+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Hi, I’m CEC inland AOR 24 August. My visa office is Ottawa.
In my GCMS notes, second page, I see that my application was assigned to an officer with due date on 21 December 2020. Anyone, who has a similar AOR to mine, VO Ottawa, has a similar due date? I’m trying to understand their flow of working.
I applied PR before (which was refused). From my experience with that application, the due day was quite exact. The due date of that application was 2 Jan 2021, the final decision was made on 3 Jan 2021

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
I feel like they want to issue most 2020 COPRs in 2021 so they can hit the 400,000 target according to the new immigration plan for 2021. That way they can say "look at how HARD we worked and how many COPRs we issued and we actually hit the 400,000 mark for 2021"..... Bullshit
It could be also that employees have target to clear xx number of files every week or month, so may they will keep some on hold which are 99% complete and will clear them in early Jan so that they have nice winters.

and i thought they are developed nations, its not with economy its all about mindset with which u work that makes nation developed.

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
CEC Inland
AOR: May 8th 2020
Biometrics done: 05/10/2020
VO: CPC-OTTAWA

Just received the GCMS notes (requested 19 October, generated 25 October) it says:

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final: Approved

On page 33 it says:

FINALIZE APPLICATION:
DOCUMENT ISSUANCE
Created Date: 2020/10/05
Updated Date: 2020/05/10
Client/Party: PA
Document #: .... (there is a number)
Document: COPR/CPR
Valid to: 2021/05/17
Status Updated Date: 2020/10/05

And the latest note is from Officer Review:

NOTES 1
Created Date: 2020/10/05
Text: ***OFFICER REVIEW*** APPROVED *** FOSS NAI, SATISFIED ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE MET

But so far no update on my account and when I called a few weeks ago the IRCC agent said "Everything is passed and Final Decision is the only thing missing".

Anyone else is or has ever been in the same situation?

Thanks!

Same here. COPR created on Oct. 23. How hard could it be for them to print and send out? So hard to get the logic. :rolleyes: arrggggg...

tsc17

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
24-06-2020
Same here. COPR created on Oct. 23. How hard could it be for them to print and send out? So hard to get the logic. :rolleyes: arrggggg...
this is really frustrating !!!!!!!!!!!

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Its hard , let me explain steps they have to follow

1) Open your account
2) Take PDF of your COPR
3) Copy paste standard mail and include your name
4) Type ur email ID and send mail to you

They view it 4 or more steps and you say its so easy :))

I am sorry had no intention to irritate you and can understand how frustrating this can be.

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
I think once they have CoPR ready - than they are following the AOR (first in first out - I am only speaking for Ottawa office). May be??? Because I am May 6 AOR and everything is ready to go... but they are still waiting.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Many June applicants are getting COPR. They're still within 6 months of course, but seems like most May people were placed on Covid pace.

JerryAnn

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Lagos
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
21-12-2019
AOR Received.
21-12-2019
Hello everyone, congratulations to everyone who has received ppr and trusting God for speed for all still waiting. I want to ask if there is anyone who received ppr after March 18 and was allowed to land in Canada. Thanks

Last edited:

JaspreetNirmann

Nov 23, 2020
Many June applicants are getting COPR. They're still within 6 months of course, but seems like most May people were placed on Covid pace.
I guess that is true, Everytime I call, the agent tells me my everything is completed as of Nov 3. Officer is waiting to give final decision. Now it is over 1 month and nothing has changed. They don't need anything from me, my file is good, still officer is waiting to give decision. This is really stressing me now that they are making us wait for no reason.

tsc17

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
24-06-2020
If you have an AOR of 31 Dec 2018 or later , follow the chart below to track your progress. Candidates will remain in a state of ‘False IP2’ throughout their application and only see a series of ‘ghost updates’ following their MEP ; the first such ghost update (which should follow shortly after MEP) will signify your Real IP1, the second ghost update will signify your Real IP2, and the third will be your ‘Final’ Ghost Update, following which you are likely to receive your PPR.

