+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 Laid OFF PNP employer based program connect here..!!

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Every province has there own prerogative. The issue becomes that you end up a large number of files that are on pause. These PNP programs are created to slowly introduce workers into the economy. In terms of Alberta many of the jobs will unfortunately be gone whether it is 2 months or 6 months from now. You will just have to monitor what happens in Alberta and write an email to your MLA and MP suggesting that Alberta give people 6 months as well.
Funny enough my company is planning to do lay-offs two months from now.

Last edited:

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
i got another reply again as follows from My province

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

We appreciate your patience during this challenging time and understand you have questions with respect to nominations by the OINP. Nominees and employers with approved employment positions were advised in their approval letters that the approval was conditional upon the nominee continuing to be employed in the approved employment position throughout the nomination period (i.e. until permanent residence). This means that the nominee’s terms of employment must remain consistent throughout the nomination period and includes:

1. employer;
  2. position title and duties;
  3. wage;
  4. hours of work; and
  5. work location.

Nominees

If you are a nominee, you do not need to contact the OINP unless your Ontario employer has notified you that (i) your job offer has been withdrawn; or (ii) you have been terminated (i.e. you lost your job with the employer). If a nominee indicates they have been terminated, the OINP will confirm with the employer and the nominee will be included on all correspondence.

Employers

Employers should notify the OINP of any material changes to nominees’ employment terms, excluding temporary layoffs under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA).

No change in employment

If there are no changes to a job offer/employment position (continues to be permanent, full-time, meets program wage requirement, etc.), the OINP will continue to support the nomination. There is no requirement to contact the program.

Temporary layoff

If a job offer/employment position has been affected by a COVID-19 related temporary layoff under the ESA but otherwise continues to meet program criteria (permanent, full-time, meets program wage requirement, etc.) the OINP will continue to support the nomination. There is no requirement to contact the program at this time. The OINP may ask for supplementary information from employers with respect to such temporary layoffs at a future date.

Nominee terminated (job loss)

If a nominee’s employment has been terminated due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the OINP will proceed to cancel the approval of the employment position but will notify the nominee and provide 90 days to obtain the support of another employer. The nominee will be given the opportunity to submit a new application (with applicable fee).

No application will be denied, and no approval cancelled, without notice to the applicant and employer. Responses to such notices will be carefully reviewed before a final decision is made.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
i got another reply again as follows from My province

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

We appreciate your patience during this challenging time and understand you have questions with respect to nominations by the OINP. Nominees and employers with approved employment positions were advised in their approval letters that the approval was conditional upon the nominee continuing to be employed in the approved employment position throughout the nomination period (i.e. until permanent residence). This means that the nominee’s terms of employment must remain consistent throughout the nomination period and includes:

1. employer;
  2. position title and duties;
  3. wage;
  4. hours of work; and
  5. work location.

Nominees

If you are a nominee, you do not need to contact the OINP unless your Ontario employer has notified you that (i) your job offer has been withdrawn; or (ii) you have been terminated (i.e. you lost your job with the employer). If a nominee indicates they have been terminated, the OINP will confirm with the employer and the nominee will be included on all correspondence.

Employers

Employers should notify the OINP of any material changes to nominees’ employment terms, excluding temporary layoffs under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA).

No change in employment

If there are no changes to a job offer/employment position (continues to be permanent, full-time, meets program wage requirement, etc.), the OINP will continue to support the nomination. There is no requirement to contact the program.

Temporary layoff

If a job offer/employment position has been affected by a COVID-19 related temporary layoff under the ESA but otherwise continues to meet program criteria (permanent, full-time, meets program wage requirement, etc.) the OINP will continue to support the nomination. There is no requirement to contact the program at this time. The OINP may ask for supplementary information from employers with respect to such temporary layoffs at a future date.

Nominee terminated (job loss)

If a nominee’s employment has been terminated due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the OINP will proceed to cancel the approval of the employment position but will notify the nominee and provide 90 days to obtain the support of another employer. The nominee will be given the opportunity to submit a new application (with applicable fee).

No application will be denied, and no approval cancelled, without notice to the applicant and employer. Responses to such notices will be carefully reviewed before a final decision is made.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,
So, you have 90 days to find a new job or your nomination will be withdrawn?

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have same situation with you guys. I got my nomination letter and I mailed my PR application in March then I got laid off.
I emailed to PNP office (AB) about my employment status due to COVID-19.
This is the answer that I received :
Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated on your employment status. The AINP will continue to support your nomination as you met the working requirements at the time of assessment. Be sure to keep us informed once your employment resumes.
I understand that this is a difficult situation. I hope you are able to stay safe and healthy.

I think they are pretty understanding for this epidemic. :)
Did you receive any update from AINP?I know some provinces expect you to be employed in the approved employment position throughout the nomination period (i.e. until permanent residence).Do you know if this is a requirement if you have no employer restrictions and your nomination is not tied to an employer?

