Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
I received COPR on Nov ‘20 and got validity till August ‘21. They are giving more time for validity I guess. I got a letter this week for not to travel and need to wait little longer. And only now I came to know about this rule after booking my tickets and making arrangements in my home country. If anyone knows about update on this rule. Please keep posted. Thanks
What prompted the letter you got? You think it’s the booking? Is that all the letter said. Wait a little longer?

vanibest

Mar 3, 2018
#letter
Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada as an Economic Class permanent resident. We are looking forward to having you here, but you will have to wait a little longer.

At this time, to protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even people with a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV) counterfoil (if applicable), CANNOT TRAVEL TO CANADA at this time to become permanent residents unless they are exempt from the travel restrictions.
Do not worry if your documents are near expiry. We will contact you with further instructions if your documents expire before the travel restrictions are lifted. We will then work with you at that time to re-issue or extend the validity of your documents when it is safer to travel.
Travel Restrictions Compliance and Enforcement
We want you to eventually come to Canada safely and legally. Please note if you don’t follow the instructions provided to and try to travel to Canada right now, you could face a signficant ticket or fine. Entering Canada is an offence under the Quarantine Act. For more information see Consequences for failure to comply with the Emergency order.
Please learn about how COVID-19 is affecting immigration servicesand how it affects travel, quarantine and borders for the latest information on travel restrictions before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada.
Reuniting with family
We understand that you may have family in Canada and are looking forward to seeing them. If you are trying to reunite with family in Canada, you likely meet an exemption under the travel restrictions. If so, please consult Foreign nationals reuniting with family regularly to find out if you can travel to Canada.
Keep us informed if your situation has changed
Please let us know if your situation changes in any of the following ways:
  • Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
  • Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member
  • Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
  • You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Do not attempt to travel to Canada if your situation has changed. Your documents will need to be updated and re-issued.
We are sorry to keep you waiting and thank you for your patience,
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
#letter
Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada as an Economic Class permanent resident. We are looking forward to having you here, but you will have to wait a little longer.
A little longer.. these guys are playing politics with our lives..

Reactions: vanibest

Dimps18

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
#letter
Dear client,

Travel Restrictions Compliance and Enforcement
We want you to eventually come to Canada safely and legally. Please note if you don’t follow the instructions provided to and try to travel to Canada right now, you could face a signficant ticket or fine. Entering Canada is an offence under the Quarantine Act. For more information see Consequences for failure to comply with the Emergency order.
Please learn about how COVID-19 is affecting immigration servicesand how it affects travel, quarantine and borders for the latest information on travel restrictions before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada.
Reuniting with family
We understand that you may have family in Canada and are looking forward to seeing them. If you are trying to reunite with family in Canada, you likely meet an exemption under the travel restrictions. If so, please consult Foreign nationals reuniting with family regularly to find out if you can travel to Canada.
Keep us informed if your situation has changed
Please let us know if your situation changes in any of the following ways:
  • Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
  • Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member
  • Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
  • You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence

We are sorry to keep you waiting and thank you for your patience,
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Received the same email on the 18th of March..

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021

santinoleone

Feb 27, 2017
Hi guys,

I was issued my COPR and visa stamp in Sept 2020 with a validity till 30 March 2021. I'm assuming there are many in the same boat as me.

Based on the current travel restrictions I'm not eligible to travel to Canada, as I do not fall under any of the travel exemptions mentioned like in the following
1. I am an Indian passport holder staying in Dubai. So I don't reside in the US.
2. I also do not have any siblings, relatives (near or far), loved ones, etc residing in Canada.
3. My COPR was issued after 18 March 2020.
4. I am a mechanical engineer, and hence do not come under the essential skills category.

I was hopeful that the travel restrictions would be lifted prior to the expiry of my COPR. But based on current events, the travel restrictions do not seem to be going anywhere.
Simultaneously, I had raised several web forms to IRCC prior to November 2020 enquiring about the travel restrictions being lifted, and received nothing but generic answers. As I am slowly approaching the date to the expiry of my COPR while being clueless of the next steps. I am really looking forward to finding some clarity in the forum regarding this issue.

