+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

Mickey9

Feb 9, 2020
So got my app returned today because of a missing signature for my Open work permit. No where does it say I have to sign it, I only electronically signed it. Everything else was there that they needed. So another $45 to send it out. They couldnt just email me and be like we need you to sign the OWP and email it back? Waiting game continues.
When you looked at Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker form [IMM 5710] again on page 5 of 6 , there is a box Signature of Application where they asked for your signature.
Did they send your sponsorship application back? I heard that they do separate Spousal Application and OWP.
Sorry to hear about that.

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
When you looked at Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker form [IMM 5710] again on page 5 of 6 , there is a box Signature of Application where they asked for your signature.
Did they send your sponsorship application back? I heard that they do separate Spousal Application and OWP.
Sorry to hear about that.
Yes, in the box I typed my name as you are allowed to. It says it is considered an electronic signature { i'm assuming for those that apply online}, but I printed it out as is, without hand signing it. They sent back the complete package over this. It would've taken them less than 5 minutes to write me and let me email it to them that same day..than throwing my package to someone else to have it sent back to me. Everything so far has been a total mess, I wanted to give up and just sponsor my husband for the States but he insists on remaining in Canada. So we sent it out the same day we got it (Jan 23) they received on Jan 27th and just waiting to see what happens. Thank you for the reply.

Mickey9

Feb 9, 2020
Yes, in the box I typed my name as you are allowed to. It says it is considered an electronic signature { i'm assuming for those that apply online}, but I printed it out as is, without hand signing it. They sent back the complete package over this. It would've taken them less than 5 minutes to write me and let me email it to them that same day..than throwing my package to someone else to have it sent back to me. Everything so far has been a total mess, I wanted to give up and just sponsor my husband for the States but he insists on remaining in Canada. So we sent it out the same day we got it (Jan 23) they received on Jan 27th and just waiting to see what happens. Thank you for the reply.
I can understand, when it allow to type your name, it does as electronic signature. However, they put an Important Note below This application must be signed , so who checked it they will assume Signature of Application by hand. Because When they set up "If signatures are missing, we will return the application without processing it." their officer will follow it up, some of them didn't think twice, it can reduce their work in couple weeks when the application is sent back.

Jshree999

Jan 28, 2019
Hello everyone.

Can anyone please enlighten me about CSQ request from IRCC, is it true that after getting the CSQ only we will be able for the OWP ?

Thank you :)

b4evergrace

Star Member
May 31, 2019
I can understand, when it allow to type your name, it does as electronic signature. However, they put an Important Note below This application must be signed , so who checked it they will assume Signature of Application by hand. Because When they set up "If signatures are missing, we will return the application without processing it." their officer will follow it up, some of them didn't think twice, it can reduce their work in couple weeks when the application is sent back.
Well it's over and done with now.

venm

May 4, 2017
Hi Guys!! My application received on dec 31 2020, applied spousal sponsorship. but did not put an application for OWP, since my spouse has OWP till end of July 2020. but i saw how the applications are moving(very slow).Taking minimum of 7-8 months. now iM worried that my spouse OWP will expire before PR approved. So, now i want to apply for OWP. how can i apply now? is it gonna be online or paper? please advice . thank you

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
-My Spousal PR and OWP applications was received December 30th, 2019.
-I applied for extension of stay on December 31st, 2019 for supposed January 5th, 2020 expiration.
-Linked my PR application on February 26th, 2020.
-OWP linked Feb 28th, 2020.
-Medical examination request March 10th, 2020
-Medical examination done on March 11th, 2020.
-Extension of stay approved today March 12th, 2020.

Last edited:

Mickey9

Feb 9, 2020
-My Spousal PR and OWP applications was received December 30th, 2019.
-I applied for extension of stay on December 31st, 2019 for supposed January 5th, 2020 expiration.
-Linked my PR application on February 26th, 2020.
-OWP linked Feb 28th, 2020.
-Medical examination request March 10th, 2020
-Medical examination done on March 10th, 2020.
-Extension of stay approved today March 12th, 2020.
Congrats!

lovesdogs

Mar 10, 2020
I have two dates, one for the PR application that was rec'd Dec 4th and the Work permit application which says it was received Nov 27th so I am not sure which date people are using to count down from on the spreadsheet? The work permits approved today say Nov 13th, is that the PR date received or the OWP date received? Really hoping for approval within the next 2 weeks.