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
So, you have 90 days to find a new job or your nomination will be withdrawn?
no this situation does not apply to me, they wrote if my employer sends them an email and they will notify me and give me 90 days. go through this
i am temporary lay off here is the guidelines for a nominee.
Temporary layoff

here is the guideline for employers.
Employers

My employer will inform them if my job is terminated if i quit the job or if i didn't go back to work after lay off. they also said EXCLUDING TEMPORARY LAYOFFS. which means my employer doesnt have to inform them that i have been laid off during the covid19 outbreak.

rickyhai11

Jan 12, 2018
Dear Folks,

Any updates from your ends ? I am in similar situation and still waiting for IRCC as My application is still in process now.

Robertogogr

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hey guys!!

Good news here, I just get an email from the official who took my case (AINP) this is what I got this morning:

''Good Day xxxxxxxx,

This email is sent to you in response to the correspondence we received from your Representative concerning your current employment status. I would like to confirm that your Nomination from the Province of Alberta will continue to be supported.

Although your job status has changed due to COVID-19, you were nominated on February, 2020 prior to changes that were made to the Express Entry stream criteria on April 29, 2020. Therefore there will be no change to your Nomination.

Regards,''

I hope you find this message helpful.

Reactions: Optimall

Tinytown

Aug 26, 2019
Hey guys!!

Good news here, I just get an email from the official who took my case (AINP) this is what I got this morning:

''Good Day xxxxxxxx,

This email is sent to you in response to the correspondence we received from your Representative concerning your current employment status. I would like to confirm that your Nomination from the Province of Alberta will continue to be supported.

Although your job status has changed due to COVID-19, you were nominated on February, 2020 prior to changes that were made to the Express Entry stream criteria on April 29, 2020. Therefore there will be no change to your Nomination.

Regards,''

I hope you find this message helpful.
Hi. It is really good news. Our situation is exactly the same. I have not received the response from AINP but hopefully they will continue to support the my application. When did you send the email to AINP about your employment? Thank you very much.

Robertogogr

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hi. It is really good news. Our situation is exactly the same. I have not received the response from AINP but hopefully they will continue to support the my application. When did you send the email to AINP about your employment? Thank you very much.
I believe it was on April 10

Jsainbhi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
these are just assumptions. if you have situation contact your province, they will tell you what to do, if they dont reply you back doesnt mean they ll withdraw your nomination. Dont just get frustrated unless it is officially announced by the Provincial Government. Even IRCC had reduced their staff and limited services due to covid-19. Good luck
Exactly you are right man. I am in same situation where i got laid off during my pnp application from Manitoba. But my employer confirmed i would be hired back again and i have been laid off since 2 months and i got my pnp approved with no restrictions. They know the situation. I will call cic to check how to proceed further. Provinces are supporting the applications right now. If they have to give only 60 days or 90 days then they would have never approved the nomination regardless of which province. No doubt every province have different policies. Stay positive

Reactions: Ravi saab

Jsainbhi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Aren’t they giving people 60 days. Unfortunately having unemployed PRs doesn’t benefit the provinces either. We’ll need to see if they become more flexible but I would start looking for a plan B, C, D..
Canuck. Are you also a pnp pr applicant or not. Please don't mind and no offense brother but i saw your comments on lot of posts. You have zero information about anything and the most negative information. There is a thing call case by case. This is not the first time i have seen you posting as if you are yourself Premier of province. Please do listen to others too. None of us brought covid 19 none of us are happy to have lost jobs. We are all sailing in same boat. We should help each other. And also immigration officers and government won't throw millions of immigrants out of the country for losing jobs. They have something known as "Brain'. Thank you..stay safe brother[/QUOTE]

• Haha
Reactions: Ravi saab

Jsainbhi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Just If anyone is in same situation here is something you should know...
I have got my nomination from manitoba government and i am laid off due to covid. my employer has ssured that i will be hired back we still have our jobs.
I contacted mpnp today explained my situation that i have only 3 months left and my pgwp will expire. she clearly told me that 3 months are good time for business to open but if any goes wrong i dont need to worry.
first right now pr files are being accepted but pr file number won't come within atleast 4 months what mpnp told me. so the only option left is closed work permit [Note: if you have nomination and job letter you dont need LMIA see T13 exemption]. Mpnp also tolf me that if my work doesnt resume within next 3 months and my work permit expire they will not cancel nomination at all. They are actually ready to support me and told that do not change jobs even if i have no restrictions as it will delay the pr application. They also said that they advising people who are nominated to go to implied status or restore status as visitor if you need instead of changing jobs. Still they will NOT withdraw nomination and i can even ask for nomination extension if need but till then they said everything should be fine with covid.. So best thing is instead of worrying call your pnp office and clear with them if they say change jobs then go for it if not then probably wait.
thanks