+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 Laid OFF PNP employer based program connect here..!!

rickyhai11

Jan 12, 2018
Hi guys... so I have been nominated by BCPNP with open wp. I got laid off recently, and I informed them.
Then I received an email as below a few days ago.

Thank you for notifying us of the change to your employment. The information has been added to your file.

As a nominee, you are expected to continue to meet the conditions of nomination, including demonstrating your intent to reside and the ability to economically establish in B.C. in order for the BC PNP to continue to support your nomination.

Important information:

• You must submit your permanent residency (PR) application to Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) before the expiry date of your Confirmation of Nomination.
  • As part of the PR review process, IRCC may contact the BC PNP to confirm your employment and nomination details.
  • You must continue to meet the conditions of your nomination which includes maintaining full-time employment in B.C.
  • In the event of a loss of employment, it is our expectation that you will seek alternate employment in B.C.
  • We may consider changes in employment provided the new position continues to meet the requirements for nomination and you can demonstrate you have the ability to economically establish in B.C.
For the most up-to-date information about the BC PNP, please visit our website.
Thank you for your interest in the BC Provincial Nominee Program.

I'm just trying to figure out what this email means. It sounds very general..?
They didn't really say how many days are given to me to find a new job.
I'm not sure this is good news or bad news for me. I did send them an email with a lot of questions, but I wonder when they will get back to me haha..
It seems that they are highly supportive and understand your circumstance with COVID-19 as well as how hard to secure a job in current situation. They did not mention the time limit for seeking a job meant that they gave your unlimited time but they also expected you to find a job with your best effort ASAP. They probably inquiry about employment status at later stage by sending an email or call you.
When did you get nominated from BC PNP? and which stream you were in (EE BC PNP or Paper based SI BC PNP) ?
Did you submit your PR application to IRCC? what stage it is now?
I am from BC PNP as well. Thanks

Reactions: wherethestorystarts

wherethestorystarts

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
It seems that they are highly supportive and understand your circumstance with COVID-19 as well as how hard to secure a job in current situation. They did not mention the time limit for seeking a job meant that they gave your unlimited time but they also expected you to find a job with your best effort ASAP. They probably inquiry about employment status at later stage by sending an email or call you.
When did you get nominated from BC PNP? and which stream you were in (EE BC PNP or Paper based SI BC PNP) ?
I hope what you read is right.
As for the questions you asked, I remember I got nominated in January. After that, I got invited in February and got AOR in March. I'm in EEBC PNP stream. I got BIL but as its is impossible to make an appointment in Service Canada, I'm just waiting for them to open again.
Hope this answer helps!

rickyhai11

Jan 12, 2018
I hope what you read is right.
As for the questions you asked, I remember I got nominated in January. After that, I got invited in February and got AOR in March. I'm in EEBC PNP stream. I got BIL but as its is impossible to make an appointment in Service Canada, I'm just waiting for them to open again.
Hope this answer helps!
Cool! I am on the same boat. Same AOR. Do you use WhatsApp? if yes, you can connect me at 236-868-2256. We can keep in touch and inform to each other.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Alberta is different,majority of applicants that lost their job are going to have their nominations withdrawn.It will be an upheal task to get a job in 60 calendar days.Take away the weekends and you really only have 44 days. If you applied to BC or Saskatchewan,then your extremely lucky,you have more than enough time to get another job.

Last edited:

rickyhai11

Jan 12, 2018
Alberta is different,majority of applicants that lost their job are going to have their nominations withdrawn.It will be an upheal task to get a job in 60 calendar days.Take away the weekends and you really only have 44 days. If you applied to BC or Saskatchewan,then your extremely lucky,you have more than enough time to get another job.
Not really true. As for all AINP EE they will not be affected by employment status change. this was confirmed by AINP officer.

Reactions: momonist

Mojgankh

Apr 13, 2020
I am under the PR processing with the BCPNP tech pilot (paper based), with the BCPNP work permit support letter, I got my WP on February 2020 for 2 years. My WP is close, and unfortunately, I laid off on March 15th due the Covide.

I recently find the new employer that would like to support my application, but I do not have any idea how long it is going to be take that the BCPNP approve the change of employer?
I need to apply for the new WP and change the condition of my employer.
Does anyone have the same situation?
Thanks

rickyhai11

Jan 12, 2018
Submit employment change via BC PNP online account with required documents. it will not take long 1-2 weeks to get approval and update from BC PNP. Then you can call IRCC ask about changing employer name on your WP.

Reactions: Mojgankh

JOSECESAR88

Jul 13, 2018
Hey can somebody advice?

I was selected under Alberta express entry, an officer asked me for last 3 pay stubs. I was not laid off during March due COVID however my contract will expire next month. As of now (Assesment of my application) I am eligible, however the officer knows that my contract will end next month.

What are the chances to receive nomination? I'm afraid they will put me on hold or deny my nomination

Mojgankh

Apr 13, 2020
Submit employment change via BC PNP online account with required documents. it will not take long 1-2 weeks to get approval and update from BC PNP. Then you can call IRCC ask about changing employer name on your WP.
I submitted the change of employment on my BCPNP portal last week, and sent them an email for a urgent request for processing. They replied today me, Please allow up to approximately three months for the review of your request. It is ridiculous.
It was so hard for me to receive a job offer and find an employer that meets the BC PNP's requirements, and my employment for new company will commence on August 4th.

Does anyone have an same experience to change an employer? any estimate for processing time?

rickyhai11

Jan 12, 2018
I submitted the change of employment on my BCPNP portal last week, and sent them an email for a urgent request for processing. They replied today me, Please allow up to approximately three months for the review of your request. It is ridiculous.
It was so hard for me to receive a job offer and find an employer that meets the BC PNP's requirements, and my employment for new company will commence on August 4th.

Does anyone have an same experience to change an employer? any estimate for processing time?
You dont have to worry, your PR application is in-process and you have updated employment status with BC PNP then you are in good shape. Just wait for PR. Trust me! take it easy :)

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.