+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR approved after March 18, 2020

yeyang

Feb 17, 2021
Hello everyone:
I just received "Ready for Visa" email for the second time and will get CoPRs if everything goes well.My family got first CoPR before Mar 18 2020, and cannot landing for PR card because this pandemic , so everything expired and we family conducted medical exams again, so do my family belong to CoPR holders after 18 March?
Thank you!

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Hello everyone:
I just received "Ready for Visa" email for the second time and will get CoPRs if everything goes well.My family got first CoPR before Mar 18 2020, and cannot landing for PR card because this pandemic , so everything expired and we family conducted medical exams again, so do my family belong to CoPR holders after 18 March?
Thank you!
you are still a pre-march COPR holder since your INITIAL COPR was released before march 18, 2020.

spaul87

Aug 1, 2018
hi, i got my travel authorization letter. but my wife didnt get. i already applied for her AL again. if she doest get the AL than i want to travel alone. FYI i am the primary applicant. is it possible or there is any other rule that i dont know? Please help.

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
hi, i got my travel authorization letter. but my wife didnt get. i already applied for her AL again. if she doest get the AL than i want to travel alone. FYI i am the primary applicant. is it possible or there is any other rule that i dont know? Please help.
No nothing so far

agrawalakshay

Aug 4, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

I have recently received my COPR which expires on 4th Jan 2022, but since we cannot travel right now to Canada and IRCC says they will contact us for further steps, has anyone heard regarding what these steps are and how we can travel before our COPR expires?

What are the other options that we can use to travel to Canada as soon as possible and get exempted from travel restrictions. Will a job offer letter work here somehow?

If anyone is in the same situation or is aware of what should be done in such situation, can you please help me?

Thanks

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have recently received my COPR which expires on 4th Jan 2022, but since we cannot travel right now to Canada and IRCC says they will contact us for further steps, has anyone heard regarding what these steps are and how we can travel before our COPR expires?

What are the other options that we can use to travel to Canada as soon as possible and get exempted from travel restrictions. Will a job offer letter work here somehow?

If anyone is in the same situation or is aware of what should be done in such situation, can you please help me?

Thanks
Congratulations! Job offer can of course help you enter Canada, but not as a landed PR but as a foreign worker. So, you won't be able to validate your COPR if that's what you mean. You can travel through the U.S. though as the restrictions on COPR's after 18 March won't apply when you're travelling through the U.S.

agrawalakshay

Aug 4, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
Congratulations! Job offer can of course help you enter Canada, but not as a landed PR but as a foreign worker. So, you won't be able to validate your COPR if that's what you mean. You can travel through the U.S. though as the restrictions on COPR's after 18 March won't apply when you're travelling through the U.S.
I don't think we can travel through US too because they have specifically mentioned that you should be residing in US and not transiting through US to Canada to validate your COPR

agrawalakshay

Aug 4, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
Great news! Can you show your timeline please?
PNP - Ontario - Outland
AOR - 15th October 2019
Medicals updated - October 2019
Biometrics - September 2019
Approved - 27th Feb 2020
RFV mail sent - 27th Feb 2020 - I never received this mail so asked them to resend it multiple times till December 2020
Re-medicals request - 10th December 2020
Valid passport submission request - 10th December 2020 (Since my passport was expiring in April 2021)
Medicals updated - 4th Jan 2021
PPR - 7th April 2021
Counterfoil updated - 22nd April 2021
Received stamped passport and COPR - 1st May 2021

Reactions: Seeker2020

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
I don't think we can travel through US too because they have specifically mentioned that you should be residing in US and not transiting through US to Canada to validate your COPR
Well, I do not think so. In fact, you can try the tool below, which says so long as you arrive in Canada though the U.S. it is ok. Also, being a tourist in the U.S. is viewed as legally residing there. Canada even allows applying for a Canadian visa in the country one is only visiting as a tourist. See the second link below. At least, it is how I interpret it.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1017&top=16

Reactions: agrawalakshay

sophia01

May 15, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Just want to hear from you guys regarding this dilemna we are currently facing. For those approved COPRs/PRV after March 18, 2020 Rule, how do we handle our expiring COPRs/PRVs since we cannot travel? Is it different from Pre-March 18, 2020, who we are given exemptions and CAN travel to canada anytime as long as they are ready. Now, we, the post-March 18, 2020 COPR holders, can we request for just an extension or wait for the instructions of IRCC and let your COPR expire?

Our status is that our COPR/PRV was approved November 4, 2020 and is valid upto January 23, 2021. Travel restrictions were extended upto January 21, 2021. We already raised a webform requesting for an extension, no reply yet from IRCC.

What to do???

Thank you to who will reply and can help other COPR holders approved after MArch 18, 2020 ruling.
hey have you got any reply?
Are you in canada now?
Can you please elaborate some details as to what all procedures you went through