+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

JadeAkins

Nov 15, 2019
December 2019 applicant sent all required documents and still haven’t heard back, MP says everything looks good with application only left for them to make a decision but still nothing yet after over 2years

zoiiz

Feb 28, 2022
Hello guys!

On Feb 25, 2021 we got an update that a decision has been made.
On March 2, I received another email saying there has been an update.

On my IRCC account, the final decision states:
  • March 1, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Under Document Status, it mentions "Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)" valid until 2022/02/16

Which is great and got us so excited... however the eCAS states:
  • 6. You entered Canada at the Vancouver Immigration office on March 1, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.
Which is weird because we have not traveled or anything of the sort on that date. We applied inland on December 2019, and the most recent entry to Canada (at the Vancouver airport) was Jan 04, 2020 when we came back from a vacation.

I was wondering if someone here experienced the same?

EDIT:
We also did not receive a copy of COPR by mail or email.
Hi Marso, I hope you and your wife are enjoying Canada. I've been reading your posts as I am in the exact same situation as you did back in 2014. Did you include your then-partner as a common law partner and the officer didn't acknowledge the relationship or did she apply for spousal open work permit back then and came to Canada and you got married and sponsored her pr application? I would truly appreciate if you could kindly provide more context here to guide ppl like us. Thank you very much!