Decision Made after Test?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse had her Citizenship test on May 27 and today when we checked her online status, it says Decision Made... I was surprised to see that because typically its only after the oath, this status comes up? anyone in the same situation or any information on this?

she never received any RQ, normal case, interview was good...

any hints will be good...

we were anticipating that she will have the oath on July 1 (usually there is a ceremony)...

thnx

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sept15 said:
My spouse had her Citizenship test on May 27 and today when we checked her online status, it says Decision Made... I was surprised to see that because typically its only after the oath, this status comes up? anyone in the same situation or any information on this?

she never received any RQ, normal case, interview was good...

any hints will be good...

we were anticipating that she will have the oath on July 1 (usually there is a ceremony)...

thnx
When you click on Decision Made, what does it show?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
When you click on Decision Made, what does it show?
nothing new - the typical test invitation sentence (for may 27)... nothing new.

Ahmed127

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a similar situation.
I had my test May 29 in Mississauga and my Ecas shows decision made but no change in the content after : we sent you a test letter ...

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This might just be a strange setup in the status screen (i.e. sequence of the entries).

As per the CIC guidance, "decision made" can mean one of the following (quote):

You will be notified by mail about the decision on your citizenship application.

If you meet the requirements, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony where you will take the oath of citizenship and receive a certificate of Canadian citizenship.

If you do not meet the requirements, you will be informed in writing.

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
I did my test on the same date and I have exactly the same thing in my ecas. Saskatoon they added 3 oath ceremonies this month.. Lets hope its for us.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Seems the "Decision Made" status is happening a lot recently on citizenship applications. The status of my partner's application changed to "Decision Made" last Friday. My partner did the test three months ago. I hope this is good news...

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you all... we will let you know... hopefully its a good news...

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is good news. Citizenship officers can now approve applications on the spot during the post-test interview (the form/checklist they use contain that provision).

The only person that can deny an application is the Citizenship Judge, and it is highly unlikely, impossible in fact, that your application would make it to his/her desk in a couple of days and be denied without a hearing.

So congratulations are in order. Hopefully you will get your oath letter soon.

Reactions: saqibzamir

janoo

May 16, 2014
good to see things are moving fast and hope my case to be finish asap.

am waiting for 41 months.

file transferred to local office to arrange test/interview awaiting to hear from
local office and also in my atip report stated that require test/interview first
before residence assessment can carry out ? I do not understand my file
with them for 36 months they have still not asses my residence questionnaire issue..

Ahmed127

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mediGOL said:
Hi Ahmed,
Do not worry , it happened to me but received the letter for oath, then you will receive the letter soon.

Medigol
Hello Medigol,

Could you please let me know the time difference between (online Ecas Decision Made) and receiving the Oath Letter?
Also did your Ecas show (we sent you and oath invitation ....) after "decision made"?

Thanks a lot

Ahmed127

Ahmed