+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made after Test?

Cndapp

Mar 9, 2016
YESSS, my eCAS just updated for my oath invitation on April 11, 2016. Here is my timeline

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 12, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 30, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on February 12, 2015.
4. We sent you a notice on April 13, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 27, 2015 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
5. We sent you a notice on March 22, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 11, 2016 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

Decision Made: March 8, 2016

eCAS updated for oath invitation: March 25, 2016

Appreciate all the help and inspiration this platform provided during my citizenship journey.

Wishing you all the best ;)

karliiita

Mar 22, 2016
Cndapp said:
YESSS, my eCAS just updated for my oath invitation on April 11, 2016. Here is my timeline

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 12, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 30, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on February 12, 2015.
4. We sent you a notice on April 13, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 27, 2015 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
5. We sent you a notice on March 22, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 11, 2016 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

Decision Made: March 8, 2016

eCAS updated for oath invitation: March 25, 2016

Appreciate all the help and inspiration this platform provided during my citizenship journey.

Wishing you all the best ;)

Congratulations! Where is your office at??

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
I don't understand what's happening with my case, I call them and they can't answer anything. My file was changed to "Decision Made" online middle of February 2016. It hasn't updated to anything since then. It's almost April 2016 now, and there are people in this thread getting much faster result, when they go from "Decision Made" to "Oath invitation". Was I rejected or something? They gave me "Decision Made" some weeks after mailing them my CIT 0520 form with documents. Anyone know what's the deal?

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anthony_nyc said:
I don't understand what's happening with my case, I call them and they can't answer anything. My file was changed to "Decision Made" online middle of February 2016. It hasn't updated to anything since then. It's almost April 2016 now, and there are people in this thread getting much faster result, when they go from "Decision Made" to "Oath invitation". Was I rejected or something? They gave me "Decision Made" some weeks after mailing them my CIT 0520 form with documents. Anyone know what's the deal?
I'm sitting on Decision made for some time too. My status changed to DM in December 2015. So you are not alone.
Unlikely you got rejected since you didn't receive refusal letter. I don't think it takes for CIC that long to mail you refusal.
I applied for ATIP. You may do the same to find out WHAT the decision actually is. That is the only way to do it.
Where is you office?

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Agree

Grilka said:
I'm sitting on Decision made for some time too. My status changed to DM in December 2015. So you are not alone.
Unlikely you got rejected since you didn't receive refusal letter. I don't think it takes for CIC that long to mail you refusal.
I applied for ATIP. You may do the same to find out WHAT the decision actually is. That is the only way to do it.
Where is you office?

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
I'm Montreal office, so yea I don't know what their deal is at this point. The longer this goes without explanation of what "decision made" is, the more it feels like bad news. I get what you said though.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
At least you all have DM in your status, but I have been waiting since Nov 2015 after appearing for 2nd test (passed) without any response what so ever.

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YNSAFDARI said:
At least you all have DM in your status, but I have been waiting since Nov 2015 after appearing for 2nd test (passed) without any response what so ever.
Decision Made doesn't necessarily mean the end. I've been waiting for 3 months so far since my ecas turned to DM. Some people wait even longer, up to 6 months. It all is the same - more waiting and no answers.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
You wait so long first to fulfil your residency obligation and than this waiting time for Citizenship, of even a year seems like ages.

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YNSAFDARI said:
You wait so long first to fulfil your residency obligation and than this waiting time for Citizenship, of even a year seems like ages.
One year is nothing! People are waiting for 4 to 6 years! I've been waiting since march 2012. It kind of becomes part of life eventually - constant waiting and not having the power to change anything.

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
We got DM in early Nov 15 and then nothing. End Jan 16 my wife got a letter for fingerprints. Once we sent that, then in end Feb, we got the oath letter for March 10th. My best guess it that DM is a positive sign. Two things happen after that. The decision is reviewed by another person/team within CIC to confirm the decision made is correct. Then the security clearances need to be reconfirmed. If any security clearance has lapsed, then there will be a wait time until they have been cleared again.
It was frustrating waiting after DM so I completely sympathise with all of you in the same boat. Hopefully your oath letter will arrive soon.

run_lola

Mar 31, 2016
I have applied for my citizenship in October 2014. I passed the test May 2015, and since I haven't heard anything. When I check online it says IN PROCESS. When I check processing times, it says that if you applied before April 2015 (which I did), decision should be made by March 31, 2016 and that's today.
Is anyone in a similar situation? I don't know what to do

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
run_lola said:
I have applied for my citizenship in October 2014. I passed the test May 2015, and since I haven't heard anything. When I check online it says IN PROCESS. When I check processing times, it says that if you applied before April 2015 (which I did), decision should be made by March 31, 2016 and that's today.
Is anyone in a similar situation? I don't know what to do
Same here, applied in Oct 2014, test June 2015. still 'in process'. If you check my other post you'll get the full picture (no FP or RQ).
Call agent told me today they will send another notice to the office where my file is located. Doubt it will change a thing.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Though not exactly same but, applied in Feb of 2015, 1st test in Sept 2015, where they requested extra docs, 2nd test in Nov 2015 where they said if everything ok than should get OATH in 3 to 5 months. And still waiting.