+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

lovesdogs

Mar 10, 2020
I noticed on the OWP it now says for paper applications (had to submit by paper with PR) that they are working on applications received on Oct 15th and average time is 137 days? This has gone backwards? Two weeks ago it said they were working on applications received Oct 30th and the average time to complete was 108 days? I expected by now this would have moved to about Nov 21-30 received applications. Did anyone else also notice this?

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
I noticed on the OWP it now says for paper applications (had to submit by paper with PR) that they are working on applications received on Oct 15th and average time is 137 days? This has gone backwards? Two weeks ago it said they were working on applications received Oct 30th and the average time to complete was 108 days? I expected by now this would have moved to about Nov 21-30 received applications. Did anyone else also notice this?
@lovesdogs
From the spreadsheet, I have seen that November 13th applicants are getting their OWP approvals.

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
I am surprised to receive a medical examination request for my extension of stay just now. My Spousal PR and OWP applications was received December 30th, 2019.
I applied for extension of stay on December 31st, 2019.
Linked my PR application on February 26th, 2020. OWP link Feb 28th, 2020.
Medical examination request March 10th, 2020

Mickey9

Feb 9, 2020
No, people that have applied on November are getting OWP now, so we still have to wait.
The last person who got their WOP waited 115 days since the day they applied. I am in the 96° day yet.
So they didn't ask OWP checklist in your application.

Last edited:

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Please does anybody know if IRCC would use the same medical examination for extension of stay application for the PR application since both applications are in process. Although the medical request came under my extension of stay application.
Please let me know if anyone has any idea.

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
You can do one medical exam for both but you have to let the doctor know that & you give your UCI# & Application# to them.

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
@Eli51
Thank you for the answer. The hospital demanded my UCI# but not application#. Maybe I should call back to give my application number. The medical examinations are going cost $550. Is expensive in North Bay city in Ontario. Toronto is about $290

ssupr2020

Feb 3, 2020
I am surprised to receive a medical examination request for my extension of stay just now. My Spousal PR and OWP applications was received December 30th, 2019.
I applied for extension of stay on December 31st, 2019.
Linked my PR application on February 26th, 2020. OWP link Feb 28th, 2020.
Medical examination request March 10th, 2020
Hey, can you please let me know the process to link OWP application?

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hey, can you please let me know the process to link OWP application?
@ssupr2020

Please find how to link the OWP below.
This might help:
First, go to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Scroll down and click on Continue with GCKey
Sign in or Sign up and then Sign in with the Principal Applicants credentials (yours)
Click on Add (link) your application to your account
Select Category: Temporary Residence
Sub Category: Work Permit and Extension
Select: UCI and Family Name
UCI: Fill in the Principal Applicant's UCI Number (yours - should be the same 8 digit number on your Visitor's Visa)
Family Name: Fill in the Principal Applicant's last name (yours)
Select: Passport (yours) and fill in the details
Select Work Permit Type: Open (initial application or extension)
Current Country of Residence: Canada (if you are Inland applicant; otherwise, your current country of residence)
Current Marital Status: Married or Common-law
Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Applied for PR as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada