+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

M160RA

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys,

I sent my settlement and quarantine plan last month, and I mentioned that I am ready to travel ASAP with the intention of settling permanently.
However, by the grace of the almighty, my situation has changed and I have the opportunity to start a new job soon. I am willing to delay moving to Canada because of this.

How should I proceed?
  • Do I proactively raise another webform and tell IRCC that my circumstances have changed since I submitted my webform?
  • Do I wait for IRCC to do their "assessment" and possibly send me an authorisation letter or a PPR?
I know soft landing are not allowed and my intention was to go and settle permanently before I got this opportunity. It's frustrating that IRCC is unwilling to provide any timelines on anything or how they intend to process COPR extensions. None of us can take any long term decisions as a result. I do not want to lose my Canadian PR, but sitting at home without doing anything for almost a year is hugely detrimental.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi guys,

I sent my settlement and quarantine plan last month, and I mentioned that I am ready to travel ASAP with the intention of settling permanently.
However, by the grace of the almighty, my situation has changed and I have the opportunity to start a new job soon. I am willing to delay moving to Canada because of this.

How should I proceed?
  • Do I proactively raise another webform and tell IRCC that my circumstances have changed since I submitted my webform?
  • Do I wait for IRCC to do their "assessment" and possibly send me an authorisation letter or a PPR?
I know soft landing are not allowed and my intention was to go and settle permanently before I got this opportunity. It's frustrating that IRCC is unwilling to provide any timelines on anything or how they intend to process COPR extensions. None of us can take any long term decisions as a result. I do not want to lose my Canadian PR, but sitting at home without doing anything for almost a year is hugely detrimental.
Congratulations on your new job! Best wishes and well done!

I would perhaps simply wait for response from NDVO / IRCC et al. As you might have gathered, despite demonstrating specific and firm plans of permanently arriving in Canada, the response has remained largely generic. Wait and watch type, from India specially.

There may not be much of a difference whether you inform them now or after you hear from them.

If on the other hand, they suddenly send you an eTA, you could then take a call - respond then of your inability to travel or try a soft landing (your judgement call) etc

Have not heard of re-requesting PPR in India - not sure which country you have applied from.

Guti1987

Sep 29, 2020
Hi Guys,
Received this today from IRCC:

IRCC is contacting you regarding your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) (unless you have an eTA) and those of your accompanying dependent family members. Do not attempt to travel without written authorisation.

We are currently reviewing your application as you are a holder of a CoPR and PRV issued on or before March 18, 2020. In order for us to assess your case, we require additional information for you and any accompanying family members included on your application.

Please reply to this email by providing the information/documents requested.

Answer the following questions:

1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

Attach documents/information to demonstrate the following:

· Proof of your plan to settle and remain in Canada such as;

o address where you will stay,

o lease agreement,

o home ownership document,

o employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer), and

o any other relevant information to demonstrate arrangements for your arrival.

· Proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including;

o proof of funds (bank or credit card statements), and

o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.

I am not sure what to put in "address where you will stay". I am planing to book an AirBnB but not yet booked it. Can I just tell them that I plan to book AirBnB for a month and attach my job offer letter and POF along with the email????

FYI, i am from India and VO is NDVO

Reactions: mage and Tango1988

IsharaJ

Jan 16, 2019
Hi guys,

How should I proceed?
Before landing, do we need to send our settlement and quarantine plan to IRCC?

IsharaJ

Jan 16, 2019
Hi Guys,

IRCC is contacting you regarding your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and Permanent Resident Visa (PRV) (unless you have an eTA) and those of your accompanying dependent family members. Do not attempt to travel without written authorisation.

We are currently reviewing your application as you are a holder of a CoPR and PRV issued on or before March 18, 2020. In order for us to assess your case, we require additional information for you and any accompanying family members included on your application.

1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

o lease agreement,

o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.

I am not sure what to put in "address where you will stay". I am planing to book an AirBnB but not yet booked it. Can I just tell them that I plan to book AirBnB for a month and attach my job offer letter and POF along with the email????

Hi Buddy,

What is the query you sent to IRCC to get such a reply from them?
I also sent a web form to them saying that I am ready travel on these days, but they have sent me a generic reply, not like this.
Please advice.

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi Guys,

o lease agreement,

Thanks, please keep update for future developments.

Guti1987

Sep 29, 2020
Hi Buddy,

What is the query you sent to IRCC to get such a reply from them?
I also sent a web form to them saying that I am ready travel on these days, but they have sent me a generic reply, not like this.
Please advice.
So this was my 4 Ready to Travel webform...my CoPR and PRV expired June 1 (issued March 17). In the last two webforms I specified that i have a job offer and plan to settle down permanently. My last webform was a couple of weeks before.

Now just confused on what to add as address. I have friends there and plan to stay in AirBnb, but worried they might not consider this as a concrete plan!?!

Prabhjot09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hi Guys,

o lease agreement,

I also received the same..but i havnt filled the ready to travel form.
Have you raised the webform?

Anks86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Boston, U.S.A
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
16-09-2019
Hi, need some help here. I am the primary on my application and my wife is secondary. For some reason she cannot travel for soft landing at this time (visa processing issues in US). Can I do the soft landing alone? Can she do it at a later time? Does she have to so it within the given CoPR expiration dates?

IsharaJ

Jan 16, 2019
I also received the same..but i havnt filled the ready to travel form.
Have you raised the webform?
How did you receive this content without contacting them via a web form buddy?
I am so confusing because my COPR remarks says decision was made on or prior to March 18. but when I contacted IRCC via webform, they sent me a generic reply.

Am I using a different form?.. May I know the exact link for the ready-to-travel web form?
Please help.

Madhan96291

Jan 19, 2018
So this was my 4 Ready to Travel webform...my CoPR and PRV expired June 1 (issued March 17). In the last two webforms I specified that i have a job offer and plan to settle down permanently. My last webform was a couple of weeks before.

Now just confused on what to add as address. I have friends there and plan to stay in AirBnb, but worried they might not consider this as a concrete plan!?!
You could just say that you will do an AirBnb booking once the extension is approved. Also, promise them that you will share your confirmed AirBnb booking before departure.

Madhan96291

Jan 19, 2018
I am so confusing because my COPR remarks says decision was made on or prior to March 18. but when I contacted IRCC via webform, they sent me a generic reply.

Am I using a different form?.. May I know the exact link for the ready-to-travel web form?
Please help.
Yeah, I got the same email without raising a webform.

Prabhjot09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019

Please help.
I too dont know...i havnt raised any web form ...it came out of the blue.