+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I raised a ready to travel web form at the end of July. At the beginning of September I received a letter asking for my passport and expired COPR to be resent to the VO for new visa and COPR. Received the new COPR and visa today. However today I also received an email asking for:
  • 1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

• 2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

• 3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

• 4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

• Attach documents/information to demonstrate the following:
  • · Proof of your plan to settle and remain in Canada such as;
  • o address where you will stay,
  • o lease agreement,
  • o home ownership document,
  • o employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer), and
  • o any other relevant information to demonstrate arrangements for your arrival.

• · Proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including;
  • o proof of funds (bank or credit card statements), and
  • o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.
Very strange, I don’t know what to make of this. Has this happened to anyone else?
Which visa office? Did you redo medicals?

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
Hey guys. Can anyone please share the URL for "ready to travel' webform. My COPR expired in April, and I want to start the renewal process now.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Adam261

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Is the date issued still visible?
Yes, it is. And there is a Remark in the bottom of COPR "Decision rendered before 18 th of March". However, I am concerned that due to lack of awareness, airport workers might not allow to board.

EugeneHD

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Yes, it is. And there is a Remark in the bottom of COPR "Decision rendered before 18 th of March". However, I am concerned that due to lack of awareness, airport workers might not allow to board.
Are you an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident?

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
I raised a ready to travel web form at the end of July. At the beginning of September I received a letter asking for my passport and expired COPR to be resent to the VO for new visa and COPR. Received the new COPR and visa today. However today I also received an email asking for:
  • 1. Are you and any accompanying family members ready to travel to Canada within the next 60 days, to settle and become a permanent resident?

• 2. Is there any reason preventing you or your accompanying family members from departing your current location to travel to Canada within the next 60 days?

• 3. Are you able to book a flight to Canada from your current location for yourself and your accompanying family members?

• 4. Do you have a proposed and feasible travel plan with a single transit point to Canada? (If yes, attach proof such as plane tickets.) If not, are you willing to book and confirm such travel plans as soon as approved?

• Attach documents/information to demonstrate the following:
  • · Proof of your plan to settle and remain in Canada such as;
  • o address where you will stay,
  • o lease agreement,
  • o home ownership document,
  • o employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer), and
  • o any other relevant information to demonstrate arrangements for your arrival.

• · Proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including;
  • o proof of funds (bank or credit card statements), and
  • o plan to show how you will obtain groceries, access medical care and other essential services.
Very strange, I don’t know what to make of this. Has this happened to anyone else?
That's a bit worrisome. Looks like IRCC is starting to ask people to make the move now or lose their right if they can't satisfy IRCC that they can't travel.

In your case you sent a RTT webform and all so it's probably just a generic email that you can disregard.

I wonder how widespread this type of IRCC request is.

Are they starting to push people to go to Canada?

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
That's a bit worrisome. Looks like IRCC is starting to ask people to make the move now or lose their right if they can't satisfy IRCC that they can't travel.

In your case you sent a RTT webform and all so it's probably just a generic email that you can disregard.

I wonder how widespread this type of IRCC request is.

Are they starting to push people to go to Canada?
Not exactly,Billy. IRCC is trying to take extensive precautionary measures regarding the pandemic. Unless, if you have non-discretionary reason or you are travelling to settle, the are being careful in allowing. The VO will give you extension , the current situation we are in is out of our control. We couldn't travel because of lockdown.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Not exactly,Billy. IRCC is trying to take extensive precautionary measures regarding the pandemic. Unless, if you have non-discretionary reason or you are travelling to settle, the are being careful in allowing. The VO will give you extension , the current situation we are in is out of our control. We couldn't travel because of lockdown.
But why are they now asking you if you can travel within 60 days tho? The way their email is worded it looks like they want to push people to move.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
But why are they now asking you if you can travel within 60 days tho? The way their email is worded it looks like they want to push people to move.
Well they want to avoid soft-landing and moreover Many countries have not completely started regular international flights.They have arranged airttravel bubble between countries to allow for immediate and important purposes only. Or May be 60 days because they dont want to get overloaded with work later.Its hard to say, honestly, at this point we have to make the best with what we get.Being skeptical or mildly cynical wouldn't be of much help,right?

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi, I am having an expired COPR issued before 18th March. After raising my 3rd Ready to Travel (this time with a confirmed travel itinerary), my file got reopened yesterday and is showing in progress. Now today they have sent me another message, asking for re medicals of all family members. Has anyone received any such request in last few days?Did you get Copr Extension after that?

Reactions: Indranil01