+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi, I am having an expired COPR issued before 18th March. After raising my 3rd Ready to Travel (this time with a confirmed travel itinerary), my file got reopened yesterday and is showing in progress. Now today they have sent me another message, asking for re medicals of all family members. Has anyone received any such request in last few days?Did you get Copr Extension after that?
Are you from India? Was hoping that given the situation here they wouldn't ask for remeds!

gayajust

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
21-08-2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
If you link your application to an online profile you can get full details of your case and see when it was completed. If the person on the telephone confirmed that your file was completed before March 18, 2020 and you CoPR has not expired you can now travel to Canada any time up to the date of you CoPR expiry. Here’s a link where you can register to make an online account to see all your information in regards to your application online.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugeescitizenship/services/application/register.html
My question is that IRCC web site considers COPR issue date (in my case it's June 2nd) for the March 18th restriction. but, IRCC local branch says it's the application approved date (in my case March 12th where I am exempt from travel restrictions). What should consider?

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
My question is that IRCC web site considers COPR issue date (in my case it's June 2nd) for the March 18th restriction. but, IRCC local branch says it's the application approved date (in my case March 12th where I am exempt from travel restrictions). What should consider?
Honestly I’m not sure. In our case our CoPR issue date and approved date(case was finalized) are the same and assumed that’s the case for everyone. Just to be clear by issue date are you referring to the date you received it or the date that’s actually on the CoPR under issue date? in any case, you have to go by the issue date because on the official Canadian gov website It says CoPR issue date, so I would suggest to go with that date because ultimately that’s what will appear on your documents and not the date your file was approved. Airlines and CBSA agents will only look to the dates on documents.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi, I am having an expired COPR issued before 18th March. After raising my 3rd Ready to Travel (this time with a confirmed travel itinerary), my file got reopened yesterday and is showing in progress. Now today they have sent me another message, asking for re medicals of all family members. Has anyone received any such request in last few days?Did you get Copr Extension after that?
Ur from which country? What's your vo?

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
@aadhi90 Congratulation on landing.
Are you in Health care related Occupation?
Is your job is in high demand?
Do you have a job offer?
Which Documents you have attached with webform.
You have raised webform to IRCC or NDVO or both?
Have you written a mail to NDVO?
Please aswer me as I am going to raised my fourth webform.
Thanks.

areebareeb

Apr 23, 2019
Hi Guys

Hope everyone is doing well.

I just wanted to confirm a few things.

I have received my COPR and counterfoil on my passport, the expiry date both on the passport and COPR is the 27/08/2021.

Does that mean that I can go to Canada anytime before the 27/08/2021 even though my medicals are expiring in October 2020?

I'll appreciate if someone can confirm this for me, i tried emailing the VO but they're not replying to my emails anymore.

Regards

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi Guys

Hope everyone is doing well.

I just wanted to confirm a few things.

I have received my COPR and counterfoil on my passport, the expiry date both on the passport and COPR is the 27/08/2021.

Does that mean that I can go to Canada anytime before the 27/08/2021 even though my medicals are expiring in October 2020?

I'll appreciate if someone can confirm this for me, i tried emailing the VO but they're not replying to my emails anymore.

Regards
Yes it means you can travel to Canada. So long as the CoPR was issued on March 18 or prior.

FrancineB

Aug 11, 2020
I raised a ready to travel web form at the end of July. At the beginning of September I received a letter asking for my passport and expired COPR to be resent to the VO for new visa and COPR. Received the new COPR and visa today. However today I also received an email asking for:
  • 1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

• 2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

• 3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

• 4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

• Attach documents/information to demonstrate the following:
  • · Proof of your plan to settle and remain in Canada such as;
  • o address where you will stay,
  • o lease agreement,
  • o home ownership document,
  • o employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer), and
  • o any other relevant information to demonstrate arrangements for your arrival.

• · Proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including;
  • o proof of funds (bank or credit card statements), and
  • o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.
Very strange, I don’t know what to make of this. Has this happened to anyone else?
How long is the extension you received?

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
My COPR was issues in September, when will I be allowed to travel?
For now, only those who had CoPRs issued on March 18 or prior are exempt from the current travel restrictions. As of yet, there is still no word as to when these travel restrictions will ease. Unfortunately, at this point it’s a waiting game for most.

areebareeb

Apr 23, 2019
For now, only those who had CoPRs issued on March 18 or prior are exempt from the current travel restrictions. As of yet, there is still no word as to when these travel restrictions will ease. Unfortunately, at this point it’s a waiting game for most.
thanks for letting me know bro, so i guess ill just have to wait and see what happens.

Reactions: Nivo0811

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
China virus rising in Canada , I don't think IRCC will be giving anyone extension from outside anytime soon (with few exceptions) ! If they don't open in October , this will be a strong indicator !