+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

azeldmac

Sep 9, 2020
Hello all. I've been lurking and reading. I have an AOR of March for FSW, biometrics and stuff all done. I am a US Citizen living in the US and I believe I'd be able to move once we get approved according to the current travel restrictions. Do you think US citizens are at any particular disadvantage or advantage in terms of actually being approved? Is there such a backlog that it will probably still be months before we hear anything? Our background checks say "We are processing." I can't tell if it's IP1 or IP2. We're ready to move ASAP once they give us the approval/go ahead. We just have no idea what to expect and can't find anyone in a similar situation. We were hoping to be out of here before the US election and probably would have if not for....pandemic.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello all. I've been lurking and reading. I have an AOR of March for FSW, biometrics and stuff all done. I am a US Citizen living in the US and I believe I'd be able to move once we get approved according to the current travel restrictions. Do you think US citizens are at any particular disadvantage or advantage in terms of actually being approved? Is there such a backlog that it will probably still be months before we hear anything? Our background checks say "We are processing." I can't tell if it's IP1 or IP2. We're ready to move ASAP once they give us the approval/go ahead. We just have no idea what to expect and can't find anyone in a similar situation. We were hoping to be out of here before the US election and probably would have if not for....pandemic.
Please check the myimmitracker site to get some idea about processing time for other US applicants. (Use filters as per your need)

https://myimmitracker.com/

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
Does anyone have the answer whether IRCC is working on any relief for people who have soft landed but cannot move now given the land borders are closed and also just to avoid exposure to coronavirus in these times
What do you mean relief?

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
minimum requirement of 1,095 days of physical presence for Citizenship or 2 years for just the PR
Yeah I do not think that will be changed. I am pretty sure you need to be living in Canada to get those days counted.

They might give an extension. Who knows. Gotta stay tuned what IRCC decides.

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
I am in the same boat. Sponsorship applicant. Visa expired on June 15. Received email requesting for info like if we are ready to travel last
week. Replied them by Monday! Let's see what happens next. Please keep us posted if you get an extension and I ll do the same too
I am in the same boat. Sponsorship applicant. Visa expired on June 15. Received email requesting for info like if we are ready to travel last
week. Replied them by Monday! Let's see what happens next. Please keep us posted if you get an extension and I ll do the same too
Hi Madhan!
I'm in the same boat as you and Amit. Do you mind sharing contact info so that we can discuss more closely the similarities between our cases and plan our responses accordingly?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone have the answer whether IRCC is working on any relief for people who have soft landed but cannot move now given the land borders are closed and also just to avoid exposure to coronavirus in these times
How much more lenient and minimal can the requirements get?

Reactions: hinavin

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
I am sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but many people here would absolutely love to be in your situation. You literally have everything in your favour at this point including an opportunity to move permanently if you would like to which is a luxury most of us don't have.

If you have done your soft landing this year or even last year, I don't think waiting a few more months to make a permanent move will impact you greatly from the physical presence point of view.

Reactions: nns14 and hinavin

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hello from Vancouver!!!

I successfully completed my landing yesterday!!! It has been a long 3 year marathon with many obstacles and I'm glad I finally made it over the line :)
Congratulations, could you please share which was your source country and about covid test. did airlines/airport authorities asked when boarding to flight and also Canada asked while you landed or what they asked for covid etc.
Thanks

Last edited:

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi all,

I know NDVO is still closed and god knows if they have issued any extension for an expired COPR yet or not however I wanted to ask if you think I should raise a webform again? The reason I am asking this is because the last i raised it was back on Aug 7th (i did raise one in June & July too) and though the end result is not changing but the content in their replies is changing. Are you guys raising webforms every month? Or should I just leave it and wait?

Thanks all.

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hi all,

I know NDVO is still closed and god knows if they have issued any extension for an expired COPR yet or not however I wanted to ask if you think I should raise a webform again? The reason I am asking this is because the last i raised it was back on Aug 7th (i did raise one in June & July too) and though the end result is not changing but the content in their replies is changing. Are you guys raising webforms every month? Or should I just leave it and wait?

Thanks all.
The only difference I have seen in the responses is an additional disclaimer regarding Covid-19 and a more apologetic tone to their reply where they have said that they are trying their best but have a reduced staff. Otherwise, it has been the same generic response.

I haven't raised monthly webforms but I have tried to put in more attachments on each new one(job seach, POF, quarantine plan etc). The last one was the most detailed one I could send so I have now given up on sending any more after seeing yet another standard response from them. I won't be sending a webform or an email again till I hear back from them.
I would suggest the same for you if you have already sent in enough webforms with the details regarding your case.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
The only difference I have seen in the responses is an additional disclaimer regarding Covid-19 and a more apologetic tone to their reply where they have said that they are trying their best but have a reduced staff. Otherwise, it has been the same generic response.

I haven't raised monthly webforms but I have tried to put in more attachments on each new one(job seach, POF, quarantine plan etc). The last one was the most detailed one I could send so I have now given up on sending any more after seeing yet another standard response from them. I won't be sending a webform or an email again till I hear back from them.
I would suggest the same for you if you have already sent in enough webforms with the details regarding your case.
True, I have done the same . I have sent webform every month with more concrete information of my itinerary. They still dont seem to respond. I am going to wait till hear from them. Did anyone call the NDVO office?