+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sajjad037

Jun 10, 2020
For people in Canada, who have recevied their CORP or their application approved on or before March 18, 2020, are also allowed to go to Port of Entry (POE) (though flagpole at US-Canada border) to validate COPR letter ?

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Any one from dubai , is vfs open ?did anyone get extension?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Based on what's happened with Lufthansa, I'm sure people will still be denied boarding. Be very cautious before booking any ticket until June 30. Make sure you take print outs of all these tweets as proof before entering the airport.
What happened with lufthansa?

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Hello, All. I would like to share my landing experience today at Montreal (YUL) Airport, Canada. I landed via Qatar Airways' flight from Karachi Pakistan via Doha, Qatar to Montreal.

Experience was pretty normal and swift. Immigration officer asked for Passport and Copr, asked me to sign and put details on customs form for customs declaration purposes and asked if goods are to be followed.

In addition, my quarantine address particulars were also noted down in a separate form. You should have a solid plan on how to convince it to the concerned officer. Because nowadays the only focus is on quarantine/Isolation.

I wasnt asked about Photo for PR card. Agent said you would have to apply.

She congratulated me on becoming PR and welcomed to my new life. Overall it was really quick process since 3-4 Copr holders were in that flight and took 10-15 Means each.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello, All. I would like to share my landing experience today at Montreal (YUL) Airport, Canada. I landed via Qatar Airways' flight from Karachi Pakistan via Doha, Qatar to Montreal.

Experience was pretty normal and swift. Immigration officer asked for Passport and Copr, asked me to sign and put details on customs form for customs declaration purposes and asked if goods are to be followed.

In addition, my quarantine address particulars were also noted down in a separate form. You should have a solid plan on how to convince it to the concerned officer. Because nowadays the only focus is on quarantine/Isolation.

I wasnt asked about Photo for PR card. Agent said you would have to apply.

She congratulated me on becoming PR and welcomed to my new life. Overall it was really quick process since 3-4 Copr holders were in that flight and took 10-15 Means each.
Congratulations for achieving your PR status. Could you please add more details regarding your landing experience with respect to questions asked by officer regrading your quarantine plan? It would be helpful for those who are travelling soon.

ivoyager

Dec 6, 2018
I am a bit skeptical right now due to the covid crisis. Not sure if I should venture into Canada given the uncertainty. And I am not sure how long it'd take to get jobs at the moment. what do you think?

You can try Tollfreeforwarding.com. I used it and works well but you need to pay around 4$ rent / month and call charges.
You can try monster.ca, indeed.ca and many more job sites. Just google it and see which site frequently publishes jobs that are related to your field.
Getting offers while in India seems to be rare. So try to be there in Canada as early as possible. Good luck to you.

cancan0505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Anyone here in US with COPR approved after March 18th, but expiring soon in 2-3 months? How are we supposed to complete landing if we are not even allowed to do so? If COPR expires before travel restrictions are lifted, will we have to send our passports back to Ottawa (or a different issuing office) for extension and re-stamping?

George88

Jun 11, 2020
Hi All, this thread has been very informative. Thanks for providing much required guidance on various fronts. I have a quick question on the quarantine plan that we need to share while entering canada. What are the options we have to quarantine if we are unable to find a rental prior to landing? We are a family of three (myself, wife and 2 year old). 1) Can we stay at a friend's place (they are a couple staying in a 1 bhk)? 2) Can we stay with another family member who has more than 1 bhk and has a room dedicated to us? 3) Do we need to look up for an Airbnb? 4) if we are unable to find a place is there a provision that we can be assigned a government designated quarantine facility, if yes can you share that information?

Thanks for all the help. Wish everyone on this forum best of luck!

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
People holding COPRs and PRs were denied boarding. Only Canadian Citizens were allowed to enter the aircraft. There is a link about this story a few pages back
That's so unprofessional. They should warn people at the tickets booking stage, not at boarding...

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Anyone here in US with COPR approved after March 18th, but expiring soon in 2-3 months? How are we supposed to complete landing if we are not even allowed to do so? If COPR expires before travel restrictions are lifted, will we have to send our passports back to Ottawa (or a different issuing office) for extension and re-stamping?
You will need to inform IRCC via web-form that you are unable to travel because of the restrictions (it is obvious, but you better make a note to them about that). But do you think the travel restrictions will be in place for so long?