+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR approved after March 18, 2020

Meka1509

Apr 14, 2021
Cannot travel. I was sent back from India Air India airport check -in counter. I applied for AL with job offer letter etc, still AL got refused
I am in the same boat as you. My employer requires a tentative date to travel and my copr validity is till May 30,2021. Please let me know if you receive any positive response on your case.

CherDTing

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
was your AL application approved?
I havent heard back from them as yet. Its been ovee 14 days. But during my wait, IRCC announced that we are required to now submit our AL application via webform i was wondering if my email application is still valid. Anyways i submitted another via webform. Still waiting.

yanjualao17

Jan 24, 2020
I havent heard back from them as yet. Its been ovee 14 days. But during my wait, IRCC announced that we are required to now submit our AL application via webform i was wondering if my email application is still valid. Anyways i submitted another via webform. Still waiting.
Okay. Thanks. I applied for AL and was refused early in march. I don't know if one can re-apply?

CherDTing

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
I applied to join my brother ( classified as extended family member) and uploaded my COPR and other documents. They said the refusal was because they were not convinced of my relationship with my brother.
Did you submit both birth certificate.

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hello everyone,

We, my wife and I, are also CoPR holders after 18 March, so not exempted. My wife (not the main applicant) has accepted an offer of admission from the University of Toronto, so we are applying for student permit for her, and hopefully I will be also let in as family member. Any one has had similar experience? Do they actually issue student permit, while one is already an approved permanent resident?

I also have another question. I noticed that CoPR holders after 18 March are still allowed entry if they are coming through the U.S. So, we were thinking to travel to U.S. and from there to Canada. Is this feasible? Also, our CoPR has already expired. Do you know if it is possible to have them renewed in the U.S. while on tourist visa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nneoma.muna

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Hello everyone,
I am an Indian resident and got PR visa on 29th Dec, 2020 and it will expire on 30th April, 2021. I have not travel yet to Canada as Canada imposes Travel ban on visa holders who got visa after 18th March, 2020 and it is applied to me also, So, after 30th April, 2021, my visa will expire.

On 18th March, 2021 I got mail from IRCC said that if your visa will expire, don't worry about it. IRCC will renew or extend the visa itself. They said that visa holder does not need to fill webform.

So, I want to know that if my visa will expire on 30th April, 2021, What I need to do from my side??

Does anybody know this?? Please help me..

Thank you..

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am an Indian resident and got PR visa on 29th Dec, 2020 and it will expire on 30th April, 2021. I have not travel yet to Canada as Canada imposes Travel ban on visa holders who got visa after 18th March, 2020 and it is applied to me also, So, after 30th April, 2021, my visa will expire.

On 18th March, 2021 I got mail from IRCC said that if your visa will expire, don't worry about it. IRCC will renew or extend the visa itself. They said that visa holder does not need to fill webform.

So, I want to know that if my visa will expire on 30th April, 2021, What I need to do from my side??

Does anybody know this?? Please help me..

Thank you..
Well, nothing we can do but wait and pray for the restrictions to be lifted ASAP! I am on the same boat since 04 Feb!

Shry001

Jul 14, 2019

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
I am Indian national residing in USA, approved CoPR and Visa till Sept 20 2021.
I was trying to find if I am allowed to land in Canada in current travel restriction time.
Found this, but doesn't seem to be very reliable as the entry is subject to discretion of the port of entry officials.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start?fbclid=IwAR0fmbfQPTFAxhzdTfR0g1tsr8nJtgCQzRz_FY81Axx0LV7LkFlZoLEq7Y8
Anyone know about this?

Thank you
I think you can safely travel to Canada as the restrictions on CoPR holders after 18 March does not apply to those travelling from the U.S.A. That it says entry is subject to ... exists for all groups that are exempted and my interpretation of it is that it is just a formality. Even before the whole pandemic happened, still that notice was there.

Reactions: CherDTing