+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 Laid OFF PNP employer based program connect here..!!

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020

rickyhai11

Jan 12, 2018
They told me I have 60 days to get another job or they will withdraw my nomination.
It's so strange. As you were nominated by AINP, previous comment from one of member who got nominated from AINP as well, clearly stated that losing job would not have any negative effect on your IRCC PR application and Alberta province continued to support that guy. How come this happens to you?

rickyhai11

Jan 12, 2018
@assen89
Good news. I received a response from AINP officer. Although, I was laid off, the Alberta will continue to maintain my nomination without any condition. The reason is although I was laid off during this pandemic time, the new AINP rules do not apply to my case as my nomination was issued before April 30, 2020.
I just wanted to tell everyone that do not worry too much and think positively. PR applications will be assessed based on a case by case basis. Do not let any negative comments kill your hope.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
It's so strange. As you were nominated by AINP, previous comment from one of member who got nominated from AINP as well, clearly stated that losing job would not have any negative effect on your IRCC PR application and Alberta province continued to support that guy. How come this happens to you?
I guess it depends on the program officer handling your file. Some take into account the pandemic and some don't.

Saskatchewan is the only province that is being considerate by giving you 6 months.

Last edited:

rickyhai11

Jan 12, 2018
I guess it depends on the program officer handling your file. Some take into account the pandemic and some don't.

Saskatchewan is the only province that is being considerate by giving you 6 months.
It does not make sense to me and seems to not be fair. All application should be treated equally. Have you secured a new job?

Anonymous109

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
If you look into the other guys history then you can clearly see that he was nominated under Express Entry PNP Alberta. Most of the applicant in this thread are PNP paper based so it make sense given there are different eligiblity rule for EE ainp and paper ainp.

Reactions: rickyhai11

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
If you look into the other guys history then you can clearly see that he was nominated under Express Entry PNP Alberta. Most of the applicant in this thread are PNP paper based so it make sense given there are different eligiblity rule for EE ainp and paper ainp.
I noticed they were Express Entry as well.

Anonymous109

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
I noticed they were Express Entry as well.
Did they sent your any pdf or told you whether your application would be on hold until you find new job? Or just told you to find new employer in 60 days? I believe you are really close we have seen may aor getting ppr in march so when ever they starts issuing pr, yours would be processed in less than 30 days. Stay positive man, if they didn't put your file on hold then I'm pretty confident that you will recieved your ppr before your 60 days deadline. This is just an optimistic prediction though, we never know that IRCC has for us.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Did they sent your any pdf or told you whether your application would be on hold until you find new job? Or just told you to find new employer in 60 days? I believe you are really close we have seen may aor getting ppr in march so when ever they starts issuing pr, yours would be processed in less than 30 days. Stay positive man, if they didn't put your file on hold then I'm pretty confident that you will recieved your ppr before your 60 days deadline. This is just an optimistic prediction though, we never know that IRCC has for us.
They put my nomination on hold for 60 days. Under normal circumstances I would have received my PR by now.

I was told all nominees that lose their jobs would have their nominations put on hold for 60 days. And they will make a decision on whether to withdraw your nomination based on if your able to provide a full-time job offer at the end of the 60 days.

Not much you can do, but keep applying for jobs.

Last edited:

wherethestorystarts

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hi guys... so I have been nominated by BCPNP with open wp. I got laid off recently, and I informed them.
Then I received an email as below a few days ago.

Thank you for notifying us of the change to your employment. The information has been added to your file.

As a nominee, you are expected to continue to meet the conditions of nomination, including demonstrating your intent to reside and the ability to economically establish in B.C. in order for the BC PNP to continue to support your nomination.

Important information:

• You must submit your permanent residency (PR) application to Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) before the expiry date of your Confirmation of Nomination.
  • As part of the PR review process, IRCC may contact the BC PNP to confirm your employment and nomination details.
  • You must continue to meet the conditions of your nomination which includes maintaining full-time employment in B.C.
  • In the event of a loss of employment, it is our expectation that you will seek alternate employment in B.C.
  • We may consider changes in employment provided the new position continues to meet the requirements for nomination and you can demonstrate you have the ability to economically establish in B.C.
For the most up-to-date information about the BC PNP, please visit our website.
Thank you for your interest in the BC Provincial Nominee Program.

I'm just trying to figure out what this email means. It sounds very general..?
They didn't really say how many days are given to me to find a new job.
I'm not sure this is good news or bad news for me. I did send them an email with a lot of questions, but I wonder when they will get back to me haha..