+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 Laid OFF PNP employer based program connect here..!!

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I just got laid off and have informed IRCC and my province. I have no employer restirctions and an open work permit- currently waiting to hear back from them.

davidITD

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
I just got laid off and have informed IRCC and my province. I have no employer restirctions and an open work permit- currently waiting to hear back from them.
what did you do exactly?? did you apply for a new work permit? or you have open permit from the beginning?

I have a closed permit and was laid-off, I know that i can apply to an open permit but I need some requirements first

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
what did you do exactly?? did you apply for a new work permit? or you have open permit from the beginning?

I have a closed permit and was laid-off, I know that i can apply to an open permit but I need some requirements first
I am on PGWP and have a open work permit.

Jsainbhi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Do you already have pnp and applied for PR right???? Did you already got AOR

davidITD

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
this is the automatic reply from BCPNP, I have to say that I was nominated on 2018, my PR is almost done, I have already submitted our copies of the passports on March 12 2020:

**********PLEASE DO NOT REPLY - this is an automatically generated email**********
Thank you for contacting the BC Provincial Nominee Program. This automated reply confirms that we have received your email.
Please be advised that we are experiencing a high volume of inquiries. We appreciate your patience as we aim to respond to inquiries within 5 business days.
Do you have a post-nomination request?
If you have been nominated, and if any of the following apply, you will need to submit a post-nomination request:
* your employment status has changed (i.e. you have been promoted, changed employers, terminated, laid off, on extended leave, or if the business has closed or changed ownership)
* your work permit will expire within 180 days
* your application for permanent residence is returned as incomplete (under section 10 of the Immigration Refugees and Protection Regulation). The BC PNP may extend a nomination only in exceptional circumstances.

Please access Post-Nomination support via My Dashboard on BCPNP Online<https://www.pnpapplication.gov.bc.ca/user/sign-in>. You will need to email PNPPostNom@gov.bc.ca<mailto:PNPPostNom@gov.bc.ca> if there is a change in your family makeup or if you were nominated with a paper-based application (submitted before July 2015).

For time sensitive post-nomination requests, we strongly encourage you to submit your requests early to allow us enough time to process<https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/Processing-Times>.

Are you emailing about your post-nomination request status?
Information about estimated post-nomination request processing times is available on our website<https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/Processing-Times>.

Please note that the BC PNP will not respond to inquiries about the status of a post-nomination request if it was submitted within the processing times posted on the website.

Do you have a question about your nominated file?
Please provide the following information:
* Your full name
* Your date of birth (DD/MMM/YYYY) e.g. 01 JAN 1981
* Your BC PNP file number
* Description of your inquiry

Please note that if you are inquiring about your nominated file, the email address used for the inquiry must match the email address entered for the applicant or the representative in the BCPNP Online profile.
Please refer to the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Post-Nomination Guide<https://www.welcomebc.ca/immigrate-to-b-c/b-c-provincial-nominee-program/documents> for full details about post-nomination requests.

Sincerely,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

How do you qualify for an open work permit? Only available in limited circumstances. Do you think your employer will rehire you?

davidITD

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
How do you qualify for an open work permit? Only available in limited circumstances. Do you think your employer will rehire you?
the government has implemented a new policy durint this time, for those with closed permit who were laid-off and have a new job offer

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit/changing-employment.html#s2

Tinytown

Aug 26, 2019
Hi All.

Good news. I received a response from AINP officer. Although, I was laid off, the Alberta will continue to maintain my nomination without any condition. The reason is although I was laid off during this pandemic time, the new AINP rules do not apply to my case as my nomination was issued before April 30, 2020.
I just wanted to tell everyone that do not worry too much and think positively. PR applications will be assessed based on a case by case basis. Do not let any negative comments kill your hope.

Reactions: assen89

Orca33

Feb 13, 2020
Hi All.

Good news. I received a response from AINP officer. Although, I was laid off, the Alberta will continue to maintain my nomination without any condition. The reason is although I was laid off during this pandemic time, the new AINP rules do not apply to my case as my nomination was issued before April 30, 2020.
I just wanted to tell everyone that do not worry too much and think positively. PR applications will be assessed based on a case by case basis. Do not let any negative comments kill your hope.
Thanks for posting this info. Unfortunately as of next week i fear that I may end up in the same situation and will be laid off with my PR application being processed and having an AINP nomination. Would you mind pasting the letter you received here for peace of mind?
My nomination was also issued before April 30th, but if i were to inform them of temporary lay off (if it happens) and they decide to give me a time limit to find a new job to fulfil program requirements.. that could make things tricky.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All.

The provinces seem to be changing some of their initial reactions that people who were laid off would have 2/3 months to return back to work or find another employer.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks for posting this info. Unfortunately as of next week i fear that I may end up in the same situation and will be laid off with my PR application being processed and having an AINP nomination. Would you mind pasting the letter you received here for peace of mind?
My nomination was also issued before April 30th, but if i were to inform them of temporary lay off (if it happens) and they decide to give me a time limit to find a new job to fulfil program requirements.. that could make things tricky.
Is your nomination tied to your employer or do you have an open work permit?