If you have an AOR date of up to 30 Dec 2018 , the chart also applies to you if you meet one or more of these conditions : you are a CEC or PNP-Inland candidate, you were required to provide your biometrics or you did not pay your RPRF upfront.

Note for FSW-Outland candidates who have an AOR date of up to 30 Dec 2018 : If you did not need to provide biometrics and paid your RPRF upfront, the old transition from NA1 all the way to a Final Ghost Update will still apply to you. Your Background Check should have started in NA1 (“Not Applicable” 1), meaning your Background Check status said “Not Applicable” right after you submitted your application.

General: EE - Express Entry: Canada’s score-based program for economic immigrants CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System: System for ranking candidates for EE ITA - Invitation to Apply: an invitation to apply for permanent residence e-APR - electronic Application for Permanent Residence: the online application for PR after receiving an ITA RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee: a fee collected as part of your PR application AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt (of application): email confirming receipt of your application after you submit and pay your fees ADR - Additional Document Request: IRCC sends a message asking you to provide a specific document to supplement your application.

Post-submission stages: False IP2 - Usually right from AOR or just after MEP. Background Check shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.”

MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from “You do not need a medical exam.” to “You have passed the medical exam.” There is no email for MEP .

Ghost Update - When you log in, the application says it’s been " updated " but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being “submitted”. Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them.

Ghost Update #1 or Real IP1 - “In progress” 1: Background Check changes to “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.” Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially Inland and CEC) skip this stage. You should receive an email for your Real IP1 - the email will not provide any details, just that your application has been updated.

NA2 - “Not Applicable” 2: Background Check changes to “Not Applicable” again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed. No email .

Ghost Update #2 or Real IP2 - “In progress” 2: Background Check changes to “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.” No email .

NA3 - “Not Applicable” 3: Background Check changes to “Not Applicable” again after IP2 (uncommon).

Ghost Update #3 or Final Ghost Update - Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.

PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends “Ready for visa” e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable. A PPR is announced only by email , and there may be no changes made directly to the profile. If you are worried you might miss it, you can whitelist the email domain @cic.gc.ca 63 to ensure the email comes straight to your inbox.

CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you’ve been approved for permanent residence.

Other notes:

1. The ‘eligibility’ and ‘final decision’ fields in your profile will not change to passed until after you receive your CoPR. This is an example 562 of what a profile may look like following a CoPR.
  2. Remember that these are not “official” stages, but they are used frequently throughout the forum to track the processing of applications.

Reactions: Toorkaur

planetch

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
I just called up IRCC helpline to check if Final decision was made and Agent be like we will reach out with communication with once we are ready communicate. So i go, does that mean Final decision is made?

Agent be like - As i said earlier with firmer voice we will reach out with communication with once we are ready communicate.

He was talking as if he is going to going to home deliver my CoPR :p
It seems they are also frustrated now with tons of call everyday.

Gabrielmsf

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
I just called up IRCC helpline to check if Final decision was made and Agent be like we will reach out with communication with once we are ready communicate. So i go, does that mean Final decision is made?

Agent be like - As i said earlier with firmer voice we will reach out with communication with once we are ready communicate.

He was talking as if he is going to going to home deliver my CoPR :p
It seems they are also frustrated now with tons of call everyday.
Was it now? Friday end of the day is harsh for everyone hahaha

Reactions: tinu28111987

monicallll

Jun 13, 2019
i’m in the same situation now. I uploaded my photos on Monday and still waiting for update. When i check the portal it says “in review with IRCC”.
someone on this thread go theirs a day after uploading their photo so i’m not sure what to expect.

please keep me updated when you get yours and i’ll do the same!
Hi, do you mind me asking if you have received your eCOPR yet? Did they approve your address and photo yet.

Reactions: simo’s