FSW
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
21-08-2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Hi all,
I have received my extended COPR as mentioning "Approval prior march 18".Can I travel to Canada?

Kiran9999

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hi all,
I have received my extended COPR as mentioning "Approval prior march 18".Can I travel to Canada?
I think you can travel as your approval is prior to march 18. By the way how did you get the extension? Did you raise ready to travel webform? Did you attach any supporting documents? And if you don't mind me asking what your nationality and VO?

gayajust

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
21-08-2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Hi all,
I think you can travel as your approval is prior to march 18. By the way how did you get the extension? Did you raise ready to travel webform? Did you attach any supporting documents? And if you don't mind me asking what your nationality and VO?
I have contacted local IRCC branch end they guided me to submit passport again.
I'm from Sri lanka.

Reactions: IsharaJ

IsharaJ

Jan 16, 2019
Anyone having remarks at the bottom of their COPRs (extended COPR) like below?
"Reissuance due to covid-19. Final decision was made on or prior to March 18, 2020"
Or anyone having this remark has already landed Canada?

Because I want to know if I am exempted from travel restrictions.

Reactions: gayajust

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Anyone having remarks at the bottom of their COPRs (extended COPR) like below?
"Reissuance due to covid-19. Final decision was made on or prior to March 18, 2020"
Or anyone having this remark has already landed Canada?

Because I want to know if I am exempted from travel restrictions.
Are u from India?

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
For now, only those who had CoPRs issued on March 18 or prior are exempt from the current travel restrictions. As of yet, there is still no word as to when these travel restrictions will ease. Unfortunately, at this point it’s a waiting game for most.
Hi Nivo!
You had mentioned earlier that you got a 4 pointer email from IRCC requesting for additional information and documents. If you don't mind me asking, did you respond to IRCC with a medical insurance and confirmed flight ticket? Or did you explain in a word document that you will book your flights at a later date upon receipt of a path forward?

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi Nivo!
You had mentioned earlier that you got a 4 pointer email from IRCC requesting for additional information and documents. If you don't mind me asking, did you respond to IRCC with a medical insurance and confirmed flight ticket? Or did you explain in a word document that you will book your flights at a later date upon receipt of a path forward?
Hello! What we submitted was:
* A home address where we will be living
permanently,
* A job offer letter from employer
* Bank statement
* A signed Letter from The homeowner that
we will be living there till we find a home
to purchase.
* That we have not yet booked our tickets
and ready to travel in the next 60 days and
will book flights as soon as approval given.
* A detailed quarantine plan- mentioned that we will be taking a taxi directly to the place of quarantine. Mentioned the address, and that the basement apartment is owned by my sister and indicated that it has a separate entry, washroom,
bedroom, and kitchen; and we also
Mentioned how we will access food and medical care. My sister signed and dated a letter as well confirming information.

As IRCC advised to not book flights until approval is given, I’m assuming the same goes for medical insurance. However, we will be residing in Ontario, and Ontario typically has a 3 month waiting period for returning citizens who have been outside the country for a year or more, before being able to access OHIP(free healthcare). Due to COVID-19, Ontario has lifted the waiting period, meaning citizens are able to access healthcare as soon as they return. The Ontario government website does not make clear if the same goes for PRs. So I am looking into it. If that’s the case, then no need to purchase medical insurance, only travellers insurance if anything.

Reactions: tusa47 and dn3

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
permanently,
* Bank statement
to purchase.
* A detailed quarantine plan- mentioned that we will be taking a taxi directly to the place of quarantine. Mentioned the address, and that the basement apartment is owned by my sister and indicated that it has a separate entry, washroom,
Mentioned how we will access food and medical care. My sister signed and dated a letter as well confirming information.

As IRCC advised to not book flights until approval is given, I’m assuming the same goes for medical insurance. However, we will be residing in Ontario, and Ontario typically has a 3 month waiting period for returning citizens who have been outside the country for a year or more, before being able to access OHIP(free healthcare). Due to COVID-19, Ontario has lifted the waiting period, meaning citizens are able to access healthcare as soon as they return. The Ontario government website does not make clear if the same goes for PRs. So I am looking into it. If that’s the case, then no need to purchase medical insurance, only travellers insurance if anything.
Thank you for the detailed response. Further to that, is yours a case of Family Re-unification? Are you or your spouse currently in Canada while the other spouse waits for CoPR extension to join you in Canada?

Last edited:

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
permanently,
* Bank statement
to purchase.

Also, if you haven't landed yet, how were you able to secure a job offer, since you're not a PR yet? Don't the employers need you to provide SIN number and a legal status to be able to work in Canada?

Dejavu_44

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
This COPR extension journey just keeps getting weirder. Peeps are getting visas restamped and IRCC is stating that Electronic Authorization letters will be given only God knows when.

Reactions: smithplato