+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2019 Inland Spousal Application (With or Without OWP)

lovesdogs

Mar 10, 2020
Does anyone know how long between getting a message they are reviewing eligibility on the OWP until it gets approved? Thanks

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Does anyone know how long between getting a message they are reviewing eligibility on the OWP until it gets approved? Thanks
@lovesdogs unfortunately can't tell but I presume reviewing of eligibility stays like that until about the time decision would be made.

Last edited:

lovesdogs

Mar 10, 2020
@lovesdogs unfortunately can't tell but I presume reviewing of eligibility stays like that until about the time decision would be made.
Thanks and yes I understand that would be the case I just wondered how long that process was so I know when they start the review if its another week or 2 or three before it is approved.

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Thanks and yes I understand that would be the case I just wondered how long that process was so I know when they start the review if its another week or 2 or three before it is approved.
@lovesdogs could be within the weeks you mentioned since BC goes on before Eligibility review. I am optimistic that my OWP will be approved mid to end of April.

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Any idea where they are on OWP? We sent in December 5th and are still waiting to hear on it.
Hello, last set of ppl
Whose OWP was approved is app sent on Nov 18th 2019. Now tricky part is for whom it was approved they haven’t got OWP in mail. For some they got OWP and they can’t apply for SIN as service Canada is closed. We can’t do anything now. Jus wait !! Nothing else !! Making us mad

Reactions: hiwilley

nickbroken

Mar 10, 2019
Hello, last set of ppl
Whose OWP was approved is app sent on Nov 18th 2019. Now tricky part is for whom it was approved they haven’t got OWP in mail. For some they got OWP and they can’t apply for SIN as service Canada is closed. We can’t do anything now. Jus wait !! Nothing else !! Making us mad
So waiting game huh? I think one service Canada is opened where I live, the rest are closed in the city tho. Meh

BrizoAthena

Aug 18, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Doc's Request.
27-08-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
Med's Request
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
31-08-2018
Hi guys,

I am sponsoring my husband which IRCC received our application on December 20th, 2019 and online it dated that acknowledge receipt on February 21, 2020. Any idea that how long is the wait for to receive the open work permit?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I am thinking about applying for the open work permit now, as I have my PGWP up to November and I think processing could go on a lot longer now (hopefully not). I know people have said I can just apply for an extension to PGWP (which will be rejected) and be on implied status. I'm not sure about that one (just my paranoia).
I read on website about different ways of doing it for Approved in Principle and not Approved in Principle. This is what site says:

Approved in principle / Approval in principle (AIP)
Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:

• you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.
I have not had a letter, but I still have medica, security and security checks to go through.

Firstly, how can we be approved if the checks are still to take place?
Secondly, how does the AIP show online?

Tbh I would rather apply online for it, but just wanted to know if anyone knows about the AIP first.

Cheers

jasminehatts

Apr 9, 2020
Hi all,
I'm a december 2019 application with without OWP. Is medical the next step after AOR or is it the background check? Looking at the spreadsheet, none of the November applicants have got medical request either.

My Background check currently says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" but it says I don't need a medical test ("You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes")
What does this mean? Will the background check change to something else when it actually starts processing? When does the sponsor approval happen during this process?