+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 Laid OFF PNP employer based program connect here..!!

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
My friend have you find a new job yet? how is your progress?
No not yet :'( Still looking but no success so far. The closed work permit is hard. I'm glad you're able to get back to your job soon!! Yes, hope the gap isn't an issue!!

Just got an ADR last Friday for the IMM5669 Schedule A Background Declaration. Hopefully a positive DM is next!

• Love
Reactions: MaddieNg

Merci980

Dec 16, 2020
Hi guys, its my first time here, and i specifically registered just now so i can help some of you worried. So i applied for Alberta pnp paper based in march 2019 with job offer has a food service supervisor (Tim hortons) got laid off in march due to covid. And kept looking for jobs, and I got a temporary cleaning job on kijji, which i have been doing since july till date. In august the immigration officer requested for a job letter and i response with a letter explaining the situation ( my layoff and my current job as a temporary cleaner) with paystubs from the cleaning job to back it up. And I don’t even have an employment letter for the cleaning job i was doing . I updated the province about my situation and I didn’t hear from them till November 24th. A lady called from Alberta nomination office and ask if i was working, i told yes as a temporary cleaner, and i work 40-60hrs a week. And she said okay, and after the call i got a pre-arrival letter in the evening. And 2days after i got my PR. SO I GUESS YOU CAN JUST DO ANY JOB, AS FAR AS YOU NOT ON EI AND SITTING COMFORTABLY AT HOME. :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MaddieNg and mamong

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys, its my first time here, and i specifically registered just now so i can help some of you worried. So i applied for Alberta pnp paper based in march 2019 with job offer has a food service supervisor (Tim hortons) got laid off in march due to covid. And kept looking for jobs, and I got a temporary cleaning job on kijji, which i have been doing since july till date. In august the immigration officer requested for a job letter and i response with a letter explaining the situation ( my layoff and my current job as a temporary cleaner) with paystubs from the cleaning job to back it up. And I don’t even have an employment letter for the cleaning job i was doing . I updated the province about my situation and I didn’t hear from them till November 24th. A lady called from Alberta nomination office and ask if i was working, i told yes as a temporary cleaner, and i work 40-60hrs a week. And she said okay, and after the call i got a pre-arrival letter in the evening. And 2days after i got my PR. SO I GUESS YOU CAN JUST DO ANY JOB, AS FAR AS YOU NOT ON EI AND SITTING COMFORTABLY AT HOME. :)
Nice! It sounds like AINP continued to support your nomination so you were able to get PR! Hope it'll be the same for the rest of us too! Thanks so much for registering to share your story and experience with us!!

MaddieNg

Nov 12, 2020
No not yet :'( Still looking but no success so far. The closed work permit is hard. I'm glad you're able to get back to your job soon!! Yes, hope the gap isn't an issue!!

Just got an ADR last Friday for the IMM5669 Schedule A Background Declaration. Hopefully a positive DM is next!
that's a good sign they asked for your documents. I hope all the best will come to you real soon.

• Love
Reactions: mamong

MaddieNg

Nov 12, 2020
Thank you kindly for your post.

I did took EI after CERB as being laid off I really need financial support. Also I'm on closed WP, can't work for anybody else. Can you please tell me how is that a problem?

Merci980

Dec 16, 2020
Thank you kindly for your post.

I did took EI after CERB as being laid off I really need financial support. Also I'm on closed WP, can't work for anybody else. Can you please tell me how is that a problem?
Ei isn’t a crime, that the only way you can support yourself Right now and everyone knows that. You can apply for an open work permit. And support it with an explanatory letter. An explanatory letter is the best way to talk to an officer, Tell them your situation and you would like to get another job to support yourself. Or you can wait and hope for the best. I wish you luck.

MaddieNg

Nov 12, 2020
Ei isn’t a crime, that the only way you can support yourself Right now and everyone knows that. You can apply for an open work permit. And support it with an explanatory letter. An explanatory letter is the best way to talk to an officer, Tell them your situation and you would like to get another job to support yourself. Or you can wait and hope for the best. I wish you luck.
Thank you for your respone . I resume my job with the same employer from beginning of Dec (with limited hours at first). Also I am filling form to apply for an BOWP at this moment (I don't have employment restriction). Do I still need explanation letter for my BOWP?

OGGOLDEN

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
The province that nominated me does not have your employer's name listed if you were nominated under the student stream for those with PGWP. Only your NOC is listed- the employer section is blank.

I have passed eligibility and criminality and could have possibly received PPR and landed by now if it wasn't for Covid. I will find in the the next few day/weeks if I will be laid off.
For pgwp holders, our employers is mentioned on the job approval letter but we do not have employment restrictions on our work permit, I am also in the same situation, I got laid off after I submitted my pr application paper based. I informed SINP and I was told that they will inform the IRCC officers incharge of my application. That was there only response, not sure if they indirectly mean they continue to support my nomination.

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
For pgwp holders, our employers is mentioned on the job approval letter but we do not have employment restrictions on our work permit, I am also in the same situation, I got laid off after I submitted my pr application paper based. I informed SINP and I was told that they will inform the IRCC officers incharge of my application. That was there only response, not sure if they indirectly mean they continue to support my nomination.
What is your situation like now? I guess your AOR was this year in 2020?

I hope if they have not mentioned anything more regarding your nomination that they will continue to support it? Did they provide any of the information here under the Temporary Measures? https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/immigration-faqs

OGGOLDEN

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
What is your situation like now? I guess your AOR was this year in 2020?

I hope if they have not mentioned anything more regarding your nomination that they will continue to support it? Did they provide any of the information here under the Temporary Measures? https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/immigration-faqs
Hi, This was the reply I got since Oct 27th after I informed sinp about my job loss and I have not heard anything since then from them. Meanwhile my PR application was mailed on Oct 7 and received on Oct Oct 14. But I am actively searching for another job.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

It has been added in the correspondence to your application forwarded to the officer.

We thank you for your patience till get response from officer."

Reactions: mamong

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi, This was the reply I got since Oct 27th after I informed sinp about my job loss and I have not heard anything since then from them. Meanwhile my PR application was mailed on Oct 7 and received on Oct Oct 14. But I am actively searching for another job.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

It has been added in the correspondence to your application forwarded to the officer.

We thank you for your patience till get response from officer."
Hopefully SINP will continue to support your nomination while you look for a new job!! And hope you find one soon! Thanks for sharing your email!

Reactions: OGGOLDEN

SIM001

Apr 28, 2020
Hi
Is there anyone from oinp student stream who is temp laid off
What will happen in out case should we inform oinp and ircc

Robertogogr

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hi all!
My wife and I finally got our permanent resident application approved after 9 month :D! IRCC portal showed all the details and COPR file number. We also got an email from IRCC Calgary with the same information, they confirmed than our eCOPR is available in our permanent resident confirmation portal which is not yet, hopefully tomorrow!

Just in case you are still concerning about you application(still I haven't get a job)

Best of luck to y´all!

• Love
Reactions: MaddieNg and mamong