+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR approved after March 18, 2020

spaul87

Aug 1, 2018
Here is what my mother has included in her email
1. List out all the items I've mentioned in the main post.
2. several paragraphs indicating who she is, and why she is visiting. She also introduced me regarding what my status is and where I am living.
3. A detailed quarantine plan (you understand you would need to book a 3-day hotel + how would you go home from the hotel after 3 days + how and where would you have your 14 days quarantine).

Of course, attach any identification of the people involved. In my case, we have attached our passports, PR Visa, COPR, my Canadian license, my PGWP and a birth certificate.

My email starts like this:
-------------------------------
Travel Exemption Criteria: immediate family members of a temporary resident in Canada
Primary Applicant:
Date of Birth:
Passport:
UCI:
Application:
Visa Category:
Visa & COPR Expiry Date:
Current Country of Residence:
Anticipated Date of Travelling:

To whom it may concern,

This is XX. I am an approved primary applicant for Permanent Residency, and I would like to apply
for a Written Authorization to come to Canada with my husband, XXX, to reunite
with our son, XXXXXX.

Reason for Traveling:
First, we want to reunite with our son, xxxxxx. He lives in xxx.
Second, we would like to land as permanent resident residents and live in canada permanently.
Thanks a lot. Hope it works for me.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Im sorry nothing for us post march COPR holders...though constantly monitoring IRCC website. .mine was expired on January 21, 2021...no update on my GC account...just have to wait their instruction as per the website.
Any extension of your medical? Did you raise the webform again?

Mine is expiring this month so I requested them to extend COPR validity and re issue IME no for re-medical but only got generic reply after 12 working days.

Bundhun

Nov 8, 2018
Hi there,
Im a post 18 March COPR and recently vaccinated (2 jabs of AstraZeneca)
Will i be allowed into Canada?
Thx

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Any extension of your medical? Did you raise the webform again?

Mine is expiring this month so I requested them to extend COPR validity and re issue IME no for re-medical but only got generic reply after 12 working days.
No nothing, Did raised webforms but received generic replies like we are processing your file, forwarded to you visa office. Nothing to do now but to wait.

Reactions: gtcan19

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
No nothing, Did raised webforms but received generic replies like we are processing your file, forwarded to you visa office. Nothing to do now but to wait.
My COPR was issued in October and expired a couple of weeks back.
After receiving only standard responses from IRCC I contacted my visa office by email, got the following response:

'Your application requires review to determine whether any new assessments, including a new immigration medical examination, are required before we can re-issue a confirmation of permanent residence document (COPR) and visa (if required).'

(At least they answered my question about getting an extension...)

Reactions: gtcan19 and Renalpe

Dimps18

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
After receiving only standard responses from IRCC I contacted my visa office by email, got the following response:

'Your application requires review to determine whether any new assessments, including a new immigration medical examination, are required before we can re-issue a confirmation of permanent residence document (COPR) and visa (if required).'

What is your Visa Office?

My COPR was received in Oct-20 and expired in Jan-21

Reactions: Wotsit

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020

At least a kind of relief to get such reply besides those generic one. Hope you`ll get positive update in coming days. Is your medical expired or extended?
Mine COPR & PRV is expiring after 9 days. Raising the webform seems meaning less at the moment so I will also email visa office but confused about the visa office. I submitted my passport to Visa Application Centre Tokyo, Japan. They forwarded the same to IRCC Philippine’s visa office. COPR & PRV was issued to me & my wife from Philippine’s visa office but COPR & PRV issued to my daughter is from Hongkong visa office.

CherDTing

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
I was really hoping that they would have extended the travel exemptions for persons who received their COPRs on or before March 18 2021.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
I was really hoping that they would have extended the travel exemptions for persons who received their COPRs on or before March 18 2021.
Ummh, as far as I recall, people with COPRs issued before March 18, 2020 are exempt. The only problem is that their COPRs would have expired. Unless you got the AL.

dhruvbajaj39

Feb 19, 2021
So people who have pre 18 March 2020 COPR, those are expired. Post 18 March, expiring every day from now on. Canada seriously needs to tweak its border restrictions

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
So people who have pre 18 March 2020 COPR, those are expired. Post 18 March, expiring every day from now on. Canada seriously needs to tweak its border restrictions
I swear!

vanibest

Mar 3, 2018
I received COPR on Nov ‘20 and got validity till August ‘21. They are giving more time for validity I guess. I got a letter this week for not to travel and need to wait little longer. And only now I came to know about this rule after booking my tickets and making arrangements in my home country. If anyone knows about update on this rule. Please keep posted. Thanks

Reactions: Uncle Yayo