I've been told that one of the steps would be to raise a web form asking for an extension on the COPR. However, it is my understanding that based on new developments, we are not supposed to contact IRCC through the web form. Please refer to the link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2020-covid-approved-pr-applications.html

I believe this is the link for web form - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/(X(1)S(fzi0dr2y5owqlyzvztbvs3zo))/case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.89663579.1982319276.1412349823&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1&wbdisable=true
For some reason once I hit next on the web form, the page is frozen and doesnt go forward.

If there is another link, kindly post it as a reply. Thanks.
Your understanding (the 4 points mentioned by you) is absolutely correct. Unfortunately, Covid has brought with it a whole lot of collateral damage on businesses, finances, death of loved ones, and of course delays in various processes including immigration. Nobody can predict exactly when the pandemic would go away, hence governments are working basis the tentative inputs given to them by their data research/prediction analysts.
About the COPRs issued post 18th of March 2020 (whether valid right now or expired), the general understanding of various reputed immigration lawyers/consultants/subject matter experts is that these will be automatically treated as 'valid' for entry into Canada once the travel restrictions are lifted. This has been echoed on record by their Minister for Immigration too around a week back.
Only catch is that the medicals should be valid by that particular date. For the ones whose medicals would no longer be valid, their validity too shall either be extended or they might be asked to undergo fresh ones (that's the visa officer's call).

So, stay safe, take care of your families and sit tight !

shamly_manoj

Dec 22, 2020
I think you should contact IRCC or let your employer make a case on your behalf.
My employer booked tickets for me in Air India. Employer provided all job letters. But, my boarding was denied by Air India. They send photos of my documents to some person whom they call ASCI in whatsapp and he replied like "NOT OKEY TO BOARD as she dont have work permit and cannot travel in COPR"
But, few other employess managed to travel through air canada with copr after march 18 and same employment documents

CherDTing

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Hi all, just some information for those who have got COPR post march 18 and applied for written authorization.

Scenario: I am a PGWP holder, and my parents and I have got our COPRs (post march 18, expiring June 2021). I am in Canada while they are overseas. My parents have applied for a written authorization under the category of: unite with an immediate family member (temporary resident). After exactly 15 days, they have received a written authorization, valid for 3 months.

The authorization we've received starts as:

Authorization for Exemption from COVID-19 Canadian Travel Restrictions
From: International Network – Rapid Response Operations Centre (RROC)
Subject: Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,
Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada has been approved under the Order in
Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country
other than the United States).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Email we sent include information regarding:

Travel Exemption Criteria: immediate family members of a temporary resident in Canada

Primary Applicant:

Date of Birth:

Passport:

UCI:

Application:

Visa Category: IM-1 Immigrant

Visa & COPR Expiry Date:

Current Country of Residence:

Anticipated Date of Travelling:

Quarantine Plan:

Attachments:

1. passports, Visa and COPR (of everyone involved, in this case mine and my parents')
2. proof of relationship (in my case, a birth certificate)
3. Proof of status of the person in Canada (in my case, my PGWP)
4. My Canadian driver's license (or anything with a name and a Canadian address)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea behind the email is: don't try to let them figure out why you should be exempted. Simply tell them which criteria applies to you the best.

Hopefully my experience could be helpful for those who are under similar circumstances.
Is it mandatory to attach a quarantine plan with the email? If so are you able to email me a sample?

iamgrezy

Jun 1, 2020
Anyone who tried to enter Canada from US recently? Post March 18, 2020 here. Not a US Resident or Citizen but planning to travel to US and then enter Canada to complete PR Status. Anyone who has the experience or planning to do the same?

shamly

Jun 15, 2019
Hi All, if your job offer is an essential skill and COPR received after 18th March in this case your exempted. Have anyone traveled.
Cannot travel. I was sent back from India Air India airport check -in counter. I applied for AL with job offer letter etc, still AL got refused

• Sad
Reactions: gtcan19

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
I received COPR on Nov ‘20 and got validity till August ‘21. They are giving more time for validity I guess. I got a letter this week for not to travel and need to wait little longer. And only now I came to know about this rule after booking my tickets and making arrangements in my home country. If anyone knows about update on this rule. Please keep posted. Thanks
From which country you are??