 19, 2017

Hi
Work experience and education are in the background check or eligibility?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi
Work experience and education are in the background check or eligibility?
Validity(duration of each role), NOC, Job Responsibilities in the work exp are all checked under Eligibility.
What BGC will do is to look at aspects during your work exp if you have been in contact with organizations and individuals which raises red flag...

e.g. you are selling equipment to various govt contract, military organization etc. It could be other examples as well...

You should not be worried about it as this normal process...

Last edited:
Reactions: lileka