+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made after Test?

Chelovek

Feb 18, 2016
;D Hello folks.

just for fun I will tell you my story. I totally understand, I initiated this process in a bad moon phase ;D

1. Sent my mail with application - November 2012.

2. Mail ping-pong asking documents which were submitted but were not opened. In my eyes, my case is a regular - no US visits, I am a self-employed with work though bank only, no any "asks to help" - just pay may taxes from c level figures. Finally, the case was opened in March of 2013 when I created an index page with pointers for all smart people.

3. After one year I have got a letter for exam in Toronto. Passed 100% in April of 2014.
4. Finally, I have got a letter for ceremony in Mississauga in August of 2015. Sorry CIC, I was not able to attend it. Sent explanation. Got new data in September - the same story. Was not able. This part is totally on me. LOL. They did all "possible stuff" but I missed my train.

5. I hoped it could be fixed in a couple of months. But then we have got Liberals and Sirians. Sorry but here I have a conflict of interests. :-*

6. Recently got new status Decision Made. Definitely, it is a self-explaining phrase......

7. thought about how to cancel this story in my life. but keep trying to explain myself how it's difficult to evaluate so many people and increase Canadian diversity.

don't repeat my mistakes - check the moon calendar twice before you go to CIC.

ciao.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loriboo said:
I cleared my test on August 5 2015, no decision made, no oath invitation, no progress at all, it still said in process. I refuse to apply for ATI because I trust that it won't come with nothing I did not know already. I know Hamilton office is very slow and I am very jealous to see how West offices are moving very fast..
hello friend,
your case is straight fwd as you havent rcd any RQ pre or post test

you have also exceeded the 6 months window. have you tried calling cic or made inquiry thru web

my case quite similar , passed on nov 30 , still IP ....

Loriboo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
As everybody knows, I cleared my CIC test last year on august 5, its been over 6 months since then, I have not heard from CIC, as per online, I shoud get the Oath in 6 months, unfortunately, I have not received the oath invitation yet, When I called them, they said, everything is good in my file, they started a back ground/security check on February 9 this year, a decision will be made soon. I am wondering if anyone knows what is back ground/Security check and How long it takes?

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loriboo said:
As everybody knows, I cleared my CIC test last year on august 5, its been over 6 months since then, I have not heard from CIC, as per online, I shoud get the Oath in 6 months, unfortunately, I have not received the oath invitation yet, When I called them, they said, everything is good in my file, they started a back ground/security check on February 9 this year, a decision will be made soon. I am wondering if anyone knows what is back ground/Security check and How long it takes?
thanks for your prompt reply . wishing you good luck and quick decision on your file .
what was the feed back of CO during intvw . did he give any hint or doubt while reviewing your travel history

Loriboo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Feedback was very great with CIC argent. she told me I would receive the Oath invitation between 8 and 12 weeks.. I understand Hamilton Office is very slow. We have 1 cic judge for 2 cities (Hamilton and Niagara falls).

CANADAPATRIOT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Yukaa08 said:
Hello Everybody I just want to share my timeline

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 16, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 30, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on December 2, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on January 4, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 18, 2016 at 12:27 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. Decision made January 21, 2016

Does decision made means I'm going to be invited for the oath taking? or is there any possibility that I will get a letter that I need some more documents? (The citizenship officer told me that it depends on Edmonton's budget on how long I have to wait for the Oath taking.) other than that he told me file was good to go and I just have to wait.
Applied in Nov 2015 and decision in January???? You seem luckiest one

Loriboo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
My online status (Ecas) Just changed from in process to Decision Made. Does anyone know how long it takes from DM to oath latter? (Hamilton Office)

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loriboo said:
My online status (Ecas) Just changed from in process to Decision Made. Does anyone know how long it takes from DM to oath latter? (Hamilton Office)
well lot of congrats... you may have the oath letter in your mailbox shortly . keep us updated

victoria2016

Feb 29, 2016
Loriboo said:
Loriboo,

When you click DM, does it show any further information or just stays the same?

Thanks.

Loriboo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
No further information when I click on Decision made, it just stays the same (No oath date, no anything)..

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 26, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 8, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 26, 2015.
We sent you a notice on July 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 5, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Loriboo said:
Congrats !!!, its good news, your Oath invitation is on the way. Depending upon your local office work load and number of the candidates waiting for the Oath it would be scheduled.

Loriboo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
I just received the invitation to appear to take the Oath on March 22. Thanks so much Guys for your help and I will keep praying for all fellow who have been struggling with CIC. Thanks so much

Cndapp

Mar 9, 2016
Loriboo said:
I just received the invitation to appear to take the Oath on March 22. Thanks so much Guys for your help and I will keep praying for all fellow who have been struggling with CIC. Thanks so much
Hello and congrats :)

Did you get the invitation by email? When you click on DM, do you see anything about the oath date?

Loriboo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
I got the invitation by regular email? When I click on DM, no details about the oath date. they may update it later on.