+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made after Test?

Cndapp

Mar 9, 2016
Loriboo said:
I got the invitation by regular email? When I click on DM, no details about the oath date. they may update it later on.
Thank you so much. My status changed to "Decision Made" yesterday and no details come up when I click on it. So I am waiting to see what happens!

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm from Victoria. My status changed to DM in December 2015 with the new line added that the Decision was made and I should be contacted within three months.

No Oath invitation since then. I am worried because there will be ceremonies in mid March in Victoria and I am not invited.
Could anybody advise on how to proceed?

Is anybody here from Victoria or knows anything about processing for Victoria?

thanks

applied March 2012
got RQ January 2015
DM - December 2015
back to In Process - February 2016

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Grilka said:
I'm from Victoria. My status changed to DM in December 2015 with the new line added that the Decision was made and I should be contacted within three months.

No Oath invitation since then. I am worried because there will be ceremonies in mid March in Victoria and I am not invited.

thanks

applied March 2012

Have you called them yet ?? if not I suggest you call them, tell them you were told during your interview that you would have your oath feb/march and since the website shows technical error you just want to confirm the letter was not mailed. Try a few times usually after a few times someone helps out, also order ATIP just in case since it shows the result. I know they wanted to have all oaths in March thats why i was told i would get one and i might have to go to Nanaimo for it
got RQ January 2015
DM - December 2015

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Grilka said:

thanks

applied March 2012
got RQ January 2015
DM - December 2015
As you know, most of the CIC offices in western Canada are processing the Citizenship fast, Obviously they might have lot of candidates who are waiting to be scheduled for Citizenship Oath.

Few weeks back a candidate from Victoria had same concerns. Victoria has lot of candidates still waiting for Oath. Its almost 3 months, hopefully you can expect something very soon. ;D

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
As you know, most of the CIC offices in western Canada are processing the Citizenship fast, Obviously they might have lot of candidates who are waiting to be scheduled for Citizenship Oath.

Few weeks back a candidate from Victoria had same concerns. Victoria has lot of candidates still waiting for Oath. Its almost 3 months, hopefully you can expect something very soon. ;D
thank you for the info! It's so nice to know that I am not alone in this...

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you for reply.
I have already sent my ATIP.
Are yourself from Victoria? Is it normal practice to have your oath in different town (not the one you applied at)?

Do you know when there will be ceremonies in Nanaimo?

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Grilka said:

thanks

applied March 2012
got RQ January 2015

DM - December 2015

what is your test date . its weird u got RQ after 3years

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is your test date . its weird u got RQ after 3years
The test was 2 years ago. In January 2014.
My application is non-routine, so they dragged me for years.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Grilka said:
The test was 2 years ago. In January 2014.
My application is non-routine, so they dragged me for years.

this is really strange case . post test RQ after 1 year of test date ...................
by the way how did ur interview go with officer back in jan 2014 ( mind you if you still remember ;)

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJGGG said:
this is really strange case . post test RQ after 1 year of test date ...................
by the way how did ur interview go with officer back in jan 2014 ( mind you if you still remember ;)
I was RQed because I am short of days. It is a long story, but I had a pretty good reason to apply earlier.
Interview was fine in so much that the officer was friendly. But he did say that my case is irregular and I may need a meeting with CJ.
I never had the hearing with CJ. But I got a letter from an Citizenship Officer asking for more documents. It was in October 2015. I sent them and a month later I got Decision Made. Didn't get a refusal letter for almost 3 months, so I am hopeful.

It all would have been resolved by now if I haven't applied from Victoria.

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Grilka said:
thank you for reply.
I have already sent my ATIP.
Are yourself from Victoria? Is it normal practice to have your oath in different town (not the one you applied at)?

Do you know when there will be ceremonies in Nanaimo?

Nanaimo ceremonies are on March 17. I am from Victoria, but I had applied from Edmonton so my file was transferred from there to BCIS (itinerant services office I saw on the ATIP I had ordered). I got a call sometime in January from a private number asking if can go to Vancouver and when I said I might not he told me they don't have any dates in the near future for Victoria tests. When I gave my test in Feb it was announced that all applicants who are from the island should write their email address on the paper they are submitting.
And during the interview the officer said all looked goo and confirmed the email address gave me a letter congratulating me which said I would most likely be invited for a ceremony in either Victoria or Nanaimo week of March 14th if nothing else was wrong with my file. I asked her what I could do if I don't receive the email and she said check ECAS but since that's not updated it still shows last note of my exam date.

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VTG said:
Nanaimo ceremonies are on March 17. I am from Victoria, but I had applied from Edmonton so my file was transferred from there to BCIS (itinerant services office I saw on the ATIP I had ordered). I got a call sometime in January from a private number asking if can go to Vancouver and when I said I might not he told me they don't have any dates in the near future for Victoria tests. When I gave my test in Feb it was announced that all applicants who are from the island should write their email address on the paper they are submitting.
And during the interview the officer said all looked goo and confirmed the email address gave me a letter congratulating me which said I would most likely be invited for a ceremony in either Victoria or Nanaimo week of March 14th if nothing else was wrong with my file. I asked her what I could do if I don't receive the email and she said check ECAS but since that's not updated it still shows last note of my exam date.
thank you for the info. I guess, as usually, nothing we can do, but wait...

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Grilka said:
Best of luck, you should call its been more than 36 months, agents will be able to confirm if a letter was mailed..

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
VTG said:
I did test in Victoria last October 21,2015
Today I got my E-case online Decion made
Don't know if we got chance for the cermoney next week as the officer after my interview said it will be in Febraury or March
Best of luck to all of you guys

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
Grilka said:
10, 2016, 01:15:53 pm
I did test in Victoria last October 21,2015
Today I got my E-case online Decion made
Don't know if we got chance for the cermoney next week as the officer after my interview said it will be in Febraury or March
Good luck to all of you