+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 Laid OFF PNP employer based program connect here..!!

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
is there anybody who have lost their job due to covid 19? and applied for PNP or after the pnp process please join here.

Gurmi

Feb 20, 2020
Hi
I have same situation I also got temporary laid off from my work due to covid 19 because there is not much work they told us they will call us back when all will be fine but I just want to will affect my PR application ??
I have applied PR from November 2019
Pls reply Iam so worried

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nobody seems to have the answer yet and whether any exceptions will be made. You must notify CIC that your work status has changed and that you have been laid off. You can indicate if they plan on recallung you if you want. Please post the answer if someone gets a reply from CIC. They are receiving a huge volume of webforms so all you can do is send in one webform and wait.

Reactions: Ravi saab

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
Hi
I have same situation I also got temporary laid off from my work due to covid 19 because there is not much work they told us they will call us back when all will be fine but I just want to will affect my PR application ??
I have applied PR from November 2019
Pls reply Iam so worried
As per nomination we are supposed to inform the Province and keep our conditions of the employment until we get our PR. However, this ependamic is world wide hence the mayor of the province implemented lockdown to close non-essential business. it is not our fault. And i have also sent an email to the my province almost a month ago, that i have been laid off due to COVID19 they haven't replied me as yet. so there is hope.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
Nobody seems to have the answer yet and whether any exceptions will be made. You must notify CIC that your work status has changed and that you have been laid off. You can indicate if they plan on recallung you if you want. Please post the answer if someone gets a reply from CIC. They are receiving a huge volume of webforms so all you can do is send in one webform and wait.
yes you are right, hopefully we ll get something by tuesday.

Reactions: Sharkontario

wulisarah13

Mar 23, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have same situation with you guys. I got my nomination letter and I mailed my PR application in March then I got laid off.
I emailed to PNP office (AB) about my employment status due to COVID-19.
This is the answer that I received :
Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated on your employment status. The AINP will continue to support your nomination as you met the working requirements at the time of assessment. Be sure to keep us informed once your employment resumes.
I understand that this is a difficult situation. I hope you are able to stay safe and healthy.

I think they are pretty understanding for this epidemic. :)

Amybarar03

Feb 7, 2019
No exceptions will be made checked with CIC if you are temporary worker being laid on Temporarily or permanent you need to provide new employement letter from your employer in 45 days can be extended to 90

Reactions: canuck78

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
No exceptions will be made checked with CIC if you are temporary worker being laid on Temporarily or permanent you need to provide new employement letter from your employer in 45 days can be extended to 90
If the Province supports your nomination can CIC still reject your application? Also, does the requirement apply to closed and open work permit holders.

Amybarar03

Feb 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have same situation with you guys. I got my nomination letter and I mailed my PR application in March then I got laid off.
I emailed to PNP office (AB) about my employment status due to COVID-19.
This is the answer that I received :
Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated on your employment status. The AINP will continue to support your nomination as you met the working requirements at the time of assessment. Be sure to keep us informed once your employment resumes.
I understand that this is a difficult situation. I hope you are able to stay safe and healthy.

I think they are pretty understanding for this epidemic. :)
i got the same reply from PNP office but check with CIC

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
You are wrong sir
When you apply for Nomination your workplace and your job related details are cross checked with your Province. then nomination is issued by the province. However, when you prepare file for permanent residence as per the checklist there is no information about the job letter except in background declaration form. the standard you wrote above is for normal conditions. i have checked with the IRCC they ll support the application.

Gurmi

Feb 20, 2020
You are wrong sir
When you apply for Nomination your workplace and your job related details are cross checked with your Province. then nomination is issued by the province. However, when you prepare file for permanent residence as per the checklist there is no information about the job letter except in background declaration form. the standard you wrote above is for normal conditions. i have checked with the IRCC they ll support the application.

bro Iam in same situation can u pls tell us what u asked ircc and what they replied you ?? Pls bro we are so worried

Reactions: assen89

Amybarar03

Feb 7, 2019
You are wrong sir
I got the clear email from CIC my friend that if you employed under job offer category and you are laid off in between you need to submit new job offer to make you eligible for PR under Employment based category not all the categories

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
I got the clear email from CIC my friend that if you employed under job offer category and you are laid off in between you need to submit new job offer to make you eligible for PR under Employment based category not all the categories
How the hell we supposed to get new job offer while the premier of the Province has declared the state of emergency and to close all the non essential business??

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020

bro Iam in same situation can u pls tell us what u asked ircc and what they replied you ?? Pls bro we are so worried
I asked i am laid off due to the situation they said you were eligible when you get nomination hence you are eligible for permanent residency so. If your province continue to support your nomination then you PR application wil be processed and valid. But you have to inform PNP office because sooner or later they will find out and you may be questioned.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Do you mean if your nomination is closed and tied to an employer? Or this does requirement also apply to Post Graduate Work Permit students with no restrictions on employment.

There are two contradictions on this thread. You are saying you have 45-90 days to get another job and another person is stating as long as the province supports your nomination IRCC will not reject your application.

Thousands of nominees would have lost their jobs because of the pandemic. I don't think they will that cruel to give you 45-90 days to get another job, especially when non-essential businesses might be closed until possibly September.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharkontario